What to pack for Eash Shore hospital?

Raina

Anyone gave birth at East Shore? What do they provide and what do they not provide?

Any experience of your stay at ES to share?

Asimo

Alpha Male
Anyone gave birth at East Shore? What do they provide and what do they not provide?

Any experience of your stay at ES to share?

You need to bring yr baby clothes, mitten, bootie for yr bb to wear upon discharge. The rest of the items will b provided. You dont need to bring any extra. Book the 2 bedded!!! Price diff is not much but when u see the room yr self to compare, the diff is great!!!

Raina

You need to bring your baby clothes, mitten, bootie for your baby to wear upon discharge. The rest of the items will b provided. You dont need to bring any extra. Book the 2 bedded!!! Price diff is not much but when you see the room your self to compare, the diff is great!!!
Hi Asimo :) thanks.

Do they provide any gowns to wear or should I bring my own?
When u say price diff..is between how many bedded?
Can share what's the greatness in the difference..very curious :D

Oppsgal

Pricelist also not very accurate, don't seems to add in those items they give out like shaver, diapers, etc...

Oppsgal

When you say price diff..is between how many bedded?
My advice is if going for normal delivery, bring along your own disposable shaver. They charging so expensive.

Gowns they do provide, but bring own to wear better since they allow. Plus get one that is easy to take on and off for nursing baby.

Do bring along baby's cap, mittens and blanket. If can, also bring along a camera.

My stay there is HORRIBLE! They over charge my hubby for a meal which they miss out and never replace. Along came in a baby doctor dont seems to do much at all also charge us. We blur blur there got chop carrot head. Come out hospital bill $7k for single bed because emergency. Then from normal deliver become c-sect. Do epidural. Do everything for normal then gynae say cannot normal deliver.

Toilet cant flush probably. After you poo, got to call nurse to call cleaner.

For your info, there is confinement meal there which nurses fail to inform us, then we last day of stay then got one nurse asks why we never order for me. We say we dont know anything. Then she says got menu. Menu there is like "treasure hunt", so hunt in the side table there.

Food there still fine. They do a feedback by phone after the horrible stay, get my negative feedback. Hope got some improvement there.

Last edited:

xicloudix

When you say price diff..is between how many bedded?
Price difference around $50/ $ 60 as shown in the price list... I was about to book 4 bedded and notice this difference too and booked 2 bedded instead....

xicloudix

My advice is if going for normal delivery, bring along your own disposable shaver. They charging so expensive.

Gowns they do provide, but bring own to wear better since they allow. Plus get one that is easy to take on and off for nursing baby.

Do bring along baby's cap, mittens and blanket. If can, also bring along a camera.

My stay there is HORRIBLE! They over charge my hubby for a meal which they miss out and never replace. Along came in a baby doctor dont seems to do much at all also charge us. We blur blur there got chop carrot head. Come out hospital bill $7k for single bed because emergency. Then from normal deliver become c-sect. Do epidural. Do everything for normal then gynae say cannot normal deliver.

For your info, there is confinement meal there which nurses fail to inform us, then we last day of stay then got one nurse asks why we never order for me. We say we dont know anything. Then she says got menu. Menu there is like "treasure hunt", so hunt in the side table there.

Food there still fine. They do a feedback by phone after the horrible stay, get my negative feedback. Hope got some improvement there.

If you have the phamplet for the package (i can't find in their website) emergency C section cost $4150 for single bedded... this price excludes doc fee (mother), baby doc fee, baby test(optional) etc... My doc charges $1.2K for normal delivery, so i think C section should be around 2k+ - 3K?? so $7k+ should be around there... Although i think other hospitals also charges around the same price, some even higher (heard thomson is higher) but still expensive to me, thats why i pray hard i have smooth delivery.... if not have to spend so much....

But for the disposable supplies, it should be included, perharps they just break down the bill for you to see better??? If not can argue with them... As in the link http://www.parkwayhealth.com/patients-visitors/patient-guide/pdf/bill/esh-maternity.pdf , "
(ii) All packages price include hospitalisation charges and daily charges of medical / disposable supplies but exclude doctors' professional fees"

Toilet cannot flush.... very dirty... they dont have other rooms??? Meals never ask you eat what also... last time my friend say they will come and ask.... hope things will get better when i give birth haha... i can't stand dirty toilets especially when i am in pain after giving birth....

but baby and mother safe can liao lah... sometimes have to spend some $$ cannot avoid de.. dont think too much, relax & enjoy your confinement...

Raina

Oopsgal, thanks for sharing...wow that's quite an experience for you.
May I know who was your gynae?

Gulp.. certainly hope all will go well for me, kinda booked the single bedded room...