What to feed a 2yr old toddler? HELP

nora23

I have no more idea what to prepare for my girl... she is also a lil fussy as well.. pls share some simple dishes as I'm a working mom and on weekend I dont intend to spend so much time at the kitchen as I have a baby to take care of too...

thks

Ting

there r so many types of food to give your girl, but, what is she fussy abt? what kinda food she doesnt take?

Chachacha

My daughter is 21 months old and is not too fussy about food. For the last 4 months we have been getting to eat the same food that we have. I am lucky to have a helper who cooks food for the whole family, but now we will cook something that we can all eat so save time. One of my friends cooks dinner for her and husband then saves some for next day to feed her daughter.

My daughter will eat the following as examples:

Dinner:
Steamed fish with rice and vegetables (very soft and mashed into the rice)
Chicken casserole
Spaghetti with meat balls
Spaghetti bologaise
Vegetarian pizza
Steamed pork and egg with rice
Home made chicken nuggets

Lunch
Chicken sandwich
tuna with egg sandwich
Vegetarian fried rice
Spanish omelette

She used to like congee but now isn't so keen

If you don't mind trying western food, there is a really good recipe book by Annabel Karmel you can buy from most book stores. I used that for all our recipe ideas since my daughter was 6 months old.

DodoTan

My son loves soup. You can cook up a simple chicken broth and store it in the fridge, then just throw in a few ingredients your girl likes to eat into the broth and it'll be a pretty reasonable soup. Then just eat it with rice lor.