When to start packing for Delivery?

Hi mummies, can't remember when to start packing for Delivery. Can anyone share. Is it too early to pack now Im due end June.

apollo

i haven start packing.. my hubby has been "pestering" me to pack the bag with his help asap cos scare will forget.. hehe.. the TMC booklet I got says to pack 4weeks b4 edd.. but it's nv too early to prepare..

Frenchkitty

Most books recommend packing 1 mth before due date.
Even the Admission guide sent to me by Mt A also advised to pack 1 mth before EDD.
Actually also nothing much to pack... Just 2 sets of night clothes (if you dont wish to wear hosp gown), 1 set of going home clothes, toiletries, baby's clothes.. that's about it.

snowbear

Hi mummies, can't remember when to start packing for Delivery. Can anyone share. Is it too early to pack now Im due end June.
better to have it packed 1 month b4 EDD. I went for routine checkup at 37 weeks and was warded immediately. Fortunately my hospital bag was already in the car....

i haven start packing.. my hubby has been "pestering" me to pack the bag with his help asap cos scare will forget.. hehe.. the TMC booklet I got says to pack 4weeks b4 edd.. but it's nv too early to prepare..
ive received the booklet too. the form inside they ask to fill and send back is the pre registration form right? if we fill and send back then no need to go down pre register le right?
wa.. so many things to bring. bedroom slippers can dont bring ba. no use. cardigan or dressing gown do what one? cannot wear the hospital gown meh? so ma fan...... see liao ownself gan jiong.........

apollo

ive received the booklet too. the form inside they ask to fill and send back is the pre registration form right? if we fill and send back then no need to go down pre register le right?
wa.. so many things to bring. bedroom slippers can dont bring ba. no use. cardigan or dressing gown do what one? cannot wear the hospital gown meh? so ma fan...... see liao ownself gan jiong.........
ya just send bk dun nd go down.. i wont bring bedroom slipper lo i will bring those beach slipper so can wear into the toilet cos i taking 4bedded mah... those visitors sure will use patient's toilet de so wear slipper better...

heard tt TMC dun provide hospital gown leh.. bring la unless u dun mind naked.. or u use towel/blanket wrap la.

when u receive the booklet de?? i just receivefew days ago leh.. ur edd 2 weeks later den me hw come same time receive?? LOL..

Lotus

It's usual to pack about 1 month before EDD.

But I also had list of definite essentials I would need immediately, just in case I went in early and my husband had to pack. Who knows what he would bring for me? So I had everything noted so he just had to grab them which requires little thinking and effort from him.

ya just send bk dun nd go down.. i wont bring bedroom slipper lo i will bring those beach slipper so can wear into the toilet cos i taking 4bedded mah... those visitors sure will use patient's toilet de so wear slipper better...

heard tt TMC dun provide hospital gown leh.. bring la unless u dun mind naked.. or u use towel/blanket wrap la.

when u receive the booklet de?? i just receivefew days ago leh.. ur edd 2 weeks later den me hw come same time receive?? LOL..
huh. walao. then can i bring my tweety bird pyjamas.. the dress kind de. you know those short sleeve pasa malam everytime alot with cartoon character kind? that one more comfy to me leh... think gotta go buy liao. towels also need to bring?
i now keep nail cutter in my bag. when on the way go in cut my nails. so that after deliver carry baby no need scare poke or scratch him. haha.
actually. see people like many things to bring. i seriously dont what to bring leh. everything like not important. they got provide toothbrush toothpaste?
i receive last week leh. you got go the hospital tour ma?

apollo

huh. walao. then can i bring my tweety bird pyjamas.. the dress kind de. you know those short sleeve pasa malam everytime alot with cartoon character kind? that one more comfy to me leh... think gotta go buy liao. towels also need to bring?
i now keep nail cutter in my bag. when on the way go in cut my nails. so that after deliver carry baby no need scare poke or scratch him. haha.
actually. see people like many things to bring. i seriously dont what to bring leh. everything like not important. they got provide toothbrush toothpaste?
can la!! who will go and see and comment ur pyjamas?? mine hello kitty somemore! LOL!

actu i also dunno whether to bring towel n toothpaste anot but i think i'll bring lo esp toothpaste cos i got sensitive teeth..

no i didnt go for the tour cos i scare later see the 1bedded den will tempted to get 1bedded.. so just settle on 4bedded.. hehe..

can la!! who will go and see and comment ur pyjamas?? mine hello kitty somemore! LOL!

actu i also dunno whether to bring towel n toothpaste anot but i think i'll bring lo esp toothpaste cos i got sensitive teeth..

no i didnt go for the tour cos i scare later see the 1bedded den will tempted to get 1bedded.. so just settle on 4bedded.. hehe..
i feel like going leh. but cant. cause the timing not right.
you pack yrs ready? or think of what you gonna bring ready? share share? i ask my mama she everytime say still early still early..........

pokemon97

bring the pyjamas with front opening button if u intend to breastfeed..

CJmom

Your hubby pester to help is good. Mine is the "take-it-easy" attitude, say anything need, he will drive back to get for me so he didnt bother with the packing. I had packed 1 month before for myself and hubby.

CJmom

Better early than late. If u start now, in case anything left out, you can still pack it in or go and buy. But seriously don't have to be too kiasu to bring too much. Depending on which hospital you delivering, some provide the gown, toiletries, disposable panties and sanitary pads. Bedroom slippers not necessary, slippers will do so long as those rubber type so that it is waterproof and you can wear it to the toilet. So basically just bring
1) towel (if you intend to bathe),
2) going home clothes (or if u dun mind, the one you wear to the hospital also can),
3) breast pumps if dun want to rent from the hospital,
4) handphone charger, camera or u handphone will do,
5) and of course your hubby's stuffs (clothes, toiletries, towel, etc, if he's staying over).

If you already thought of a name for ur baby and want to register at the hospital, then bring along your marriage cert.

Last edited:

apollo

Your hubby pester to help is good. Mine is the "take-it-easy" attitude, say anything need, he will drive back to get for me so he didnt bother with the packing. I had packed 1 month before for myself and hubby.
u noe y he wanna pack for me? cos he noe i'll overpack with useless stuffs and forget to put those impt stuffs into my bag.. LOL! tt's y even when we go out, he'll always check my bag.. LOL

apollo

oh btw nd to bring breast pump ah??? i tot once 2-3 days no milk yet?? if we pump out the milk, the hospital will keep for us??

apollo

i feel like going leh. but cant. cause the timing not right.
you pack yrs ready? or think of what you gonna bring ready? share share? i ask my mama she everytime say still early still early..........
my mama keep ask me go pack liao dun lazy.. LOL..

i will be bringing:

-towel
-disposable panties
-2-3 button pyjamas
-sanitary pad (cos i more used to using my own den the hospital wan)
-toothbrush, paste
-comb, rubberband, hairband
-slipper, socks
-shower gel
-BB's clothes for discharge
-laptop (so can share with u whether tmc food nice anot)

tt's wat i can think of co far..only dunno if nd to bring breast pump anot cos heard tt 1st few days no milk wor..

my mama keep ask me go pack liao dun lazy.. LOL..

i will be bringing:

-towel
-disposable panties
-2-3 button pyjamas
-sanitary pad (cos i more used to using my own den the hospital wan)
-toothbrush, paste
-comb, rubberband, hairband
-slipper, socks
-shower gel
-BB's clothes for discharge
-laptop (so can share with u whether tmc food nice anot)

tt's wat i can think of co far..only dunno if nd to bring breast pump anot cos heard tt 1st few days no milk wor..
wa.. ok.. the tmc booklet say they provide wrapping towel. tat one can bring hm not..
why you bring until so many pyjamas....
need to go buy pad liao. i also used to my own brand. the super thick n long machiam pampers kind.
think i just bring one button pyjamas, toothbrush and paste, phone charger. comb my bag sure will have one. they dont have shower gel one ah. but after deliver also cant shower le ma.. ohya. keep thinking of my own thing. forgot bb's clothing. haha. think thats about all ba..

Better early than late. If u start now, in case anything left out, you can still pack it in or go and buy. But seriously don't have to be too kiasu to bring too much. Depending on which hospital you delivering, some provide the gown, toiletries, disposable panties and sanitary pads. Bedroom slippers not necessary, slippers will do so long as those rubber type so that it is waterproof and you can wear it to the toilet. So basically just bring
1) towel (if you intend to bathe),
2) going home clothes (or if u dun mind, the one you wear to the hospital also can),
3) breast pumps if dun want to rent from the hospital,
4) handphone charger, camera or u handphone will do,
5) and of course your hubby's stuffs (clothes, toiletries, towel, etc, if he's staying over).

If you already thought of a name for ur baby and want to register at the hospital, then bring along your marriage cert.
tmc dont provide towel?
im quite lazy. so gonna try bring as little thing as possible..

apollo

wa.. ok.. the tmc booklet say they provide wrapping towel. tat one can bring hm not..
why you bring until so many pyjamas....
need to go buy pad liao. i also used to my own brand. the super thick n long machiam pampers kind.
think i just bring one button pyjamas, toothbrush and paste, phone charger. comb my bag sure will have one. they dont have shower gel one ah. but after deliver also cant shower le ma.. ohya. keep thinking of my own thing. forgot bb's clothing. haha. think thats about all ba..
cos most likely i'll be going c-sect mah den is c-sect gonna stay 3nights so bring 3 lo.. i also v kiasu de...i sensitive skin cannot anyhow use shower gel so bring my own.. hehe.. actu i think they got provide bb's clothes but they dun wash it lo, just brand new de..

cos most likely i'll be going c-sect mah den is c-sect gonna stay 3nights so bring 3 lo.. i also v kiasu de...i sensitive skin cannot anyhow use shower gel so bring my own.. hehe.. actu i think they got provide bb's clothes but they dun wash it lo, just brand new de..
ohh.. like that better to bring own baby clothes. just in case la. i bought one cheap cheap pyjamas. front button kind. just for the stupid hospital. think will quite funny to lift up the gown in the hospital.