When do you start bathing your bb not from bathtub?

justmint

I understand all babies are using bathtub to bath.

Gradually they'll know how to sit..then stand...so when do you switch from bathtub to shower?

How do you do intruduce it to your bb?

MY bb is now going 6mths, now loves to play with water & splashing it in the tub. He can sit well with one of my arm holding him. So last week I tried to intruduce it once by just use the shower sprakler shoot at his water in the tub..he kept staring that water. When I used it to bath his back, he got uncomfortable. Then I quickly stopped.

Now I am wonder how should I introduce it to him with interest rather than fear?

hippoadel

i jus started using the shower with dd seated in her tub....last week......
so far ok.....abit shocked at first.....but was fine after awhile.......
end up she was so interested with e shower head....she refuse to let go.....:001_302:

justmint

hehehee..thats fun!
How old is your dd now?

I wonder if I start now it's abit too early..

i jus started using the shower with dd seated in her tub....last week......
so far ok.....abit shocked at first.....but was fine after awhile.......
end up she was so interested with e shower head....she refuse to let go.....:001_302:

LoVeS

Although ds knw how to sit already but i tink will start bath him wif shower when he knw how to stand n aso when he can stand very stable by himself.

Celina

Now my son is 8 mths, i can shower him with him leaning on my thighs. At time put him inside the tub to play on his own. Thou he cant really sit up yet. He's ok with the shower head. When ever he poos, i wil always wash his butt. He thinks its FUN!

justmint

hehehee...
Now I have try washing his head using the toilet while he sit in the tub. he seems ok with the water flows down from his head. I wipe his face to avoid the soapy water getting into his face.

On top of that I also play water container with a hole at it's bottom with him. He likes the water flowing out from the bottom..always reach out his palm & let the water falls on his hands...so cute...

Wonder if it'll help him accept the shower...

my mom told me to only use the shower when he understand the instruction of 'look down', so he'll not get choke by the water running into his nose...but that'll be another 2yrs...so long...:nah:

my baby is now 4 months & 3 weeks old.
aft she turns 3 months old, she doesn't want to sit in the bath tub to bath.
so I got to hold her while she stands, & bath her as quick as possible.

but strangely, when she's bk at my mum's plc.
she'll sit in the bath tub to bath.