whats there to do at KL?

Any places to go besides shopping in KL? seems like there is nothing much to do except shopping, dun think hubby will be entertained. haha.

CanCanMum

Shopping is the main activity lahhhh

besides tat u might want to travel up to Ampang, about 30mins drive from KL central to try the famous Ampang Yong Tau Foo

there are many so called Ampang Yong Tau Foo but not all are as authentic haha~~~if interested i post it after my trip next thursday....

EnFlor

actually loads of activities. Go to the tourism offices and those people can give u some input.

- Sunway Lagoon for a dive
- Petronas Tower (but gotta Q for the pass)
- Mines Wonderland Shopping Mall (hop onto a great boat tour there)
- Petaling Street (bargains at pasar malam)
- Book a spa session
- Menara KL / KL Tower
- Drive around PutraJaya (amazing buildings and scenic views)
- etc

AND eat eat eat!

thepinkdot

ampang yong tau fu~ makes me miss my hometown~ LOL!

usually we go kl just to eat.. nothing much to do.. shopping is about the same as sg.

cancanmum, u going to kl on next week? :) Yea do share your itinerary when u come back. Is driving there complicated and dangerous? Coz it is quite scary in JB and we dont really dare to drive there. haha.

Enflor, what kinda boat tours they have at Mines wonderland?

Yea i guess everything is the same as sg.. but its cheaper to eat there. :)

thepinkdot

cancanmum, you going to kl on next week? :) Yea do share your itinerary when you come back. Is driving there complicated and dangerous? Coz it is quite scary in JB and we dont really dare to drive there. haha.

driving is quite complicated esp in kl city itself coz you might not be familiar with the road names in malay.. even the expressway is in malay even though you know it as North-South Highway but in malay, its USJ..

if you've not been there for quite a while, and do own an iphone, go get a m'sia prepaid card with plan, use the GPS system..

however, a few safety tips..
- park your car in a bright area
- in rome do what the romans do, if you have to park head in, park head in..
- if you're stopped by a traffic cop, do not openly give kopi money, do it discreetly
- if anyone (other than a cop) gestures you to wind down your window, do not do so..

hope this helps.. if you need to know where to eat, one of the more okay rest. in city is Mdm Kwan's Rest. if you need more info on eating, you're welcome to pm me.. but it also depends on how adventurous you are..

Last edited:

EnFlor

cancanmum, you going to kl on next week? :) Yea do share your itinerary when you come back. Is driving there complicated and dangerous? Coz it is quite scary in JB and we dont really dare to drive there. haha.

Just outside the huge mall, there is this enormous lake. The paid boat ride with a capacity for about 10 pple is an extremely calm ride (on good weather day) and you can see panoramic view of green golf course, some luxury holiday villas, Palace of the Golden Horses Hotel, birds and fishes. Nice ride to rest your aching feet esp after you have surveyed around the big mall.

EnFlor

When u are in the heart of KL city and wish to travel to destinations within close proximity, best is to just ride on train to get from one point to another. The train system is unlike SG. A little hassle i must say coz they are two different train operators. So u really need to read the station stops board carefully before boarding or alighting.

Not ideal to flag a cab coz the roads in the heart of KL city are proned to jams. And if u want to hop on to a cab, check that the metre works first.

Mummy to Baby V

I relocated to KL with hubby. Restaurant food is definitely cheaper compared to Singapore. Putrajaya is about 30 min drive from town, there's a new expressway that brings you there real fast. The architecture and cleanliness is awesome, something you won't expect from Malaysia. It's very easy to get lost inside, so a GPS would be helpful.

Go to more reputable malls so that your car & your family is safe.
Avoid walking by the roadside with handbag or carrying baby. Motorcycle robbery is still common here.

Happy holidays! :)

Cheers,
Mummy to BabyV
Win a Modern Cloth Diaper worth $30 at Mummy's Reviews Giveaway

CanCanMum

Hubbie is from Ampang :p (so i can only offer detailed activities there ahaha, like which shop sells authentic yongtaufoo etc haha) To be frank, its a different sight when u stayed there, the sub-rural area they called. The market place, the temple, their living conditions, its very extreme. U can find a nicely renovated condo beside a slump area......:p

hehehe

funny enuff we seldom go town area whenever we are there...coz the traffic condition is really bad....can take up to 1 hour sometimes to reach KL city.

thepinkdot

Hubbie is from Ampang :p (so i can only offer detailed activities there ahaha, like which shop sells authentic yongtaufoo etc haha) To be frank, its a different sight when you stayed there, the sub-rural area they called. The market place, the temple, their living conditions, its very extreme. you can find a nicely renovated condo beside a slump area......:p

hehehe

funny enuff we seldom go town area whenever we are there...coz the traffic condition is really bad....can take up to 1 hour sometimes to reach KL city.
:Dancing_wub:yeah.. ampang is very different.. it hasn't changed much all the yrs i've been there (at least not as drastic as singapore).. i'm also from ampang.. XD and i miss ampang yong tau fu!

CanCanMum

:Dancing_wub:yeah.. ampang is very different.. it hasn't changed much all the yrs i've been there (at least not as drastic as singapore).. i'm also from ampang.. XD and i miss ampang yong tau fu!
haha.....where do u stay??? Hubbie stays jalan cahaya~~

noughrg

Alpha Male
There are really great spas available. Definitely more relaxing than shopping, from a guy's point of view...