When can I feel my baby...?

pepperphibs

I also felt it only in my 20th week.

Initially, i got a bit worried how come baby not kicking, then when it started, he kept me up during the night!

Mybaby is nocturnal! lol!

Mrs Han

Hi all,

I started to feel bb kick when I was in my 18th wk... now in my 23rd wk, I'm beginning to SEE the 'bopping' when I lie on my back at nite! Not so obvious but if bb kicks hard enough, can see instead of just feeling it only! So exciting...

btw, anyone knows if bb also farts? sometimes i'll feel this 'release/ burst of air' inside my tummy but it's not the same feeling as bb kicking. But now also beginning to wonder if it's bb doing somersaults?? Anybody has explanations to this wierd feeling??

joopjoop

I can feel my bb's movement ard 18 weeks. At first, i'm also not too sure if it's the bb movement, but it became more frequent as the days goes by. To me it feels like using ur finger to poke at ur self....hahaha

But once u start to feel the bb movement, do remember to mointor it everyday. ^^

apollo

Hi all,

I started to feel baby kick when I was in my 18th wk... now in my 23rd wk, I'm beginning to SEE the 'bopping' when I lie on my back at nite! Not so obvious but if baby kicks hard enough, can see instead of just feeling it only! So exciting...

btw, anyone knows if baby also farts? sometimes i'll feel this 'release/ burst of air' inside my tummy but it's not the same feeling as baby kicking. But now also beginning to wonder if it's baby doing somersaults?? Anybody has explanations to this wierd feeling??
izzit got sound? i also leh... i joked with my hubby dunno izzit bb farted but he said must be my gastric not good.. haha!

woofy55

the butterflies or fluttering feeling... anyone feel it also at the chest area??? I've been feeling that since ytd and i'm now in my 15th wk. Not sure what's that.. is it baby's movement? hee

bellerichez

I felt my baby the moment i reach 18week. The feeling is great =) Normally baby will only be more active in the middle of the night.

shiseru

I'm so envious. I really look forward to the day when i can feel my baby's movement but this is my first pregnancy so I guess it takes some time for me to recognise the movement :001_302:

sufeit0115

I'm so envious. I really look forward to the day when i can feel my baby's movement but this is my first pregnancy so I guess it takes some time for me to recognise the movement :001_302:
Very soon you will feel the bubbles feeling in your abdomen....I had my first feel of baby's movement since yest evening, the feeling is very amazing & reassuring!!

Last edited:

adelynn

ya i agree with sufeit0112

but different people describe it differently.
like what i told sufeit, its like bubbles in the stomach, others mistake it during the early parts as being hungry (another blunder i make :D ), some call it butterflies in the stomach.

it takes awhile but once u experience it ull know it everytime :D

Stan

Very soon you will feel the bubbles feeling in your abdomen....I had my first feel of baby's movement since yest evening, the feeling is very amazing & reassuring!!
hey... u are lucky! to feel it at 16th weeks plus!
i only confirm feel it ard 20 weeks.... keep thinking is gas... haha
But yes... it is bubbles kinda of feeling... :tlaugh:

redjn

the butterflies or fluttering feeling... anyone feel it also at the chest area??? I've been feeling that since ytd and i'm now in my 15th wk. Not sure what's that.. is it baby's movement? hee
No such to chest area, do u feel other discomfort after that? I advise is u call up yr gynae to ask if it is normal.

I felt my BB when I was in my 16 - 18 wks, when it reach 29 wks I can see the hand & leg movement whenever he do a great move. It's a very amazing sight. Wait till u feel yr BB kick & box u, u can c yr stomach boxing figure. My boy always action his movement to me only whenever his daddy home his will not do it as if he does not want to show his dad the action... :tlaugh:

Ting

i felt gentle movements arnd 4-5 mths. then gradually my baby was fighting with herself inside! haha.
but i hv to agree, its an amazing feeling.
the thought of having a living thing in you, tt's a really special feeling, esp when sometimes your baby responds to it.
i missed it actually.:)

redjn

there is a part I like the most is when I try to make my baby choose his own name during my 28 wks. Give him 3 choices of my favour when I read the one that he likes (his named now), he start kicking me and best part is that's my most prefer name. you may like to try it out when your time comes c if your baby has any objection to your choices.

Last edited:

izanyzam

Im actually feeling fluttering in my lower abdomen...Just now i felt a like a HUGE bubble pop in my left lower abdomen..Couldnt be gas and i couldnt be hungry..So hopefully,god willing...Im actually feeling my baby moving..:wong19:

shiseru

Wow izanysam, I am happy for you, must be a great feeling. I so look forward to experience that soon!

I didnt feel any fluttering but sometimes i feel a sudden tightening of my tummy, (feels like it gets a little heavier on the left or right side of the tummy) and that makes me wonder if the baby is stretching his/her body :001_302:

Stan

Im actually feeling fluttering in my lower abdomen...Just now i felt a like a HUGE bubble pop in my left lower abdomen..Couldnt be gas and i couldnt be hungry..So hopefully,god willing...Im actually feeling my baby moving..:wong19:
I think you just feel your baby moving!! Congrats!

i feel this fluttery movements that is quite ticklish on my right lower abdomen a few times last night and i have to rub my tummy to ease the ticklish feeling. could this be the baby moving? i don't remember air or gas bubbles being ticklish.

fioncess

i feel this fluttery movements that is quite ticklish on my right lower abdomen a few times last night and i have to rub my tummy to ease the ticklish feeling. could this be the baby moving? i dont't remember air or gas bubbles being ticklish.
i think tts ur baby moving... =)

hueychye79

i feel this fluttery movements that is quite ticklish on my right lower abdomen a few times last night and i have to rub my tummy to ease the ticklish feeling. could this be the baby moving? i dont't remember air or gas bubbles being ticklish.
I start to feel my baby movement when I am about 18-20 weeks. :001_302:

Is like you use your finger to poke your stomach. :tlaugh:

it didn't feel like baby kicking/punching, feel more like baby rubbing the fist or leg against me, so it felt ticklish?? or is it too early to feel it therefore just my imagination?