What to pack for KK hospital Bag?

adelynn

thks adelynn for the reply .. ok so i dont need to pack diapers in my bag for my stay there .. thks thks.

So for the milk which means every month its not the same ya?
And as for the samples of milk, how many samples were given and care to share the names of it?

Thanks.
Hmms, i am not sure if it changes monthly. My understanding is that the nurses will just use what is available. BTW, my friends just delivered (31/12 & 01/01) went to visit them and ask for glass bottles from the nurses. I saw NAN & Frisco & Mamil glass bottles in the bag that the nurses pass to me.

Milk samples there were Frisco inside & Mamil for mummies to drink if my memory serves me right. I am fully BF my girl, so to deter me from trying to feed her formula, i just chuck it all aside or get my hubby to give them away. Sorry can't help much here :)

shiyi

KK will provide diapers for your baby (charged at a fee) and you can bring back the opened unused pack when you get discharged. there is also a 'welcome birth' pack of magazines, health awareness stuff, samples of milk powder for both baby and mummy, etc.

milk wise i'm not sure as my girl is 100% BF but my understanding is that it depends on whatever samples are available. i did ask during my stay and it was NAN (mid nov) but when my gerfren delivered (mid dec) it was similac.
will they charge too exp for the diapers or should i bring my own?

adelynn

will they charge too exp for the diapers or should i bring my own?
i think they are pretty reasonable (KK charged total of $9.50 to me for consumables, which is diapers and other misc items), and is charged to the bb's hospital bill which is medisave deductible.

shiyi

i think they are pretty reasonable (KK charged total of $9.50 to me for consumables, which is diapers and other misc items), and is charged to the baby's hospital bill which is medisave deductible.
ot abit btw how much % of the total bill is deductible from medisave?

angelia286

ot abit btw how much % of the total bill is deductible from medisave?
I think it depends on which ward you are taking. If you are under subsidised ward (B2 to C ward), its fully deductible from Medisave. B1 upwards can claim:

1. $2,100 for mum (based on 2 days stay)
2. $900 for baby stay
3. $25 for first jab
4. $450 for prenatal care

Hope that this helps!

angelia286

There is actually a list provided by KKH, which was given to me at the Admissions Department when I went there for enquiries last week.

Basically the list comprises of the following:

For the Mother
1. Towels & Toiletries (Provided for by KKH for B1 & A ward patients)
2. 2 sets of pyjamas (for those who don't want to wear the hospital one)

For the Baby
1. 2 sets of clothes
2. 2 sets of mittens
3. 2 sets of booties
4. 2 sets of cap
5. 2 sets of receiving blanket
6. 2 sets of socks

1. Original Birthcert / passport / NRIC of both parents
2. KKH Admission Book
3. OCBC / Standard Chartered Bank Opening Account
4. Original Marriage Cert & 2 copies of cert

For now, this is what I can think of...

jean1986

There is actually a list provided by Kandang Kerbau Hospital, which was given to me at the Admissions Department when I went there for enquiries last week.
i was there for enquiries 2 weeks ago. the person did not give me a detailed breakdown. she just print out the costs deductible by medisave and how much deposit i need to put. when i asked her what is inclusive she just say everything. argh. :nah:

angelia286

i was there for enquiries 2 weeks ago. the person did not give me a detailed breakdown. she just print out the costs deductible by medisave and how much deposit i need to put. when i asked her what is inclusive she just say everything. argh. :nah:

The first time I went there, they did the same thing to me. Lol but the second time, I insisted on doing the Admissions procedures (which places me on the waiting list and it means that upon labour, I don't have to do the Admissions procedures then as I did it in advance), and they provided me with the agreement contract and the Admissions booklet, and Baby bonus envelope which consist of everything that we need.

We just have to provide them with the original NRIC of both parents for admissions procedures and of course the people from where the hospital fees will be deducted from will also have to be physically present too.

Hope that this helps!

iynix

Hi all...i juz gave birth last year feb...Actually kk provide u with santary pad(not those string type,is kotex maternity pad),disposable panties(but they provide is those high waist,gown for mi is susidised so they need us to wear their hospital gown.You juz need to bring yr clothes for discharged and baby clothes and those necessary doc(bank book for bb bonus and yr marriages cert).Charger is a must in case low batt and something to entertained yrself...

angelia286

Hi all...i just gave birth last year feb...Actually kk provide you with santary pad(not those string type,is kotex maternity pad),disposable panties(but they provide is those high waist,gown for mi is susidised so they need us to wear their hospital gown.You just need to bring your clothes for discharged and baby clothes and those necessary doc(bank book for baby bonus and your marriages cert).Charger is a must in case low batt and something to entertained yrself...

Is this uniform for all wards?? Cause the list they give me for subsidised wards states that we have to bring our own toiletries and towels, but for private patients, these are provided.

So.. will the maternity pads be given for subsidised patients also? How about diapers for the baby?

angelwendy

Is this uniform for all wards?? Cause the list they give me for subsidised wards states that we have to bring our own toiletries and towels, but for private patients, these are provided.

So.. will the maternity pads be given for subsidised patients also? How about diapers for the baby?

I think they will give u uniform.. onli A1 can bring their own.... as for maternity pad.. they will give u a pack... & also diapers... it will be charge to ur bill also... u can bring back the unused one home....

iynix

yup the hospital gown is for all wards...but for like A1 i am not sure cos i am under subsidised..they dun provide us with toiletries..only pads and disposable panties...diaper they will provide us with 1 pack but all this already charge to yr bill so remember to bring home when u discharged..