When can we use flash when taking photos of babies?

apollo

since ds born till now, we're v careful with the flash. always off the flash b4 taking his photos...

annie

i only did that before her 1st mth.. but then.. we seldom take pics of her using camera.. always hp.. n my hp flash always off de. no matter take whose pic lol. after 1mth i didnt care much liao..

yukimaxx

i was told it is ok to use flash when baby is sleeping.. but when baby gets older, will be more awake so of cos they will open their eyes more. now my baby is 2mths old and i still dare not use flash. better be safe than sorry

nsync_su

Wahhh.... i seriously didnt know cannot take pic with flash. When my daughter was born, me and my hubby happily took lots of pics with flash. Now she's 1 year old, she's soooo in love in taking pics. Hehehhee...

MomoMummy

when i just gave birth, the 2nd day i already told my bro to off the flash. and my daughter was sleeping. he put the hp close to my daughter too. but the hp still will auto put to flash.

he snap and my daughter screammmmm so loud. i becum damn pek chek and my bro feel damn bad went down and apologize to my hubby.

daughter 2 months i also dun dare to on. probably when she 6 month plus i will take with flash but not close to her.

annie

Wahhh.... i seriously didnt know cannot take pic with flash. When my daughter was born, me and my hubby happily took lots of pics with flash. Now she's 1 year old, she's soooo in love in taking pics. Hehehhee...
its not good for their eyes cos they r inside the dark womb for so many mths then just came out.. eyes very sensitive.. need to let them get use to the outside world first... somemore newborn eyes cant really see at first. anyway.. they are newborn la. so everything is fragile. got to take special note..

i only turn on flash after 6 months... when his eyes more stable state and developed. that's not based on reading, just my gut feel. but i read that when baby is 8 months plus, their eye sight is already fully developed. can perceive depth, colours and distance.

annie

8mths?? so late ah? hee. i always thought my girl's eyesight is normal liao when she was about 2mths.. cos her eyes follow me whenever i walk..but i dunno how well she can see though hehe

8mths?? so late ? hee. i always thought my girl's eyesight is normal when she was about 2mths.. cos her eyes follow me whenever i walk..but i dont know how well she can see though hehe
yeah by 2 months to follow moving objects like people or mobile is normal... but to perceive depth and distance will only fully develop by 8 months. so by 8 months, their eye sight is like that of a normal person... can see far away things. that's what i read from babycenter.com.sg :)

yukimaxx

i only turn on flash after 6 months... when his eyes more stable state and developed. that's not based on reading, just my gut feel. but i read that when baby is 8 months plus, their eye sight is already fully developed. can perceive depth, colours and distance.
i see. so gotta wait till 8 mths... thks for ur info!:Dancing_wub: