When do you tell your parents that you are pregnant?

mrs_eg

When do you tell your parents that you are pregnant or your wife is pregnant?

we r not sure if we shld tell.... bcos of the 3mths taboo of not annoucing until you pass ur 1st tri, we are afraid that it will leak out and everyone will know before I even reach the end of my 1st tri. especially with the chinese new year (and visiting)round the corner!!! (Im 8 wks btw) But at the same time, it feels 'not right' to hide the truth...

I jus hope to get some opinion from here...

apollo

for my 1st preg, EVERYONE noe once i got preg.. but i MC.. when i conceived again, only my parents noe cos we staying tgt.. but 2-3weeks later, my PIL know too.. other den both side parents, the rest of the relatives know only aft my 1st tri =)

jas2909

I told my parants.. in-laws.. and buddies when i'm around 6weeks preg.. and soon whole relatives know already.. but colleagues and not very close friends is after 3mths..

kenxf_03

For me, I only let my immediate families know. The rest like relatives and frens, they only knew abt my preggie 3 mths ltr. I prefer to play safe. :001_302:

Ting

i think u can let your parents n in laws know, but also tell them u r only comfortable in letting everyone else know after u past 3 mths.

mrs_eg

thanx.. will probably tell my parents during new year...

just hope they dun spread it... :)

jean1986

if parents bantang, they wont tell others as well.
i told my immediate family n hubby's family once i got preg at 4weeks. n a few of my very close friends.

Renzie

My parents and the whole of hubby's family and relatives know when I'm 8 weeks pregnant. Thanks to hubby's sister who spread the news to everyone.

but for my parents I told them personally. Its better to let immediate family know so that they can watch out for you and such. Especially since I'm staying with my in-laws and they are the ones doing the cooking, so there are things that i'm supposed to avoid eating and such.

jasobias

for me pee on the stick.show positive ran to my family tell them already..hahhaha
i was in the usa when preggers with 3rd one ,tht time so my mum not there so run to my MIL instead..hehhehe
I told my immediate family,in laws n my best frens
When one is preggers..we need all the support n help we can get..so thts why i told..n gd news shld share also

woofy55

Same as apollo mummy, i told my parents/inlaws the moment i discovered my 1st pregnancy - but MC during the 8wks. Then with Louis, I was very neusea and vomitting badly and no appetite - so cannot really hide the news.. :) but both side parents kept the news till after 1st trimester.

chocbuzz

I told both sets of parents when i knew I was pregnant. They automatically kept it to themselves till i crossed the 3 months milestone... keke

:001_302:

TANZHENZHI

I told my immediate families and close friends when i was 8weeks pregnant. Soon it spread to my relatives and colleagues too. I also think it's better to tell them so they can keep a lookout for you. :001_302: Congrats btw. Enjoy your pregnancy and Happy New Year to you & Family.

crescent

msg_eg, congrats!!! finally ur turn.. hehehhe
for me, my in-laws know when i was ard 5 wks... cos got a relative funeral and got to let them know we cant go.... then after that i told my family... for the 1st trim only our immediate family knows.... after 1st trim, then my hubby relatives ask when they saw me, cos the clothes i wear give away... hehehe

When do you tell your parents that you are pregnant or your wife is pregnant?

we r not sure if we shld tell.... bcos of the 3mths taboo of not annoucing until you pass your 1st tri, we are afraid that it will leak out and everyone will know before I even reach the end of my 1st tri. especially with the chinese new year (and visiting)round the corner!!! (Im 8 wks btw) But at the same time, it feels 'not right' to hide the truth...

I just hope to get some opinion from here...

mrs_eg

Thank you ladies for allllll your sharing....

hehehe I told my parents n in-laws already... they are all delighted...

so glad that they agreed to keep it a hush hush until 'further notice'... hehehe.... and I survived Day 1 of chinese new year visiting... and all the answering of the same old question:" when are you gonna have a baby?!?!?!"... I jus said... 'shun qi zi ran" ( let nature takes its course) :001_302:
tomorow day 2 another round...............

Hi Cresent! thank you thank you very much... ya... finally my turn... just went to temple today to thank heaven for the gift and prayed for the well being of you gals too... u take good care of yrself ya?!!!

msg_eg, congrats!!! finally your turn.. hehehhe
for me, my in-laws know when i was around 5 wks... cos got a relative funeral and got to let them know we cant go.... then after that i told my family... for the 1st trim only our immediate family knows.... after 1st trim, then my hubby relatives ask when they saw me, cos the clothes i wear give away... hehehe

star_star

OMG! i didnt knw tat the was such a myth... thank u all for the info... tis is my 1st pregnancy,oni found out abt it afew days ago... i alreadi told 2 of my best frenz... yet to the the parents yet... i guess i beter keep it to myself... cant wait to tell the whole world!!! hahaha