When did your baby starts cruising around chairs and tables?

peacefulgal

My son just turn 10 months. According to the book, most ten-month olds can cruise / walk holding onto furniture. But mine still doesn't. He still wobble on his legs when I place him against the coffee table....

is his development too slow?

apollo

mine started standing up w.o support at 8mths, cruising at 9mths. i think is up to individual. my fren's son only started cruiing ard aft his 1st bday =)

Mummy to Baby V

My boy probably started cruising at about 9-10 months old.
Every baby is different. Some eventually walk at about 15-18 months old, which is still fine.
Most importantly, give baby plenty of exercise time when awake to practise and strengthen his muscles.
Lotsa positive encouragement helps too.
Be relaxed, don't set expectations and baby will grow happily. :)

peacefulgal

My boy probably started cruising at about 9-10 months old.
Every baby is different. Some eventually walk at about 15-18 months old, which is still fine.
Most importantly, give baby plenty of exercise time when awake to practise and strengthen his muscles.
Lotsa positive encouragement helps too.
Be relaxed, don't set expectations and baby will grow happily. :)
Thanks for the encouragement. I think my son is also too reliant on his walker. He has been using it since 5 months. I realize he can stand well and walk when placed in the walker, but feel insecure when removed him from there. :(

apollo

yes he is pretty fast when comes to pull-to-stand and cruising ard but he started walking only at 14mths old. some of his development is fast some is slower. haha..

Ting

hmmm pin started cruising, i think arnd 7-8 mths? or maybe earlier?shld be arnd there, i cant recall really. but she started walking without support arnd 11 mths. :) dont worry too much, each kid is diff, some better with motor skills, some better with speech development, just give him losta praising and encouragement. 10 mths still very young, u nvr know, maybe by 1 yo he can walk steadily alr. :)

Mummy to Baby V

Thanks for the encouragement. I think my son is also too reliant on his walker. He has been using it since 5 months. I realize he can stand well and walk when placed in the walker, but feel insecure when removed him from there. :(
Oic... After reading about concerns of using walker, we didn't get one for my boy; just let him explore cruising freely.
You may consider getting a toy push-walker. My boy enjoyed pushing it around when learning to walk.
Otherwise, he also pushed a small stool around.

My boy juz completed nine months, but still quite wobbly also. Could be because of the weight? I read somewhere that if the baby is heavy (and chubby), not so easy to balance wor..

apollo

My boy juz completed nine months, but still quite wobbly also. Could be because of the weight? I read somewhere that if the baby is heavy (and chubby), not so easy to balance wor..
depends. ds was pretty heavy, iirc, he was ard 11.5kg when he was 9mth old. some of his developments like flipping, crawling, sitting up w/o support is consider slow as compared with the other babies but amazingly, he started cruising ard by 9mth old. =)

peacefulgal

just like your query, my boy is 10.12kg at 10 months... quite 'chubby' at the tummy and legs... not sure if this is the cause too.