What to wear for swimming for pregnant mummies??

bbaloysius

Hi Mummies,

I'm in my 21st wk and was thinking of going swimming to exercise. But wat do u all usually wear? Normal whole piece swim wear?? Or where can i buy swim wear for pregnant mummies?

Amulet

I simply wear my bikini since it's unrestrictive on the tummy and no one can say u looks fat coz u are pregnant..

milkshake

i was gonna ask the same question too! think its time i get some workout and with my back so sore these days, i think swimming's a great choice

i do remember some shop selling pregnancy swimsuit tho but i think bikinis are probably better

bbaloysius

Ya, I was also tinking of doing some exercise thus has signed up for an aqua pregnancy lesson starting in jan. Though I didnt do any when having my boy ;p
Anyway I just bought a tankini swimsuit frm Mothercare. At least can stil wear after giving birth. Kill me but don ask me wear bikini haha :001_302:

ast0212

I was thinking the same thing too!! I've never worn a bikini without anything over it (too shy!) so was wondering what to wear if I'm going swimming. Maybe bikini with a maternity top and boardies if they still fit...

Also thinking whether to wear bikini top for waterbirth or just bra...or nothing :err:

jewel885

Hi Mummies,

I'm in my 21st wk and was thinking of going swimming to exercise. But what do you all usually wear? Normal whole piece swim wear?? Or where can i buy swim wear for pregnant mummies?
hihi.. i bought swimsuit for preggy at far east shopping ctr in orchard.. cost about $40.. my pre pregnancy size is S but I bought L for my preggy swimsuit size.. i dont think wearing bikini is good cos as you goes later in pregnancy.. you will want to cover your big big tummy......

i have attached a pic of myself with the preggy swimsuit i bought when i was 5 mths preggy..

preggy swimsuit.jpg

=)

Attachments

Last edited:

carolinaw

I bought swimsuits from onlineshop. You google and will find more. There are many swimsuits special for pregnant lady. choose a proper one for yourself, hun

mei2009

hihi.. i bought swimsuit for preggy at far east shopping ctr in orchard.. cost about $40.. my pre pregnancy size is S but I bought L for my preggy swimsuit size.. i dont think wearing bikini is good cos as you goes later in pregnancy.. you will want to cover your big big tummy......

i have attached a pic of myself with the preggy swimsuit i bought when i was 5 mths preggy..

View attachment 69054

=)
This looks nicer than expected! I was thinking of "showing off" my big belly later in a bikini but if maternity swimsuit can be pretty.... Is it snug around the belly? Comfortable? Can one size fit the entire pregnancy?

jewel885

This looks nicer than expected! I was thinking of "showing off" my big belly later in a bikini but if maternity swimsuit can be pretty.... Is it snug around the belly? Comfortable? Can one size fit the entire pregnancy?

It is very comfy!

L size fits till now! & yea.. You can look nice when preggy also!
Im in week 39 now.. Tummy waistline 42.. My pre pregnancy size is S. :D