When will baby sleep thru the night?

Seems like most unable-to-zzz-thru-the-night babies here wake up for milk.

Any Mummies of babies here who wake up several times a night but NOT for milk?

My child is 14mths and wakes up at least twice a night, sometimes up to 5 times...! I weaned her off night feeds at 7.5mths, so it's definitely not for milk. She wants me to pat her back to sleep.

It's really tiring and frustrating.
My boy is almost 13mths now confirm wake up once a night. bout 20 mins after he sleep. he would wake up crying, might due to nightmare. i carry and give him water. some nights he could wake up 2-3 times, open his eyes and cryin. so i just ensure him tht mummy is bside him and hug him to slp.

i think they just need the closeness as in body warm which makes them feel secure.

My boy is almost 13mths now confirm wake up once a night. bout 20 mins after he sleep. he would wake up crying, might due to nightmare. i carry and give him water. some nights he could wake up 2-3 times, open his eyes and cryin. so i just ensure him tht mummy is bside him and hug him to sleep.

i think they just need the closeness as in body warm which makes them feel secure.
baby learn very fast one ...if u hug him every time he cries at nite...then i think he will probably be waking every nite. i guess is ok to pamper our beloved baby...but just don't make it a habit...or else we will be a slave to them...heehee.

dflora

my 15 mth old boy is also having same problem. He has been eating well on solids. He still need night feeding on average of every 3 hours.

I tried diluting his milk, thinking it could be just habitual and he could wean off eventually... But he cried for more milk at a shorter interval. So I thought maybe he is genuinely hungry so I gave in. Advises from some experienced mummies told me to add cereal in his milk. Thinking that he is already more than 1 yr old, as long I dont add too much cereal to his milk, I dont think he will be choked while drinking. But it didnt work too...

Now my no. 2 is due anytime soon. I am concern on how to cope with 2 kids crying for milk.. Though my hubby can help with the elder one but we've been suffering from lack of sleep since the first birth... I can't imagine having 2..

Stressed out.

Ashbaby

Ds slpt thru the night at abt 2 months old. Babies need to be trained to slp thru the night. On a good gauge, baby should slp thru the night at 6 months old.

annie

for me, i jsut let her cry when she wakes up for feeds. giving up one feed at a time..

Ting

pin slpt thru the night from 1 mth plus, nvr train her, she self trained to slp. usually from 8-9pm til next morning 8am? if earlier would be say 6am+ but after one feed she goes back to slp til 9am then wake up "officially".
:)

camom

My 22 mth old tod just started sleeping through the night recently. I guess it's an individual thing. My elder gal slept thru from abt 6 weeks onwards.

annie

wah camom, tat must have been tough on u since u had a girl who slept through at 6 weeks before your boy! my girl now 20mths is still waking up.. she sleeps 930pm-530 or 6 am actually for the first feed since 5.5mths old but then bout 3mths ago she started waking up at 430am asking for milk and i just give it to her. recently i try to drag her milk time and it seems to be working so far.. i just tell her i wil give her mik in the morning n she will ask for water instead and go back to sleep. so these 2 weeks ive been giving her only water until 730 or 8am in the morning then i give her milk.. sometimes she sleep back and wake up only at 10 plus but sometimes she drinks and wake up for the day.. still trying to drag her as long as i can for her morning feed till i can totally let her wean off her morning feed.. hehe

camom

Annie, that was a culture shock for us, lol. We were so conditioned with our elder gal cos she was an easy baby to look after.

annie

yea man.. i would have lost patient with my son if i were u since im 'train' by my easy elder girl lol

snowbear

It's really up to the individual! Some kids don't sleep through the night till a few years old while some start sleeping through in the first month!

It also has to do with what time you put your kid to bed. Are you putting her to sleep too early? Monitor her pattern of sleep and see how many hours she can z at a go in the night and adjust accordingly?

Frenchkitty

my son is 14mth old n hes been waking 2-3x at night since 9mths old. Hes realllly hungry cos he drinks up 250ml or abt 7oz of milk every night!
So what we do now is make ready a full 250ml bottle n put @ his bedside. When he wakes up he will take it n drink up and go back to sleep. he takes 3 full meals daily n gets snacks of bread n fruits in btwn so i think i jus got a very famished baby

jasmine100

Hello Mummies,

My baby is 12 months old and still wake up for feeds at least once or twice during the night. She is now eating quite well during the day (3 solid meals) and a couple of healthy snacks (bananas and other fruits) and still BF... I've been looking forward to her full night sleep but it still not happen... Would highly appreciate if mummies could share your experience on this.

Thanks,
:confused:
hi, all my 3 girls never wake up at night when they were 2 mths plus,
dont let her sleep too much in the afternoon. so that you can sleep well.

seepia

Hi, my boy is 7.5 mths old. he sleeps from 8pm till 3am-ish. then he will wake up and ask for milk before sleeping back (usually at 5am) how can i make him sleep thru till morning at least 6am? thanks.

precious gift

My baby wakes up one time for night feed. I have a friend who has big challenge now. Her baby wakes up every hour. Is there any solution for her baby? Anyone know?

aprilaries20

My boy is 22 mths and i'm puzzle why recently he tends to wake up in the middle of the nite crying, not for milk but wanting me to carry him and sleep in our bed instead of his own cot. This only happen lately .....for the past 2 mths, before that, he able to sleep in his own cot from 9-10pm to 5+ am.
He crys with eyes open most of the time, cannot be having nightmare every night rite?
I noticed he has a few teeth popping out and thought might be due to that but it seems that he just want to sleep close to us esp me. Sigh, not sure when then he able to pass thru this phase, i hope is the teething prob and not a habit for him to cry and want to sleep with us.
Any mummies has facing the same prob? How long will this "teething process" last?
TIA.