When is it safe to conceive again?

RRoses

I gave birth on April 7th 09 semi c-sec.. how long must i wait before i can get pregnant again? how long do i have to wait for the wound to totally heal or i can just go ahead with it? and how long does it take for the womb to be safe to carry another child again?

I gave birth on April 7th 09 semi c-sec.. how long must i wait before i can get pregnant again? how long do i have to wait for the wound to totally heal or i can just go ahead with it? and how long does it take for the womb to be safe to carry another child again?
I get the infor from the mummy magazine saying that is best to have bb again after one year:red:

lawla12

I get the infor from the mummy magazine saying that is best to have baby again after one year:red:
yaa...tats wad i heard from my ex-colleague too......1 year .....

suggest u ask ur gynae....she shd know ur condition n advise u accordingly.....

RRoses

thanks for the compliments! haha ONE YEAR?! by then i'll have to look after the smaller one all over again! but if its natural birth then there's no need to wait for one year right?

J

justforgags

thanks for the compliments! haha ONE YEAR?! by then i'll have to look after the smaller one all over again! but if its natural birth then there's no need to wait for one year right?
wow! applaud to u cz u seems to really enjoy ur pregnancy n motherhood tat u wanna hv antr 1 pretty soon;-)

RRoses

wow! applaud to you cz you seems to really enjoy your pregnancy and motherhood that you wanna have antr 1 pretty soon;-)

hehehehe thanks! would really love to conceive another baby within this year! have more energy and strength to look after kids when im young hahaha only concern is that i want to bf my boy for as long as possible but if i get pregnant i heard that its quite tedious to bf during pregnancy

meiteoh

Preferable one to two years - this depends on the incision that was made plus your overall health. Generally, once a woman has gone for a c-sec, it's hard to go back to natural delivery.

Even for natural delivery, doctors would advise you not to get pregnant too soon after your previous pregnancy as your body needs time to recover. It takes nine months to bring a baby into the world and your body, logically, will need at least a couple of months to go back to proper condition and shape.

I'm actually planning to have my next baby in two year's time - that way, the gap isn't too big and I would have recovered sufficiently from this pregnancy to give my best again to my next child. :)