When will the enhanced maternity leave be mandatory

elysia

Although Government push forward the date to 17th August, they did not make it mandatory yet so from 17th Aug till the legislation is being passed, companies can don't give the additional 4th month, though they are strongly encouraged to give. This is of no use to mothers working in small companies where they are short of resources and staff are not allowed to go on leave for too long, not to mention 4 months of maternity leave.

And this is happening to me and I feel so unfair. My EDD is 18/09/2008 but my company is not giving me the additional 4th month of maternity leave as it is not mandatory yet. :Dancing_furious::realmad::we2arghh:

Is any mummies or mummies to be encountering such problem?

Ah Cheng

NO leh, I didnt hear that the 4th month leave cannot be activated now.

But for my case, I will be back office taking 2 months maternity leave first. My boss wants me to go back earlier cos is peak period. Then slowly clear the 3th and 4th month next year.

Maybe is your company need time to re-set up the new system for the 4th month?

badtzzz

my company did not mention about not giving the 4th month..but they are just asking me to submit the old GML form which is for 3 mths. Since the new form yet to be publish on the web. I just have to pray hard and see what my company wants to implement since it's a big company so there's so many procedures to follow, before having a proper document for the ML policy

the 3rd and 4th mth is flexible...probably u wan to urge on that point with your current co.

lonerjas

Got ah i got this prob... If you all visit the website to read up, 4th mth ML is voluntary till law is officially pass so most companies are not giving...

The only thing u benefit from the WEF 17 aug is extra BB bonus $$ thats all...

my EDD is 25 oct, my HR say the law may pass early oct or end oct. But so long i deliver after the law passed i will auto get the 4th mth... but currently they ask me fill up the govt ML form apply 3mths 1st...

I hope they can faster pass the law so i no need tink so much...

elysia

Got ah i got this prob... If you all visit the website to read up, 4th mth ML is voluntary till law is officially pass so most companies are not giving...

The only thing u benefit from the WEF 17 aug is extra BB bonus $$ thats all...

my EDD is 25 oct, my HR say the law may pass early oct or end oct. But so long i deliver after the law passed i will auto get the 4th mth... but currently they ask me fill up the govt ML form apply 3mths 1st...

I hope they can faster pass the law so i no need tink so much...

Sigh... so you also have the same problem as me. But lucky your EDD is later than mine so your chances of getting the 4th month is alot higher than mine.

elysia

my company did not mention about not giving the 4th month..but they are just asking me to submit the old GML form which is for 3 mths. Since the new form yet to be publish on the web. I just have to pray hard and see what my company wants to implement since it's a big company so there's so many procedures to follow, before having a proper document for the ML policy

the 3rd and 4th mth is flexible...probably u wan to urge on that point with your current co.
No use. my company already say follow the law....... so if it is not compulsory then it is not considered approved for the 4th month....

lonerjas

Sigh... so you also have the same problem as me. But lucky your EDD is later than mine so your chances of getting the 4th month is alot higher than mine.

Tis is my 2nd preggy if i don early labour i suppose my chances are high...

Let's keep fingers cross man:shyxxx:

badtzzz

my HR not so bad bahz..the HR boss email me that they have forward the case to the corporate higher lvl to look into this new ML policy...Hmmm, at least they are doing something now to the policy before more pregnant mummies come to them again....hahaha..

looking on a brighter side...hehhe

January84

wow!!! not bad ley. . . .

my co is now doing the ML and CCL together will said will release news in Oct. . . .

happy new mummy

Hi, my EDD will be on 18 Nov, however, my HR said I'm not entitled to the 6 Days childcare leave in 2008, as after delivery the 16 weeks maternity leaves ends in mid-Mar09, thus cant utilised 2008 childcare leave. Anyone has such problems. Kindly advice.:err:

lonerjas

Hi, my EDD will be on 18 Nov, however, my HR said I'm not entitled to the 6 Days childcare leave in 2008, as after delivery the 16 weeks maternity leaves ends in mid-Mar09, thus cant utilised 2008 childcare leave. Anyone has such problems. Kindly advice.:err:

hello, if you have been reading the thread just to let you know Yes 16wk ML is not compulsory yet till Govt officially pass the law in early or end oCt.. So not a big problem to u since EDD is NOV..

Yes govt will make it compulsory but not now. Even thou WEF is 17 Aug but offical law have no passed down yet. So we are all waiting.

I have this problem too. My hr is not going to give the 4th month leave until the govt pass the law. So I called MOM & ask. They say the law should be passed in Oct. Lets keep our fingers crossed.