When to change teat size?

Hi mummies! My baby is now about 6-7 weeks old. Wondering when is the right time to change teat size for him? Not sure if he can suckle better with a faster flow teat? He's using Avent now,with the newborn size. Tia !:Dancing_wub:

christie06

mine i change when shes drinking her milk and still keeps on crying and i try to change just 1 teat then she stops crying... change it when she's 4 mos... but i think it depends on the baby.... my nephew change teats when he's 3mos old....=)

IVYTeo

I change it for my child when she 's 3 months. Too fast the flow rate will cause the baby to throw out the milk.

Thanks, ladies, for your replies! Ya my baby boy keeps crying n screaming when he drinks sometimes. But he is only 6 weeks old so I tot it's a bit too early to change the teats. Think I will try changing it soon.

By the way, any mummies experience leaking problems with Avent bottles?

joeybeadz

Thanks, ladies, for your replies! Ya my baby boy keeps crying n screaming when he drinks sometimes. But he is only 6 weeks old so I thought it's a bit too early to change the teats. Think I will try changing it soon.

By the way, any mummies experience leaking problems with Avent bottles?
yes. so what I do is... you have to unscrew and screw back...