When will the pregnancy start to show??

ihmdweh

Hello Mummies..

Just wondering when will tummies start bulging out and become noticeable? 4 months? 5 months?

BeingSingle

Hello Mummies..

Just wondering when will tummies start bulging out and become noticeable? 4 months? 5 months?
if its your 1st baby, than probably around 3mths+, near to 4mths....
if its not your 1st baby, likely to show around 2-3mths...

Carisella

Hello Mummies..

my tummy only starting to show a bit at 5 1/2 months .. u want BIG BIG bulging hor.. i think for first time mommy.. 9 months might look like 6 to 7 months

My first pregnancy , I only started to show at 6 mths n after tat it will balloon! Hahaa nobody knows I'm preg till i was bout 6 mths. But this current pregnancy my tummy looks bloated aldy! 14 weeks now. Like overload with chocolate n ice cream..

XenXuan

Different people will be different.. For me,1st pregnancy showed tummy at 5mths,looks like I'm fat at tummy than pregnant..tummy was small,many said I looked like only 6mths pregnant when I was going to give birth the next day.. Now 2nd pregnancy,tummy started showing at 3mths already,now less than 2mths to EDD,my tummy is already bigger than my previous pregnancy.. I can't fit into some of my maternity/transition dresses already..

ihmdweh

I'm 26 weeks and not showing at all.....

Wow! This is my first pregnancy. At 8 weeks, i feel that i'm losing my waistline already ... not that its showing to the external world but i don't know why i'm growing sideways (without any weight gain at all!!)

AND I DON'T WANT TO ANNOUNCE SO SOON!!!!!! just started my new job 1 month ago.. cannot afford not to get confirmed and get dismissed because of my pregnancy :(

Wow! This is my first pregnancy. At 8 weeks, i feel that i'm losing my waistline already ... not that its showing to the external world but i don't know why i'm growing sideways (without any weight gain at all!!)

AND I DON'T WANT TO ANNOUNCE SO SOON!!!!!! just started my new job 1 month ago.. cannot afford not to get confirmed and get dismissed because of my pregnancy :(
I was just called for an interview..but they know I am pregnant and due in august. So i told them i don't need the maternity 4 months leave. just 1 month of unpay. 1st pregnancy..some ppl grow front some side. I am growing towards the back. that's why not really showing but my back aches like crazy.

lyra

Mine isn't very obvious yet but I can't fit into my usual office pants already. Ppl guess from the way I dress now. Dresses and comfy pants etc.

I also have backaches but still attending the election rallies! Woohoo! Attending another one tonite!

Edwinie

the skinnier u r, the more it will show.

i joined aqua aerobics and we were comparing tummies (swimming costume, easier to compare. lol!). i was 6 mths and my tummy was as big as some1 who is 4 mths.. coz i'm fatter so i think fats can be compressed easily so it won't bulge so much. hehe!

i think if i step into the mrt then, no1 will give seat to me coz they can't tell is it i fat or pregnant.. that's y no1 give their seat to me until it's really obvious at ard 7+ months. >.<

Triquetra

For my first pregnancy my tummy only show like 6 months onward? For my current (second pregnancy), my tummy is already very big from 2 months onwards... initially I still thought I am carrying twins =.="

this my first i onli started showing when i'm close to 6 months =X previous months was jus bloated like jus after having meals.. as long as bby doing well no worries abt tummy size.. i also ask my gynae last friday y my tummy look small compared to others.. he told me "na dun worry so much different ppl have different size as long as bby healthy everything dun have to worry so much" but my husband always like to compare my stomach to other ppl.. he keep saying why others so big n sharp urs okok onli.. i tell him not good meh.. can slim down more easier.. will not have too much loose skin also lol.. jus keep an open mind will do =)

hotmilktea

my first too... tummy showing at week 13 now. before that was just bloated, and also i am "fat-based" to begin with ... ke ke ke :p

babybull

My first pregnancy only showed at 7 months. Everyone guessed I'm having a boy cos I didn't look pregnant from the back view even at 40 weeks! Still had a waist and skinny arms and legs. And even then my tummy was very small, during labour, the midwives were commenting on how tiny my tummy was for a full term 40 week baby - I looked like most ppl at 6-7 mths. Anyway my first kid is a girl, so the old wives' tales are wrong!

This time round, 2nd pregnancy its obvious now at 18 weeks. =)

Last edited:

Amulet

Mine start to show wen I in my 4th month.. It just seems to grow overnight n balloon up very quickly.. By 7th month, I looks 9 months pregnant.. Really gigantic..

XenXuan

My first pregnancy only showed at 7 months. Everyone guessed I'm having a boy cos I didn't look pregnant from the back view even at 40 weeks! Still had a waist and skinny arms and legs. And even then my tummy was very small, during labour, the midwives were commenting on how tiny my tummy was for a full term 40 week baby - I looked like most ppl at 6-7 mths. Anyway my first kid is a girl, so the old wives' tales are wrong!

This time round, 2nd pregnancy its obvious now at 18 weeks. =)
Many said 2nd pregnancy onwards,tummy will easily show up v soon n much bigger tummy than 1st pregnancy..not sure how true it is for others,but for me it sure is this way.. I'm guessing issit bcuz our tummy surrounding skins n tissues have been stretched by 1st pregnancy,so 2nd pregnancy(onwards) will easily stretch around n show up faster? Like 1st pregnancy needs to stretch n change to adapt to pregnancy that's why show up slower/lesser?

babybull

yah i think so too.... even though my tummy went back to its original flatness, i felt a bit upset that i'm showing so fast this time round cos then i'm stuck with feeling heavier for a longer time! =(