what's your effective method of pacifying your baby?

hi mummies,

my 2 mth old darling daughter is a 'chilli padi' and whenever she wakes up for feed, she will cry out really loud and sometimes even after feeds (after burping, diaper change etc), she will still continue to cry until she is tired and falls asleep!!!

we try not to rock her too much and will pacify her by letting her head rest on our shoulder (as even cradle hug is uneffective at times). do you encounter such situation when you just can't seem to pacify or satisfy the little one?

woofy55

yup yup.. it happened to my 3wks old boy as well... esp so at night... after burping.. he is more awake then usual... :( sometimes after feed he looked so drunk.. and i just wish to put him to cot and sleep without burping... but i scare he vomit.. so die also must burp... but burp already nitemare begins... haiz..

yeah.. i also would like to hear how mummies pacify your little ones.. zzz

somenifty

For me, I discovered that using my Carry-B baby carrier works. At first, my husband didn't believe me... until one day our baby was having very bad colic and most of the usual pacifying methods (hand carry, sing lullaby, etc) did not work. My daughter was screaming, crying and arching her back. It was very stressful. So I suggested using the Carry-B and my husband was amazed how quickly the baby stopped crying when i put her in it. When she is in the Carry-B, I would just step from side to side or gently sway my hips to rock her to sleep. Somehow she is comforted by the security, I guess. And the best part is that even if I put her in the baby carrier after feeding, she didn't vomit because she is in an upright position.

camom

Carry and soothe/sing lullaby, works for my kids when they were below 1yo.

Now, we use the distracting method for the toddler. If he is throwing a tantrum bcos of something, we distract him from his screams and unhappiness by showing him something else he usually likes, say a bird flying or standing on the ground, a dog/cat walking or lying down. Bring him away from the scene quickly.

diymummy

My baby was also a "chilli padi" when he wakes up at 2 mths. He got better at 3 mths when he was a little fatter and food can last him slightly longer.

Below 3 mths, nothing can pacify him other than feeding him either by bottle or breast.

Now, the best way to pacify him is to carry him or distract him.