When to wash breast pump and milk bottles

BB Tigger

Hi mummies

When do you start washing/cleaning your breast pump and milk bottles to prepare for the arrival of your precious one?

Do you need to sterilise them?

liz2010

you must do it when baby is born. You need to sterilize everything til baby is 6 months old, even the tongs. Once sterilized, you must use them within 24h... well, this is what I did to avoid any contamination.

BB Tigger

you must do it when baby is born. You need to sterilize everything til baby is 6 months old, even the tongs. Once sterilized, you must use them within 24h... well, this is what I did to avoid any contamination.
Thanks, liz2010.

Do you use breast pump? Do you sterilise them before using it for the 1st time too?

apollo

sterilise only when the bb is coming hm from hospital. but must rmb to get someone in the hse to sterilise b4 bb comes hm in case he nd milk anytime.

and yes, nd to sterilise aft every feeds. i used to prepare ard 3 bottles. each time use 1 and aft the 3 bottles being useed up i will sterilise tgt. but usually aft we used the 2nd one, we will sterilise all 3 again in case we accidentally drop the teat and dun hav spare one.

BB Tigger

sterilise only when the baby is coming hm from hospital. but must rmb to get someone in the house to sterilise before baby comes hm in case he need milk anytime.

and yes, need to sterilise after every feeds. i used to prepare around 3 bottles. each time use 1 and after the 3 bottles being useed up i will sterilise together. but usually after we used the 2nd one, we will sterilise all 3 again in case we accidentally drop the teat and dont hav spare one.
yes, sterilise for the 1st use as well
Thanks, apollo and liz2010 :001_302: