when to start?

joanneang

hi mommies,
when can i start cooking fish or meatin his porridge for my boy? he is now 7mth,today i just start giving him porridge,i put carrot,potato,pumkin,spiniach..he seem to love it so much..i fed him a bowl,that's quite alot.he burp many times,sleep but wake up cried i quickly carry him out,carry him walk ard the hse n he burp again....but after 2hrs he cried for milk, no choice i fed him again..but i scared i overfed him,how? did mommies experince this before?

apollo

When ds was ard tt age, he will wan milk 1 hr aft porridge/cereal, and i just gave him. when he is abit older, able to take more porridge den we slowly drag to 2 hrs den give him milk. at this age, milk is very impt to them. giving solid food is just to let them try out diffe types of foods and texture. =)

I introduced fish to ds when he was abt 6mth+, i noe some parents only intro fishes aft 9-12mth old. as for meat, i gave him minced pork when he was ard 9mth old.

redjn

For this early stage, I would advice u start with fish 1st. Just need to mince it for the porridge. Meat still a bit too hard.

Renzie

It should be alright, they know when they are hungry.

Sometimes after a filling meal or so we thought, she'll be hungry again after 2 hours. I only introduce fish to her when she hit 8 months. Before that was veg, fruits, rice, cereal.