When to change milk bottles?

justmint

As above.
& how often do you change them? (discard old & replace new)

I notice the brand-less bottles will change color after a few mths...I thought of discarding it. Do you?

So far Avent's & Pigeon's still look fine since i started using only in Oct onwards. Are yours too after 4mths or 6mths?

Celina

im using avent, so duno bout other bottles..

Wad bout the teats n pacifier, how long do u mommies change it?

celine

have been using avent for the past 6mths, bt the bottle never change color... so never tink of changing...

teat & pacifier oso nt sure....

LoVeS

im using avent, so duno bout other bottles..

Wad bout the teats n pacifier, how long do u mommies change it?
1-3mths old ds use small bottle 120ml ones then 3-6mths old he now using 240ml size bottle one. So it not changing bcoz it old or wat but rather it need to change to bigger size.

As for teats i only change when the holes are too small for ds n pacifier according to his age as well.

Joylucas

My ds using nuk bottles. So far for past 8 mths, i change his batch of bottles once cos i read from a body & mind article that plastic bottles will have faster wear & tear after all the sterilising. As for teats every month change cos i m using rubber latex which wears out faster. :tlaugh:

justmint

So there's no mention on how often the bottles should be changed?

My ds using nuk bottles. So far for past 8 mths, i change his batch of bottles once cos i read from a body & mind article that plastic bottles will have faster wear & tear after all the sterilising. As for teats every month change cos i m using rubber latex which wears out faster. :tlaugh:

justmint

yea, thats what I tot about the teats & pacifiers...

pacifiers there are instructions on when to change, most likely i just follow the instructions & discard when its time to change or when I spot bb has torn in.

teat..as they grow older they'll change the teat size..so nver tot of when to discard it too.

It's the Brand-less big bottles that I am concern about..

So those with proper brand last longer? How long have u use & not change/discard?

1-3mths old ds use small bottle 120ml ones then 3-6mths old he now using 240ml size bottle one. So it not changing bcoz it old or wat but rather it need to change to bigger size.

As for teats i only change when the holes are too small for ds n pacifier according to his age as well.

Joylucas

So there's no mention on how often the bottles should be changed?
Forgot whether got mention or not. I juz use my own discretion if bottles looks abit yellowish then i changed it. Since birth until now, i only changed once.

For teats, if you using silicon ones, then dun have to change so often. Silicon ones can last longer than latex.

My boy refuse to drink with silicon teats so got no choice.

LoVeS

yea, thats what I tot about the teats & pacifiers...

pacifiers there are instructions on when to change, most likely i just follow the instructions & discard when its time to change or when I spot bb has torn in.

teat..as they grow older they'll change the teat size..so nver tot of when to discard it too.

It's the Brand-less big bottles that I am concern about..

So those with proper brand last longer? How long have u use & not change/discard?
till now the small bottles i aso havent discard it yet.

Celina

i stil have my avent bottles since i bought em months ago, now using big bottles for milk n small for water.

ABout changing it, erm maybe wen i feel its time too? haha..

anw i will change it if i feel its old n dirty?

I feel no need to change so often?

huiling

i dun change e bottles only change e teats.i'm using avent for my dd then nw i still continue to use e same bottles for my ds.

Ting

i change the teats when the flow get too slow or change colour. for bottles wise, think only when it looks very old or change colour OR i see one tt i like then i will change. LOLS.