What will u do if u were molested by yr colleague??

Hi all,

Recently, I was being molested by my colleague fm a diff departmt. As i'm new to this co, I dare not bring up the issue to my close colleague within my departmt. When I 1st came in, he volunteered to help me "set up" my PC. (He is an IT programmer). Fm then on, even if my PC doesn't encounter any prob, he will still come very often to "repair" it n gives me "excuses" that my pc needs servicing etc. My female colleague has been hinting me that he has been trying to get close to me. But i'm already married..n i hv been keeping a low profile in my co, so perhaps not many of them kw I'm married n maybe becoz i'm petite, people thought that i'm still a fresh grad. As time goes by, i realized he is very chatty n helpful to all colleagues, not only me, so i did not take any precautions against him. Then one day, when i was on my way bk hme, I realized he had been following me cos i knew he is not staying in my area. He started to chit chat with me n he claimed that he was going to visit a frd. Later, i had a feeling somethg was not rgt so I purposely walked a big round in case he was trying to kw my address. I began to enter a lift which was not my blk hoping that he would walk off.( there is a cctv at the lift area)But unfortunately, he came in with me n hugged me tightly on my waist n touch my buttock and kept asking" What is yr size of waist? it is so small..." I'm so shocked n scared n i tried to struggle but he still hold me tightly until i screamed loudly, he got no choice n let go. The door lift finally opened n he went off, leaving me behind in the lift. I was very furious over this issue n keep brooding over it..
I did not dare tell my colleagues in case they started to gossip until news spread to other departmt. I wish to keep a low profile as i wanted to concentrate in my work but somehw i feel that i'm greatly affected by his actions esp he is still in my co!!
I dare not even let my hubby kw abt it as i'm afraid he will ask me to lodge a police report. I feel really confuse n frustrated.. anyone can advise me???

Last edited:

apollo

I feel that u shd let ur hub noe and even make a police report. cos ur are wking under the same coy, if u choose to do nth, he will think that u are okay with him doing those sickening act. what if one day sth really happens?? no one can guarantee, since he is alrdy so daring to follow u hm and molest u.

I feel that u shd let ur hub noe and even make a police report. cos ur are wking under the same coy, if u choose to do nth, he will think that u are okay with him doing those sickening act. what if one day sth really happens?? no one can guarantee, since he is alrdy so daring to follow u hm and molest u.
I ever thought of making a police report, but the thought of blowing up the matter holds me bk, I need to go to court which i fear n what will people think of me? ( I mean I will feel very shy to face my colleagues in future) I hv been giving him a "black face" ever since that incident and do not even want to talk to him or seek any future assistance regarding IT prob. But somehw I feel "unbalance" if i choose to give up as I kw he had committed a crime and that he can be easily sued of his sickening act. I am in a dilemma...My mind goes wild n sometimes I even think of resigning though i kw its not worth sacrificing myself becos of this "pervert"!

Last edited:
I think you should let your hubby know about it, both of you discuss what to do N make a police report too, as he had committed a crime by molesting you, does anybody in the office know about this N have you ever tell your boss.
I hv not reveal a single word to my colleague yet, not even my boss. As i m not sure if anyone can be trusted..as in keeping secrets..ai..but i can sense that they are aware somethg wrong with me as I have requested for another IT programmer to service me.

is better to talk your hubby this matters, both of you can discuss whats the best action to take, if no choice, a police report had to make too no matter what happens later between you N that guy ..........
Yup.. i guess most ladies will choose to let the police handle the case. Now then i realize its easier to say than to take action. As a victim, there are a lot of underlying issues to consider...

gumbokins

dear, you didn't do anything wrong. he committed a crime, not you. please make a report. I'm sure your hubby will stand by you. maybe you're not the first one in the coy to kena, and if you do nothing, you might not be the last one.

be strong and have courage.

Ting

yes u shld definately inform your husb and make a police report. who knows how many girls have he targetted? he was the one who did something wrong, and not u, why shld u be ashame of yourself? its not like u have something going on with him. he followed u HOME, dont u know how dangerous it is alr? god knows what he might do next. if u dont report him, there will be much more other victims after you. or he might start to harass u again becos he KNOWS u r afraid of reporting him. there is no point in avoiding him, bcos, u mind it alot and it is alr affecting u very badly. if u continue to keep mum abt it, it will affect you worst and u might jst get into depression.
there is a CCTV at ur life area which most prob caught him on it, so u hv a case to fight. dont be afraid to stand up for yourself.

ryanchew

Yes, please tell your hubby about it, and then decide what to do. Even if you both decided not to make a police report, your hubby can fetch you in future when you are going home late. Like what Ting says, who knows what he might do next.

Hi all,
Thks for all yr advises, I appreciate it very much! Im aware of the dangerous situation that im in rgt nw and hv been suffering fm insomnia recently.. i hv decided to bring up the case to the police.
I do not wish the next victim to suffer like me n i do not wish to live with regrets!

May god bless me!

Gem2505

when i was on my maternity leave, a temp staff ( a young guy ) came to take over my job scope. just before im back to work, he was arrested at my coy as he went to touched a lady bottom while walking up the stairs.
althou CCTV didnt capture it, the police still managed to make that person admit.
the temp staff, went to the police station. but was released on bail after that. waiting for court hearing.

i would recommend u to report police else the colleague of your might be more bold and do even DARING actions towards you and u might regret for the rest of your life. if u dont do anything about it, dont regret. be strong.

MomoMummy

Jiayou!! For me Rather than everyday keep thinking, better to get over and done with lo. Least it will be settled one day. I will keep quiet n bit other colleagues know. Onli the boss. Hope the boss dun spread though. Hee

Coly

I really think you shld let your hubby knows. Probably you shld also consider leaving the company.

Activate your hp in video mode.
When he closes in to you, it should record the evidence that you need.
Then report to police.
If you take it silently... it will happen 2nd, 3rd , 4th ....... N times.. until one day youwill be rape by him.
Your choice.

Hi all,

Recently, I was being molested by my colleague fm a diff departmt. As i'm new to this co, I dare not bring up the issue to my close colleague within my departmt. When I 1st came in, he volunteered to help me "set up" my PC. (He is an IT programmer). Fm then on, even if my PC doesn't encounter any prob, he will still come very often to "repair" it n gives me "excuses" that my pc needs servicing etc. My female colleague has been hinting me that he has been trying to get close to me. But i'm already married..n i hv been keeping a low profile in my co, so perhaps not many of them kw I'm married n maybe becoz i'm petite, people thought that i'm still a fresh grad. As time goes by, i realized he is very chatty n helpful to all colleagues, not only me, so i did not take any precautions against him. Then one day, when i was on my way bk hme, I realized he had been following me cos i knew he is not staying in my area. He started to chit chat with me n he claimed that he was going to visit a frd. Later, i had a feeling somethg was not rgt so I purposely walked a big round in case he was trying to kw my address. I began to enter a lift which was not my blk hoping that he would walk off.( there is a cctv at the lift area)But unfortunately, he came in with me n hugged me tightly on my waist n touch my buttock and kept asking" What is yr size of waist? it is so small..." I'm so shocked n scared n i tried to struggle but he still hold me tightly until i screamed loudly, he got no choice n let go. The door lift finally opened n he went off, leaving me behind in the lift. I was very furious over this issue n keep brooding over it..
I did not dare tell my colleagues in case they started to gossip until news spread to other departmt. I wish to keep a low profile as i wanted to concentrate in my work but somehw i feel that i'm greatly affected by his actions esp he is still in my co!!
I dare not even let my hubby kw abt it as i'm afraid he will ask me to lodge a police report. I feel really confuse n frustrated.. anyone can advise me???

jean85

Activate your hp in video mode.
When he closes in to you, it should record the evidence that you need.
Then report to police.
If you take it silently... it will happen 2nd, 3rd , 4th ....... N times.. until one day youwill be rape by him.
Your choice.
There is no reason to be scared of this guy. You give an inch and he will take a yard. Please let your hubby know about this and discuss how to find evidence to trap this guy. He might do this to you and many other innocent woman.