When to start packing for Delivery?

sharonyi66

When start to pack hospital bag?

Hi Mummies,

I've just stepped into my 3rd trimester on last sat! Although this is my 2nd born, I still need a little refresh on certain things.

When do you mummies start to pack your hospital and usually what you will be bring along?

As for my 1st pregnancy, i brought along short and normal sleeveless top to wear for discharge from hospital as I dunno i'm consider doing confinement right after baby is born! So ended up my mil brought for my long sleeve top and long pants to wear for discharge. :embarrassed:

And, do you wear for newborn romper or 2 piece type for discharge?

Triquetra

Re: When start to pack hospital bag?

I shall be 34 weeks pregnant tomorrow and I have not packed the hospital bag (I have not even bought the bag itself). My mom keeps warning me about the possibility of delivering earlier cause this is my first pregnancy and I told her that I feel bb's head seems to be "dropping" lower (she's already positioned down since 28+ weeks).

I have already listed out the things to be packed:
- 1 set of clothes for myself
- 1 set of clothes for bb
- blanket for bb (to be used when bringing her back)
- 1 or 2 bib(s)
- baby wipes
- disposable panties
- maternity pads
- nursing pads
- story book/magazines
- handphone charger
- pen (needed to record feeding time)

jasobias

Hi Mummies,

I've just stepped into my 3rd trimester on last sat! Although this is my 2nd born, I still need a little refresh on certain things.

When do you mummies start to pack your hospital and usually what you will be bring along?

As for my 1st pregnancy, i brought along short and normal sleeveless top to wear for discharge from hospital as I dont know i'm consider doing confinement right after baby is born! So ended up my mother in law brought for my long sleeve top and long pants to wear for discharge. :embarrassed:

And, do you wear for newborn romper or 2 piece type for discharge?
Me i have been lazy this time,I am usually packed by the 34 week.Will wait till at least this fri at 36 weeks to pack.I am on watch for preterm labor n my gynae had said tht babies born at 36 weeks dont even need extra care.So as not to jinx it i will pack it only at 36 weeks..few more days to go!!:Dancing_tongue:

Have made a list though
1)nursing gown
2)panties
3)pads
4)face wash
5)sweater
6)socks
7)sweets-to avoid bad breath..hehehheh
8)Hp Charger
9)babys romper
10)mittens
11)babys blanket
12)n my clothes to go home

redjn

the early mummies already give u the check list so all u need to do is start packing fm 34 -35 week. Is also good to print out the list & stick it as a visible area just in case bb comes earlier than except date then hubby or family member can help base on the list to pack for u :). Guess when did I pack my.... 1 day b4 my delivery (I delivered my boy 1 wk earlier than the due date due to a sudden high pressure so a C-section is required immediate)

bellerichez

the early mummies already give you the check list so all you need to do is start packing fm 34 -35 week. Is also good to print out the list & stick it as a visible area just in case baby comes earlier than except date then hubby or family member can help base on the list to pack for you :). Guess when did I pack my.... 1 day before my delivery (I delivered my boy 1 wk earlier than the due date due to a sudden high pressure so a C-section is required immediate)

WOW. 1 day before your delivery. I already start to kan chiong like what i need to bring and what i need to buy. Cos some say TMC provide this some say TMC don't provide this so Dunno is to bring or not to bring.

sharonyi66

the early mummies already give you the check list so all you need to do is start packing fm 34 -35 week. Is also good to print out the list & stick it as a visible area just in case baby comes earlier than except date then hubby or family member can help base on the list to pack for you :). Guess when did I pack my.... 1 day before my delivery (I delivered my boy 1 wk earlier than the due date due to a sudden high pressure so a C-section is required immediate)
Yes yes! it's really a good idea to print out e list in case i really gotto deliver early so my family will not be blur during last minute! I never think of this at all!! Think i'll need to start shopping for stuffs that i do not have previously.
Thank u so much all...

Yes yes! it's really a good idea to print out e list in case i really gotto deliver early so my family will not be blur during last minute! I never think of this at all!! Think i'll need to start shopping for stuffs that i do not have previously.
Thank you so much all...

tat's wat i did...i've already key in all the items to be packed in my iphone once i entered 3rd trimester...then inform my hubby just in case i deliver early n have not pack yet, the list is in my phn..cannot rely on hubby to pack without the list..he's sure to forget stuff..btw, i do key in the list of things for hubby as well since he'll be staying with me in the hosp...

sharonyi66

that's what i did...i've already key in all the items to be packed in my iphone once i entered 3rd trimester...then inform my hubby just in case i deliver early and have not pack yet, the list is in my phn..cannot rely on hubby to pack without the list..he's sure to forget stuff..btw, i do key in the list of things for hubby as well since he'll be staying with me in the hospital...
Strongly agree with u! Cannot rely on hubby to pack without e list. He will juz grab whatever he see in the cupboard and bring to hospital or forget this, forget that BUT will never forget to bring DS Lite along! He has been reminding me to bring e game into the delivery suite!!!! :001_07:

Ting

think i packed abt 2-3 weeks b4 my EDD.

for baby:
-1 set of baby's clothes (2 pc)
-mittens
-receiving blanket
-hankie
-wet wipes.

myself:
-1 set of new clothes
-paper panties
-toothbrush
-sanitary pads
-towel (face n body)
-slippers
-HP charger (i forgot n my phone went dead after i delivered!)
-soap.shampoo,facewash (optional to see if u wan to shower)
-jacket/sweater.
-some snacks like biscuits in case u r hungry.

actually, wet wipes, diaper n sanitary pads the hosp will provide to u.
cos i did rcv them after i delivered in my ward.

sharonyi66

Oh ya, think we missed out the most impt thing.... camera! Must capture the sweet moments..

bellerichez

Sorry off track abit. Just wondering does anyone knows whether Kandang Kerbau Hospital wards, A1 and B1 have wireless so I could be online throughout the stay.
You want to bring your laptop there and upload your baby pic asap itzzit? Cos too excited then want to share it with all your friends? Good idea. But i think after giving birth we will be too tired liao.

Ting

haha. no , just want to kill time. Afraid I'll be very.bored when there's nobody around.. At leasst can online and chat . :D
but i think u will be too exhausted to sit up.
for me, lucky for me is by the time im in the ward, visiting hours almost up so my relatives all went back after a while.
i just went strat to lala land....