When will know the gender of the bb?

raeka

They scan and check alot . especially baby heart beat , kidney , hands legs finger not so as baby always close it. spine bone , check baby face the eyes, nose, mouth the mouth there got unusual or not.
Thar's all i can remember for a 2D scan.
3D scan is to see ur baby face early nothing else liaos.

newbie2009

They scan and check alot . especially baby heart beat , kidney , hands legs finger not so as baby always close it. spine bone , check baby face the eyes, nose, mouth the mouth there got unusual or not.
Thar's all i can remember for a 2D scan.
3D scan is to see ur baby face early nothing else liaos.
Thanx for the tips. Will take notes of all these when I do my detail scan on the 20th week.

What is involved in the detail scan?

baby's head circumference, baby's skeletal details, spine length, heart size & beat rate, leg length (from groin to thigh, then knee to feet), feet size, making sure all ten fingers "available", making sure all ten toes, sometimes the radiologist will try to wake baby up if he's sleeping just to make sure when baby moves his movements are fine & don't signal anything wrong, etc etc

if most of ur gynae visits have always been to check standard things (scan also once in a while), the detailed scan is when you can see the profile of your baby's face very clearly. not the face but the profile. also when the radiologist scans your baby's face you will see a frontal scan of his facial skeleton so u'll see how far apart his eyes are, whether his nose got bridge or not, how pointed his chin is etc.

it's all very exciting =)

but don't take the radiologist casual comments to heart lah. during my detailed scan my radiologist said my bb had a button nose (i.e. not sharp), but when he came out he had quite a high bridge, so with some "tweaking" & practise he stands a good chance of having a sharp nose =)

newbie2009

baby's head circumference, baby's skeletal details, spine length, heart size & beat rate, leg length (from groin to thigh, then knee to feet), feet size, making sure all ten fingers "available", making sure all ten toes, sometimes the radiologist will try to wake baby up if he's sleeping just to make sure when baby moves his movements are fine & don't signal anything wrong, etc etc

if most of ur gynae visits have always been to check standard things (scan also once in a while), the detailed scan is when you can see the profile of your baby's face very clearly. not the face but the profile. also when the radiologist scans your baby's face you will see a frontal scan of his facial skeleton so u'll see how far apart his eyes are, whether his nose got bridge or not, how pointed his chin is etc.

it's all very exciting =)

but don't take the radiologist casual comments to heart lah. during my detailed scan my radiologist said my bb had a button nose (i.e. not sharp), but when he came out he had quite a high bridge, so with some "tweaking" & practise he stands a good chance of having a sharp nose =)
wow all these detail explanation got me excited for my detail scan. so everything ok for your pregnancy so far?