When should I make appointment to see gyne?

Keke

Hi mommies! I just found out I'm pregnant, when should I start seeing a gyne? At which week should i make an appointment. Usually for the first visit what will the gyne do?

hi there,

congratulation! Most of the people suggest to go gyne only after 6 weeks to be on the safe side. Haha if not cannot see the baby during the scan will just waste ur money. Usually the gynae will give u advise and vitamins... any concerns u have u can ask the gynae.

marshmallows

Congrats gal! Yah usually 6 weeks onwards. You count the weeks starting from the first day of your last menses. The gynea will do a scan on your tummy to look for the york sac and baby's heartbeat. Heartbeat may be harder to detect if earlier than 6 weeks. Will also take your weight, do urine test etc during every visit. Do start taking folic acid if you have not't.

Keke

Thanks ladies! I'm so excited & have made my appointment next wk which is my 6week. Yep I have been taking folic for more than 2yrs & finally the bb is here. 

Carlisle

Hi mommies! I just found out I'm pregnant, when should I start seeing a gyne? At which week should i make an appointment. Usually for the first visit what will the gyne do?
you can make an appointment when your pregnancy is confirm. She will go over your blood test with you and observing your blood pressure, weight, heart rate and general health... The doctor will ask you when your last period began so that she can calculate you due date...

jean85

1 of my friend told me she never been to see gyne untill about 3-4mths later. But hubby so kan jiong, keep asking me to book appointment to see gyne fast.

arielc

Hi bleeee, depends on how far on you are with your pregnancy i guess...
i went for first check-up at 5 weeks and had blood pressure taken, urine test for glucose levels, and ultrasound scan to see sac :)