When to discuss with gynae about birth options?

cluelessmummy

When did you and your gynae start talking about your birthing options e.g. use of epidural, booking of anaesthetists etc?

My last appt was at 30 wks, and I still haven't talked to my gynae about all these yet. Next appt is at 34 wks. Is that too late?

MrsNeo

for me, i don't think so. i think next appt is just nice or maybe wait till you 36weeks also can ^^

LoVeS

When i change my 2nd gynae i already mention to him on the 1st appt which i was 28wks pregnant tt i wanna opt for c-section but he hope i reconsider n make decision by 32-34wks.

Last edited:

justmint

But I think decision make nearer to due date is better cos it'll not be expensive?

mine told me to make decision when I was 6mths preg so when I was having my mild contraction then doc change to ceaseran cos I dilating too slow..in the end I pay for both natural & ceaseran...:embarrassed:

MrsNeo

But I think decision make nearer to due date is better cos it'll not be expensive?

mine told me to make decision when I was 6mths preg so when I was having my mild contraction then doc change to ceaseran cos I dilating too slow..in the end I pay for both natural & ceaseran...:embarrassed:
i thought needed to top up only?? how come you pay for both? what kind of choices can we choose from btw? :tlaugh:

cluelessmummy

huh? yah lor..why must you pay for both? shldn't u pay only for what you used in the end?

thanks for all your replies. guess i'm not exactly too late. I didn't go for antenatal classes, so don't have a birth plan either. maybe I'm too jin zhang, but I just thought that this kind of thing should at least have some sort of discussion ard 30-32 wks, just in case the baby comes out earlier. otherwise, if that happens, I'll be totally clueless what to do.

LoVeS

huh? yah lor..why must you pay for both? shldn't u pay only for what you used in the end?

thanks for all your replies. guess i'm not exactly too late. I didn't go for antenatal classes, so don't have a birth plan either. maybe I'm too jin zhang, but I just thought that this kind of thing should at least have some sort of discussion ard 30-32 wks, just in case the baby comes out earlier. otherwise, if that happens, I'll be totally clueless what to do.
actually u dun need to go thru antenatal classes in order to knw wat birth plan u wanted. If u wan fast way is c-section lor coz u dun need to wait for labour or go thru duno HOW MANY HRS of labour then u get to see ur bb which i choose c-section as i am kan chiong mummy dun like waiting.

U

usoowsin9

newhostlist.com

A site, Latest and most sever space and domain name provider list with detailed introduction on combo about each sever space as well as domain name companies. Please click for confirmation! And the website is:Newhostlist.COM