When did yr baby start talking?

AugBoyz

dun be too anxious or over concern if ur baby is not talking at 18mths etc. If by 4yrs old he/she is not talking in sentence or wat then its a concern.

Jus continue to talk in proper sentence to your baby, one day they will learn.

My son cannot say mama or papa when he was 1 yr old, his first word is CAR coz my mum look after him n she bought him loads of cars :tlaugh:

We enrol him to child care at 1yr old, at 18mths he can blabber broken sentence. When he was close to 2yrs old we teach him to say in proper sentence such as "Mummy, can I have milk pls?" etc. And if he dun say it properly instead use hand gesture or say in baby language we do not entertain him :)

faith777

Hi when & where you went for the check up? Cuz my daughter already coming to 3 still not talking too.

My son learning to talk quite late..Only last year he can fully talk in sentences..I was wondering why he still talk in baby talk even though i already teach him e right way..Found out he had tonsislits..That;s why it affects his speech..Last year he went for surgery to shave it..After 2 weeks his surgery, he already talk..A to z etc..He already know how to say mummy when he was 3 years old..

Now he is in K1..So talkative right now..Now he can be able to sing :)

pink_laydee85

Faith777

My son was referral from poly to hospital..He was havin a bad cough & his throat was pain dat tyme..Brought him to private clinic & they told me he had this tonsislits..Went to poly & get a letter to be referral hospital..It's depend wat goes wrong why ur kids still not been talking..Better by 2 years old u shld bring to ur kids to e doctor..They will ask u some question & they will know wat's goes wrong..My son was referral to ENT doctor..

She told me that cause of his tonsilt its delay his speech..

I know that NUH had these speech talk every friday..I didn;t attend it for my son cause he had to go for surgery for his tonsilt