What to pack for KK hospital Bag?

BbpHir3

Yea, the maternity pads that they provided were the string ones and I brought my own self adhesive maternity pads. They also provided me with a pack of disposable undies when I was there Aug last year. Unsure if this was part of their samples packages which should be subjected to changes, depending on what freebies the suppliers provide KK with, I guess. I also brought my own baby powder for freshening up. This is particularly useful if you do not want to wash your hair at the hospital so by sprinkling some powder (baby or talcum), your hair would not look greasy and oily..

Anyway, should anything be missed out, hubbies or family could always go home and bring it for you or you could get new ones from the shops/ pharmacies in KK so no need to kan cheong :)
u mean in aug '08, the pads are string type ones?? for dec '08, mine's adhesive.. wondering wat they having now!! should i buy extra pads?!?!?!

maybe can stand by those normal pads for night use, the 8 or 10pcs one only few bucks.
but don't worry even if you don't stand by can always ask hubby buy from pharmacy below, they a few brands of maternity pads.

for disposable undies i was told to bring my own.. but again if you girls didn't bring can also buy from pharmacy, the stuff there aren't expensive.

Cor

you mean in aug '08, the pads are string type ones?? for dec '08, mine's adhesive.. wondering what they having now!! should i buy extra pads?!?!?!
Yea, Aug'08 and the pads were string type ones. Like what HoneyLicious mentioned, just in case if what they are providing now are the string ones, you may wanna bring some of your own if you are not used to it.

Though it is true, most things could be conveniently purchased from the shops in KK, please note that some of the shops there (pharmacy and a few other shops) were closed on Sundays.. Unlucky for me, I delivered on a Sunday and when I needed a float to sit on (it really helped me alot for my 3rd degree perineal wound), my dad had to go other places like kiddy palace to haunt for it as the shops were closed. Unsure if there are any changes in the pharmacy's operation hours now..

Last edited:

snowbear

hmm, i also gave birth in 08 and the maternity pads were adhesive type. Only immediately after delivery they gave me a string type then subsequently all adhesive.

KKH doesn't provide slippers so must bring your own.

With regard to wearing 1 or 2-pc suit for NB, if it's a romper, make sure it's those that doesn't need to wear over the NB's head. I brought a romper for my dd to wear when she was discharged and it's those with ribbons so dun need to wear over her head...

KKH also dun provide swaddling towel so bring your own if you want to swaddle your bb.

BbpHir3

anytime would be fine.. u can always remove/ add-in anything anytime b4 u leave home for labour.. but please be ready by the 36 - 37weeks (it's bout the time, baby's engaged, n ready to arrive).. cuz by then, u can deliver anytime~~

ArDz

anytime would be fine.. you can always remove/ add-in anything anytime before you leave home for labour.. but please be ready by the 36 - 37weeks (it's bout the time, baby's engaged, n ready to arrive).. cuz by then, you can deliver anytime~~

ok .. thks so much ..
:001_302:

hi Ardz, if your pregnancy have been a smooth one you can pack around 33-34weeks, unless you have complications like pre-eclampsia or diabetes or pre-term labour then mighht want to pack earlier.

ArDz

hi Ardz, if your pregnancy have been a smooth one you can pack around 33-34weeks, unless you have complications like pre-eclampsia or diabetes or pre-term labour then mighht want to pack earlier.

Hi HoneyLicious, thks for the reply.
Btw wat the most important tings to pack normally?

no prob Ardz :001_302:

important things to bring:
-KK pink maternity booklet
-handphone charger
-original marriage cert (if you intend to register baby name at KK)
-ocbc bank book (if you already have) for applying baby bonus
-1 set clothing for discharge
-1 set baby clothing, 1 pair mitten & bottties, swaddle cloth

other things you can bring:
-toiletries
-towel
-toothbrush, toothpaste, comb
-sanitary pad (if you are particular on brands)
-disposable undies
-socks

thats about it i guess..

ArDz

-handphone charger

other things you can bring:
-toiletries
-towel
-toothbrush, toothpaste, comb
-sanitary pad (if you are particular on brands)
-disposable undies
-socks

thats about it i guess..

do we need to bring diapers for baby or the KKH will provide?
Will KKH gave free goodies to bring back home?
And wat kind of milk given to baby in KKH?

adelynn

KK will provide diapers for ur baby (charged at a fee) and u can bring back the opened unused pack when u get discharged. there is also a 'welcome birth' pack of magazines, health awareness stuff, samples of milk powder for both bb and mummy, etc.

milk wise i'm not sure as my girl is 100% BF but my understanding is that it depends on whatever samples are available. i did ask during my stay and it was NAN (mid nov) but when my gerfren delivered (mid dec) it was similac.

shiyi

-handphone charger

can we open an acct for the baby b4 shes born?
cos both me n SO do not have an ocbc acct

ArDz

KK will provide diapers for your baby (charged at a fee) and you can bring back the opened unused pack when you get discharged. there is also a 'welcome birth' pack of magazines, health awareness stuff, samples of milk powder for both baby and mummy, etc.

milk wise i'm not sure as my girl is 100% BF but my understanding is that it depends on whatever samples are available. i did ask during my stay and it was NAN (mid nov) but when my gerfren delivered (mid dec) it was similac.

thks adelynn for the reply .. ok so i dun need to pack diapers in my bag for my stay there .. thks thks.

So for the milk which means every month its not the same ya?
And as for the samples of milk, how many samples were given and care to share the names of it?

Thanks.

shiyi

do i have to bring bottoms for the baby or a 'kimono' top will do? since she will be wrapped in the towel n wearing pampers

chewnlow

do i have to bring bottoms for the baby or a 'kimono' top will do? since she will be wrapped in the towel n wearing pampers
hi shiyi, i think u can choose to make do with the bottoms. however, pls remember to bring a towel for baby's discharge. i forgot to bring one, and asked KK if they provide. the answer i got was a cold and unsympathetic "sorry, we don't provide". u can imagine how disappointed i was then. :(

shiyi

hi shiyi, i think you can choose to make do with the bottoms. however, pls remember to bring a towel for baby's discharge. i forgot to bring one, and asked KK if they provide. the answer i got was a cold and unsympathetic "sorry, we dont't provide". you can imagine how disappointed i was then. :(
aw.. swaddling towel you mean? or just any kind of towel?

chewnlow

aw.. swaddling towel you mean? or just any kind of towel?
well, we didnt expect them to provide a swaddling towel. we expected just the normal type of towel that KK uses on babies. nothing too much right? yet, the answer was a nonchalant "we dont't provide".

anyway, the conclusion my hubby and i have is: the quality of KK delivery suite is excellent. For the ward area, just dont't have high expectations, and you'd be alright. For us, we paid for A1 ward and premier package so we had pretty high expectations of the ward area before we got admitted. that's why.

Pamper

there's a "swaddling towel" (pink for girl, blue for boy) provided when the baby is staying at the hospital. but they don give it to you. luckily my mother-in-law told me beforehand about it so we were prepared.

but what i did was.. on the day of discharge, i kept the pink towel while changing my princess to her own swaddling towel. So that I could keep it as souvenir. heeheehee..

Last edited:

shiyi

there's a "swaddling towel" (pink for girl, blue for boy) provided when the baby is staying at the hospital. but they dont give it to you. luckily my mother-in-law told me beforehand about it so we were prepared.

but what i did was.. on the day of discharge, i kept the pink towel while changing my princess to her own swaddling towel. So that I could keep it as souvenir. heeheehee..

oiooooh u steal =X hahahhhahha