When is a good timing to have 2nd baby?

MOoMOoo

Hi all, need advise on having 2nd baby. I wish to have a 2nd baby about 1 yr apart from my 1st baby. but not sure if this will be a good idea or will i regret for it. My baby is 6 month now. I have no idea what kind of challenge i will face having 2 kids if one is 1 yr plus and another newborn. my baby taken care by nanny now so if i have another i thought of getting a maid. but to leave maid with 2 kids with no elderly aro. i am not sure if it would be safe especially when i get back to work after maternity leave. If i leave 2 kids with nanny, its fine with me but it will be quite costly and i would not be able to cope with 2 kids in the evening as well as housework.

For those who have 2 kids or have gone through such days hope you will be able to share with me your experience.

lyra

I'm also wondering... I am actually considering having my kids 2 years apart. At least a 2 year old toddler is easier to take care and the siblings' ages aren't too far apart...

Same. I asked ard my friends. Mostly had number 2 when number 1 turning 1 years old. So by then number 1 turning 2 when new born is out. Number 1 can help to look after number 2 like when u go toilet and their r/s tend to be closer and number 1 will learn to share and care unlike most kids that are only child are so spoilt and doesn't share! My number 1 is 9mths now. Might be planning for number 2 end of the year.

Hi all, need advise on having 2nd baby. I wish to have a 2nd baby about 1 yr apart from my 1st baby. but not sure if this will be a good idea or will i regret for it. My baby is 6 month now. I have no idea what kind of challenge i will face having 2 kids if one is 1 yr plus and another newborn. my baby taken care by nanny now so if i have another i thought of getting a maid. but to leave maid with 2 kids with no elderly aro. i am not sure if it would be safe especially when i get back to work after maternity leave. If i leave 2 kids with nanny, its fine with me but it will be quite costly and i would not be able to cope with 2 kids in the evening as well as housework.

For those who have 2 kids or have gone through such days hope you will be able to share with me your experience.
hello... I have a 10 month old bb now... n i m expecting no 2.... 31 weeks now... 2nd bb n first will b ard 1 yr apart... will b leaving them to my mil... after i go back to work... do u have any intention of stop working first.???

Triquetra

I think it depends on situation and how flexible your arrangements are...
I am expecting my no. 2 right, my daughter will about 2+ a little when I give birth to my second.

It may be hard to juggle between 2 kids whose age are pretty close, the first one will still be learning to communicate and express her needs. However I feel that it's nice to have siblings to share your childhood with so I conclude 2 ~ 3 years will be good.

shopaholic

My 1st child was exactly 2yo when I delivered my second one. If you're managing the kids alone in the evenings, it can be a challenge as a 2yo may not be able to express herself well and may even demand more of your attention.

In my situation, hubby and myself made it a point to fetch the kids home daily together. As such, we had each other to rely on for assistance if we need. I was also thankful that my elder one was an easy toddler and didnt display those "terrible twos" behaviour, so we managed through the period of handling a toddler and a baby.

If you're talking about 1+ years of age difference, it can be tough but I believe all parents are strong and will be able to manage eventually.

apollo

there is no 'right' time on when to have #2. the 'right' time is when you and your hub are both financially and emotionally ready for 2nd child. i agreee that it is not easy to have 2 kids with only 1yr apart, esp for the main caregiver. but #1 will not be bored as he will have a companion since young. =)

MOoMOoo

hello... I have a 10 month old bb now... n i m expecting no 2.... 31 weeks now... 2nd bb n first will b ard 1 yr apart... will b leaving them to my mil... after i go back to work... do u have any intention of stop working first.???
Firstly, Congratulation to you. Did you originally plan to have no. 2 one yr apart. So u are staying with your MIL? who is taking care of your kids at night and when u get back to work. Will both your kids sleeps together in the same room with u. My baby is now sleeping in a cot which is place beside my bed so wondering where to place my second child.

Yes, i would still want to continue work. I do not want to rely only on hubby income.

MOoMOoo

My 1st child was exactly 2yo when I delivered my second one. If you're managing the kids alone in the evenings, it can be a challenge as a 2yo may not be able to express herself well and may even demand more of your attention.

In my situation, hubby and myself made it a point to fetch the kids home daily together. As such, we had each other to rely on for assistance if we need. I was also thankful that my elder one was an easy toddler and didnt display those "terrible twos" behaviour, so we managed through the period of handling a toddler and a baby.

If you're talking about 1+ years of age difference, it can be tough but I believe all parents are strong and will be able to manage eventually.
Hi will your 2 yr old child get agitated easily when the baby cry at night and are u staying in the same room with both kids.

MOoMOoo

I am thinking to leave both kids with maid when i get back to work and installed CCTV to monitor at home. Wonder if these will work. Anyone try this before?

I am thinking to leave both kids with maid when i get back to work and installed CCTV to monitor at home. Wonder if these will work. Anyone try this before?
my friend tried that.... n actually caught the maid stealing thing red handed... hahahaha

Firstly, Congratulation to you. Did you originally plan to have no. 2 one yr apart. So u are staying with your MIL? who is taking care of your kids at night and when u get back to work. Will both your kids sleeps together in the same room with u. My baby is now sleeping in a cot which is place beside my bed so wondering where to place my second child.

Yes, i would still want to continue work. I do not want to rely only on hubby income.
haahha... firstly i didn't plan for this.... its an accident... n a gift from god... so we jus have to accept it....currently staying with my mil but will moved over to my new flat after my confinement... during these time... i will look after the kids on my own... after i return back towork.... mil will tc of them n i will go fetch them after work.... we live very near each other so i think still ok.... have to trial n error first.... then improvised lo... no choice.=) i wun leave my kids overnight with mil i will miss them like mad.... i rather i suffer abit the first few yrs....

My babies' age gap is about d same with charlotte. Mine will be 13 mths difference. Very stressed up, not sure if can handle. I agree that u should have #2 when u r ready for it financially n emotionally. However if thgs happen unplanned then no choice hehee..

At least most mummies can leave baby with in laws but I can't. N im taking care of baby alone with no help. Hope I can get thru this when #2 is out. Am also afraid if both sleep in same room, #1 will wake up when #2 cries. Aiyo...now with one baby hubby n I always quarrel can't imagine if #2 comes out! Pray to god we be fine!

My babies' age gap is about d same with charlotte. Mine will be 13 mths difference. Very stressed up, not sure if can handle. I agree that u should have #2 when u r ready for it financially n emotionally. However if thgs happen unplanned then no choice hehee..

At least most mummies can leave baby with in laws but I can't. N im taking care of baby alone with no help. Hope I can get thru this when #2 is out. Am also afraid if both sleep in same room, #1 will wake up when #2 cries. Aiyo...now with one baby hubby n I always quarrel can't imagine if #2 comes out! Pray to god we be fine!

when is ur edd? oct? or nov? are u a full time mum??? i will have to face the reality in 1 month plus time... i m going to b 32 weeks pregnant soon... now also quite worried on how to struggle with both.. but i guess monther instinct wil guide us thru.... =) after giving birth n confinement... i will b shifting out... that means... i will have to tc of both kids... do housework... n manage the whole hse for 4 months... tough... lols

So this means the CCTV works. Does the maid know there is a CCTV in the house.
Duno... in the first place... that y caught her red handed... u might wana install cctv then let her noe... so she dun dare to anyhow when she is alone with ur kids.=)

when is ur edd? oct? or nov? are u a full time mum??? i will have to face the reality in 1 month plus time... i m going to b 32 weeks pregnant soon... now also quite worried on how to struggle with both.. but i guess monther instinct wil guide us thru.... =) after giving birth n confinement... i will b shifting out... that means... i will have to tc of both kids... do housework... n manage the whole hse for 4 months... tough... lols
My edd is in oct. I tot my #2 was fast enuff aldy but u more power than me hahaa! Yup I'm a Sahm n with just one boy it's v tough. I gotta do housework with big tummy v tiring n my boy is a handful! I closed my retail business to be a Sahm n shocked everyone around me hahaa abit regret lei but when I see my baby's sweet face I know it's all worth it.

mummy jay

Wow...everyone seems to be having kids really close. My first son is 5+ and my second one is almost 2 mths. There is a 5 year gap. I actually like the gap. It allowed me to bring my son for holidays and now that he is older, he dosen't need as much help with things like eating and dressing. Sometimes he also helps me with the baby. :001_302:

XenXuan

I juz gave birth to my 2nd baby,My kids r 2yrs gap apart.. i feel 2-4yrs gap is good enough,too far apart,things they play/learn will be v diff n hard to play with each other.. i wanted to have a 3yr gap as i think its best timing.. at least the toddler will be able to speak n understand words/behave well enough.. my son is v notti n active at 2.5yrs old now while newborn require quite alot attention too.. im taking care of them alone during daytime so its kinda hard when the toddler cant understand my words n dun behave while the newborn is crying.. we had to separate both of them in diff rooms to avoid my son from bullying baby girl..

My edd is in oct. I tot my #2 was fast enuff aldy but u more power than me hahaa! Yup I'm a Sahm n with just one boy it's v tough. I gotta do housework with big tummy v tiring n my boy is a handful! I closed my retail business to be a Sahm n shocked everyone around me hahaa abit regret lei but when I see my baby's sweet face I know it's all worth it.
if ur hubby can provide for u n ur kids... y not... i would love to b a SAHM so that i can watch my kids grow up day by day... but both me n hubby wans a better life for our kids... so no choice have to work....