What to start doing or preparing in first trimester?

mama_aki

Hi all MTBs,

Not sure if I should be posting here or maybe I should post under the General discussion thread..

I would like to know:
- when do you all start applying stretchmark prevention cream/ body lotion?
- do you all change the brand of skincare products you use?
- Any recommendations for the above?

Also, when should we start looking out & booking our confinement lady, as well as start joining an antenatal class?

THANKS!! FTMTB here so lots to learn =):wong19:

body lotion/cream can apply anytime although stretch marks - they are in the genes. you either get them or you don't. not very much you can do about them, unfortunately.

antenatal class can start in 2nd tri

confinement lady - i DIYed with a bit of help from my mom for the first baby so can't advise on that. but i suppose no harm booking early

meantime, first tri is when you should get a lot of rest! :)

Porukadotzu

yes, agree that first tri you have to get alot of rest...avoid stress as far as possible...:001_302:

since you still dunno boy or girl so not advised to purchase baby items unless you're kanchiong then can get those neutral color clothings hehe

can start to lookout for good bargain for baby bed/stroller/carrier

someother ppl join antenatal class on 2nd tri or 3rd tri, depends.
myself i dun join any class, just read alot of pregnancy books and practice at home myself :tlaugh:

I dun hv stretchmark (so lucky me!), but i do apply avent cream coz my tummy n boobs felt so itchy from the skin stretches.

for skincare still using the same products as b4 pregnant too.

for confinement lady, if your family can't help you after delivery then it's a must to find someone during your confinement. coz you surely exhausted and need rest. I heard you need to be very selective in choosing confinement lady... you can surf this forum to get some input.

hv a happy pregnancy to you!:Dancing_wub:

lekdao

Hi all MTBs,

Not sure if I should be posting here or maybe I should post under the General discussion thread..

I would like to know:
- when do you all start applying stretchmark prevention cream/ body lotion?
Start applied when comfirmed I'm pregnant.

- do you all change the brand of skincare products you use?
Never change, continue using the same products.
Change unless hormone chages, and coz some skin problem.

- Any recommendations for the above?

Also, when should we start looking out & booking our confinement lady, as well as start joining an antenatal class?
Good to start looking out and book as early as possible. Coze goods confinement lady always taken up fast.

THANKS!! FTMTB here so lots to learn =):wong19:
Please see my reply in blue.

Hi,

1) applied when found tat i'm pregnant, but still got stretch mark after delivery, maybe apply too few, ha..

2) ya, never attend any classes but read books/ search info online.

3) look for nanny at 3rd trimester.. but is not easy to find.. so mayb can try to find as earlier as u can.. but got lot ppl ask me y start to look for nanny so early.. -_-""

is better to ask the ppl u know and get them to introduce... search online is the last choice (we moved to new house after I preg, don know any ppl around that area so no choice have to search online, the nanny ok la, but quite young so not really got experience).

try to get nanny near to ur house and for me, I don wan nanny from China :p

remember to take folic acid, can start take calcium as well if u wan..

diymummy

1) Apply when you find out you're preg. I used Palmer's Cocoa Butter.

2) I didn't change my skincare product. I'm using Biotherm.

3) I didn't book confinement nanny and I didn't go for antenatal classes.

You can log on to www.babycenter.com.sg and sign yourself up as a member and they will send you weekly emails on your baby's development as well as what you should look out for during your pregnancy.

Get lots of rest, eat healthily, keep yourself hydrated and take your supplements.

sunburst

Start applying stretchmark creams once you know u r expecting!

No need to change ur facial products unless there are substances tt may affect bb. Forgot a few of the chemicals, but you can easily google it.

For good confinement lady, you have to book them in advance. Don't forget to book the Malay massage lady too.

babyturtle

curious to know. what if my job's environment causes alot of stress ?? like you get angry ect. will it harm my baby ??

curious to know. what if my job's environment causes alot of stress ?? like you get angry ect. will it harm my baby ??
I also quite pressure and keep angry with my manager when pregnant, ha.. I think wont affect ur baby much.. but you can try to control ur emotion and keep happy mood as far as you can.. think of ur baby and for sure u can make it..

try to watch more comedy show like "Just for Laugh" etc. Your baby will keep smiling when ppl call her in future, this is my cousin teach me one, she has a smiling baby.

babyturtle

I also quite pressure and keep angry with my manager when pregnant, ha.. I think wont affect your baby much.. but you can try to control your emotion and keep happy mood as far as you can.. think of your baby and for sure you can make it..

try to watch more comedy show like "Just for Laugh" etc. Your baby will keep smiling when ppl call her in future, this is my cousin teach me one, she has a smiling baby.
what do u mean ?? if I keep my mood happy I'll have a smiling baby ?? :)
quite difficult to keep my emotions under wraps as I work at a childcare centre & the kids drive u mad sometimes heh. initially when I found out I was preggy my mood swings were like a roller coaster. but it's much
better now as I have better ctrl. but it's still difficult !! :(

what do you mean ?? if I keep my mood happy I'll have a smiling baby ?? :)
quite difficult to keep my emotions under wraps as I work at a childcare centre & the kids drive you mad sometimes heh. initially when I found out I was preggy my mood swings were like a roller coaster. but it's much
better now as I have better ctrl. but it's still difficult !! :(
Erm, my cousin told me she has smiling baby cox always keep mood happy n watch more comedy show wor... I did watch some comedy show but not always in happy mood also, but I will try to control la... my baby 2mths old now.. so far always see she is smiling la.. my mum said my gal will be smiling baby wor.. but don know yet i think, she is still too young :p

hmm, if like tat, might crazy cox is hard to handle other ppl kids... or try to imagine wat if they are ur kids and put at child care? u oso wish those teacher to be good to ur kid too right, then mayb u'll give them more love and tis might make u change ur mood by thinking so? :p

babyturtle

Erm, my cousin told me she has smiling baby cox always keep mood happy n watch more comedy show ... I did watch some comedy show but not always in happy mood also, but I will try to control ... my baby 2mths old now.. so far always see she is smiling .. my mum said my gal will be smiling baby .. but dont know yet i think, she is still too young :p

hmm, if like that, might crazy cox is hard to handle other ppl kids... or try to imagine what if they are your kids and put at child care? you also wish those teacher to be good to your kid too right, then mayb you'll give them more love and tis might make you change your mood by thinking so? :p
hahaha of course. but don't get me wrong. not that I don't like kids or else I won't be in this line. :) kids will be kids and naturally u wud get angry with them when they misbehave. it's normal. I treat them like how I wud treat my own kids. just that I wanted to find out if all the emotional outbursts wud be harmful to my baby. I don't find the job environment a very suitable one when one is preggy. :err:

jenjenwongws

I also quite pressure and keep angry with my manager when pregnant, ha.. I think wont affect your baby much.. but you can try to control your emotion and keep happy mood as far as you can.. think of your baby and for sure you can make it..

I am facing the same thing. Even though I told myself not to over-work and get stress up, I will just rush myself and stress up inevitably, but I will maintain a positive thinking.

Will be doing a huge project in this 2 months, and happen to be my 1st trimester, I need to constantly remind myself not to push myself too hard, cos most imptly, is still the baby!

I guess is impt to take a step back at times and maintain a cheerful disposition, no wonder how dire or stressful the situation is. I will try, and hope all of you working mother-to-be out there will too!