What will you do about it?

justmint

This morning while on the way to work in the MRT train, I came across a father bringing his 2 daughter to Clementi. Maybe to their caregiver or day care center?

One seems like 2yrs plus & the other maybe 8mths old cos I saw tiny teeths...

Anyway the elder sis was very nice, once a while she'll entertain bb sis with nursery songs.

Somehow along the way, bb sis becomes grouchy..maybe becos of the long ride & the crowd? Anyway, the father did not do much, he just pass the bb his HP & let her play..but she doesnt want it. Then he pass her his cash card, she also push it away. elder sis wants to sing to bb sis, but dad pushes her away & tell her not to irritate bb sis.

Crying baby sis reached out her hands & wanted daddy to carry, but daddy didn't do anything at all. Just ask her to shh..then cover the bb using the stroller's cap/shelter. I think the dad did that to soften the bb cry. bb cry even louder instead. elder sis told her dad "Don't do that, shes afraid of it". Then daddy lift it back up. Now bb want's daddy to carry again, but he didn't.

When I see this, i heart ache out to the baby...All she wants was a hug & some thing nice from daddy but daddy did nothing to calm bb down & sis can't do anything about it...

Luckily they alight at the next stop.
Hope someone did give her a good cuddle & love.

Calling out father & mummies..what do you usually do when your baby is grouchy from this long ride?

weishy

i would carry my DD....if everything else fails la.maybe the father out alone also stress abit.but possible.....he doesnt know wat his bb wats cso he's not the person attending to her daily.....alot of man also like that ma........bb comes out and dun care looooooo.

so when my DH comes back from work,after he shower....my care for me DD is passed to him till the next morning.hohoohhoohoh u tired i also tired mah.....u work can go eat lunch,i at home sometimes no time for lunch also.......and thats the time for daddy and daughter time mah to me.....

LoVeS

If i am in tt daddy's position i will carry my bb as too much crying can b irritating to others as well or if the elder sis wanna help calm the bb i will let the elder go ahead as long as can calm the bb. I dun see why the daddy need to push the elder sis away when he can tell her nicely. I feel he is nt been a gd daddy.

justmint

I also feel that the daddy doesnt like to be seen with his children like that...not friendly towards them at all. Very distant towards them...

Even his daughter herself also dislike his father action but don't dare to offend him.

From the way this dad respone to his elder daughter I feel that this dad is very firece...those no warning then just whack the child type de.

So scary....
Hope I don't bump to them anymore.
I don't like to see the way he treat his children & can't do anything.

simplyjo

So sweet of the elder sister to entertain the bb sis, parents should encourage such interaction as it helps siblings to bond from young & bring them closer...

A lot of men get irritated easily and take actions which they think will silenced the children cryings immediately. This is especially when they are in the public as they find it weird to cuddle their babies and whisper their love to the babies, just like mummies do when our children cry. Hmmm... just try to picture that.... how many time do we see daddy cuddle their children like that in public?

Well, of course not all daddies are like that... so kudos to daddies who do not hesitate to cuddle & shower their love to their kids, regardless where they are!

tamarind

Some people think that babies should not be carried. My sister-in-law's ang moh hubby forbids her to carry the baby when he is crying. It is their so call "discipline".

But I feel that it is natural for babies to want to be hugged and carried. They feel comfortable this way. Babies grow up very quickly. By the time my kids are 2 years old, they do not want to be carried.

zara

Poor little baby...But I guess it's not easy for the father too. If I were the father,I will alight to the next station n calm my baby. Doesn't matter if I were late to the childcare or care giver. :wink:

Mrs Xie

Hmm... most daddies (but not all) tend to have less patience with kids.... and some even feel embarrass when their kids are making a fuss in the public. Some don't really knows how to handle a kid's emotion. Therefore from my point of view, is forgiven and understandable. :tlaugh:

shopaholic

Not all daddies are affectionate towards their children, what's more in public. In fact, I find him pretty brave to travel alone with 2 young kids. Given me, I would choose to take cab instead. :p Anyway, he's probably stressed up with a crying baby and maybe felt embarrassed when other commuters were looking at them.

I think the reason why daddy didnt carry the baby was becos they're alighting at the next stop. If he carries her, he would hv to put her back in the stroller b4 alighting, otherwise, it's carrying a baby, trying to hold the hand of the 2yo and pushing the stroller out of the train at the same time.

I would not think anything less of him. It's probably his first time travelling alone with the kids and was at a loss how to react to situations.

Celina

Of cos i wil carry My son, but men r men.
Mommies r diff compared to daddies..
Its not easy for a man to handle 2 kids.

Who knows if it turns out to b a boy instead of a gal, maybe he wil carry?

doristan

I oso feel dat the daddy's bond with his 2 daughters is not strong enough, maybe he did not put in effort at all. My hubby is quite an impatient guy, but when my dd cry and being grouchy, he will try ways n means to coax her. N moreover, dat poor baby just expect her daddy to carry her. Is it reali dat difficult?? Usually in this kind of situation, babies will stop wailing when u carry them n walk around. (Unless they are simply too hungry) :p

some daddies find it hard & difficult just to carry their kids.
seriously, what's so difficult?!
:nah:

afterall, they're ur own kids.