When can see baby's heartbeat?

Girafee

hi, dear all,

I am a new mummy, just confirmed by gynae today that i am pregnant with 5 weeks. But still can't see baby's heartbeat, is this normal? My doctor at NUH said it is normal, he did not expect to see heartbeat for a 5 weeks old foetus, he asked me go back to see him in another 2 weeks.

Any advice for me? I am 48 kgs, am i too skinny? i try to eat more, drink more milk, hope it helps to make the foetus grows bigger.

veronica

hi, dear all,

I am a new mummy, just confirmed by gynae today that i am pregnant with 5 weeks. But still can't see baby's heartbeat, is this normal? My doctor at NUH said it is normal, he did not expect to see heartbeat for a 5 weeks old foetus, he asked me go back to see him in another 2 weeks.

Any advice for me? I am 48 kgs, am i too skinny? i try to eat more, drink more milk, hope it helps to make the foetus grows bigger.
Yes its normal not able to detect baby's heartbeat at 5 weeks. As long as you have no heavy spotting, you should be ok.

Congrats. Don't worry about your weight now. You will put on soon :)

Take care and try not to think too much and get yourself worried.

January84

Welcome here. . .

To see and hear heartbeat would be at 8 weeks.congrats to you!

the first 3 months will not have a massive change in weight, so don need to worry, as long as you have enuff nutrients for both you and your BB, all will be fine.

Pwiincess

Drink milk but not HL or those packet milk. Best is you buy those ENFAMUM etc. Congrats to ur pregnancy. =)

Hi Mummy!
Congrates to u!!
Yea week 5 cant see heart beat yet. u and i same situation. 5 weeks ago i went to my gynae n see no heart beat. then she also ask me go back 2 weeks later and then baby heart beat was seen!!!
Dont worry abt ur weight. my 1st bb i was so much worst weighin 41 kg when i was 8 week pregnant n i was severely underweight as my height is 165. now 2nd pregnancy abit better, week 7 i weigh 44kg! hee. so no worries abt ur weight. both bb n mummy will be healthy =D
Cheers!