when can u bring bb out?

msck

Hi all mummies,

Can anyone share when do u bring bb out to church, shopping centres etc? I dun mean downstairs, 15 min walk kind...

My bb always get scares or startled for at least 2 days after bringing her to church n shopping centre for lunch.. She's week 7. Mom said she's a super timid girl...

Alisa

I bring my son out after his 1st mth. not everyday but everyweek end to my father hse. maybe yr gal is not used to loud music or sound. can try to switch on the TV louder during the day to let her get used to it.

Lana17

brought my bb out after his 1st month.. even brought him to supermarket to do our grocery shopping :p
i put on nursery rym during the day for my bb n do my things at the same time.. might be able to can yr bb get used to the noise

pixie

I brought my baby out after her 1st month. There are babies who are more timid/shy so you might want to first bring her out to the parks or shopping malls that are not too crowded and loud. As the baby gets use to it, then you bring her to more crowded places. Avoid going into a record/music shop until your baby is more settled.

msck

Sigh. She startled alot in the 1st 2 weeks. After tt i played 933 from 9am to 6pm... Then she's much better.

Then when i brought her to other places, she will startle easily for days.. Like all 4 limps up, sometimes even shiver. =( mom said i should only bring her out when she hit 3 month or when she can crawl...

andieluv2

I started bring my girl.out whn she's 1 month. Sometime startle reflex is normal.up to 4months. Try.let her listen to musics and all will help...

lasery2k

i brought my son out at even before 1st month. eh...he's a pig and can sleep in the worst enviroment. the level directly above my hse was doing renovation with all the drillings n stuffs tt's y i brought him out quite offen even during confinement.

think he's immune to the loud sound at hm daily tt's y didn't startle..

when we are out, i put him in carrier instead of pram coz it's nearer to the mother n bb can smell us n hear the familiar heartbeat. he didn't make any fuse after coming hm. after confinement...literally is every alternate days will bring him out to met up with forum mummies...can't stay still at home. will go crazy.

msck

Lasery2k, tt's so happening of u!!!

I stay in the north, deep in the woods. Lol. Can be very very peaceful on weekdays. Then i think my girl is born timid... Sigh. Like last sunday, there was a very happening partying wedding at the void deck for 2 days. Noisy at night becoz the ppl were playing catching (screamed alot.. So i guess so...) n afternoon super loud music (got dj n alot of clubbing songs.... ). It was ok if it's constant loud noise. But there was one very quiet, sudenly blasted music n drum!!!!!!!!!!!! She literally jumped up n shivered n cried. Only today seems to be calmer. Past few days were shivered suddenly or startled by small noise.. =(

lasery2k

msck,

ic, coz bb nt use to the sudden loud noise in her enviroment...if bb tend to startle alot..u can swaddle bb when she sleeps or place a bean pillow on her chest to let her feel more safe.

for my boy...duno leh..feels he's a weird baby...when he was still a NB, we put in sleep in the baby snuggle "nest"...then we will block everywhere by placing small little bolster...so he still feels like being surrounded with something..we also gave pacifier when he sleeps..only sleep then got..the rest of the time is no no...it helps alot when we wean him off it...coz he don't depend on it alot.

u can check with TCM also see if bb can take the chinese "jing fen san" to help calm...

msck

She refused to be swaddled!! She will ah ah ah n struggle out of it. We gave up swaddle in week 2. =(

N we tried pacifier before. Omg. She refused until last night!!! My hubby just put it in her mouth for few min, she quickly fell asleep n she pui it out before sleeping also. Maybe i will try again when she get scared (hope less of such to happen though).

Laser2ky, how old is ur boy? R u still putting pillows n bolsters around him?

lasery2k

now arh..my boy already 28 mths old le..running around the hse n talking back at the parents.

lolx..same lah..he also will try his might to struggle n wriggle out the diaper cloth we use to swaddle him...esp the 2 bzi body arm...he will put in the "i surrender" position then finally will sleep comfortably. wat we did was cannot swaddle whole body rite..we swaddle half loh...take his two hands out then swaddle from the ampit dwn...

enjoy the 0mths - 8mths mode...after tt they will seek attention at nite...finding ways to sleep on yr big bed...mine no choice sleep we us until now coz we live with in laws. the boxing n kicking by tt little karate kid at nite will land the parents with blue black in the morn...tt include panda eyes.

msck

Sounds damn cute la!!! Can talk back somemore!!! I can't wait. Then i will bring her to eat happ meal n visit botanic garden. Lol.

Swaddle half sounds good too. Will try tt. But usually my girl like to sleep in tt 'i surrender' position too. Cannot keep her hands beside her, my hubby said she sleeps like a boss.

Btw, the pillow part. I scared such things later she anyhow roll (when she can), then those pillows cover her face how?! My girl is timid but vrry very active. Move alot. Really alot.

lasery2k

hahaha..i think all the babies like tt position..my younger sister's son also like tt..ya..the pillows will go under the 2 armpits n 1 at the leg for him to kick. so he's actually stuck in the "i surrender" position. n the head will help to turn left n right coz i don't want him to have flat back head..lolx..

sounds cute....=.=!!! more like will faint when he talks..he is learning wateva from us and also learning body parts...

imagine we bring him go swimming n he goes into the male changing rm n start pointing at the adult "birds" n goes...papa..see got big big bird...

or tell u fat fat mummy sleeping...cannot disturb...<---thanks to hubby for teaching him tt..

Asphere

maybe its the loud music and sound that is y your child scare.
i brought my son to church when he was 4 mths old. i dun really like due to the loud worship songs. i scare the loud sound will damage his eardrums as he is still so young.

if your child really always get scared try to bring her out once in maybe 2 weeks.. then slowly increase lor.

lasery2k

apshere,

erm...it's not good to expose young infant to loud sound esp churches uses loud speaker/ amphifier on speaking n songs...no offend to any religions here..if u wanna expose him to religion young, can at hm borrow books or on worship songs thru high fi where we can control the volume.

if the sound is too loud n expose for long period of time like many days or months it sure does damages to the ear drums.

felicity

my bb is 7 weeks old and i still dun dare to bring her to the mall! the only times we go out is for pd visit (once) or to visit my parents, and my hubby drives so hardly in contact with the public, except when in the crowded clinic.

my bb dislikes swaddling and always struggle as she also loves to slp with her arms up by the two sides of her head but i insist to swaddle her at night so she can slp better and longer as she startles easily and frequently. i will just swaddle her and cuddle her v tight while latching her till she falls aslp. i do the half swaddle during the day when she's napping.

msck

When we brought bb to church, she slept thru out as my hubby carried her. But i know she did move a bit, not deep sleep kind. Mom said bb is too scared to open eyes!!!!! Not really sleeping, but clinging on on my hubby with her dear life... =(

Felt sad hearing tt.. N she finally slept well yesterday. 3 days to recover from tt happening wedding at the void deck too. Jialat. My hubby even jokingly said hope girl dun become racist... Not funny lor..

So laser2k, how many pillows u have to use eh? Currently i have one to support her back cos she likes to sleep side way, one jus barely touch her head, another one in between her legs. She loves to kick. So with tt, when she jerk, her legs will have sth to hold..

lasery2k

One each under his armpits. One at the bottom of his leg. Those are small bolster. One bean bolster on his chest. Around 2- 3 mths we lwt him sleep on his sides then he will kiap another bolaster between his legs. Total use 4 infant bolsters n 1 bean sprout bolster.

msck

Lol... My girl loves to kiap the pillow last time. Now she sleeps like a boss. Haha... N when she cry, she look like crab... N eyes refuse to open...