Where/How to buy cheapest Air Tickets?

veronica

To where??

If you want to travel on SQ, can book direct since their fare is transparent now. If you go to travel agent, they will charge you service fee on top of the SQ fares.

LoVeS

Depend on how much u willing to pay. If u wan the cheapest of coz u can go by budget airlines like jetasia or tigerairway. Most of the price u see online or others they havent include airport tax n etc etc which can b 100-200+ more.

If ur not going very far places like thai or hongkong i suggest u get budget airline instead, why spend so much on air tix when u can haf more budget to spend when u go oversea shopping or etc?

I am going phuket tis feb so i aso booked tigerairway tixs. Anyway it juz my own opinion, do tink abt it n compare price.

Last edited:

veronica

If you have kids or babies, I think it would be adviserable not to take budget airlines.

But if the flight is less than 2.5hrs, I won't mind too.

muman

Tried once to HongKong by Tigerairway during June. It really scared me. When the flight landing, all my family feel like riding roller coaster, heard screaming also.
Maybe because of rainy season.
But feel like never want to take budget airline any more. :(

spottycow

U want cheap then go for budget. Nothing is cheap n good....

Scared of budget then pay more for the comfort.

Very simple

LoVeS

Tried once to HongKong by Tigerairway during June. It really scared me. When the flight landing, all my family feel like riding roller coaster, heard screaming also.
Maybe because of rainy season.
But feel like never want to take budget airline any more. :(
I took tigerairway b4 too BUT to n back aso no issue at all. I tink u happen to b unlucky bah BUT then if u dun feel comfortable wif budget airline then better dun take COZ comfortable is most important UNLESS u haf tight budget.

veronica

Sigh...actually nowadays the air tickets are quite cheap, it's only the fuel surcharge that is scary.

A decade ago, our airport tax was only $25?? No fuel no war risk surcharge. Now the fuel surcharge can be equivalent to the cost of the airfare..

And it seems that it keeps increasing...in the end, i think they earn more on fuel surcharge than they earn on the airfare.

Angelmum

depends on location. Some agencies got gd lobang for a particular place and certain time so will be cheap

call and compare
Internet sometimes got gd deals

If company tappointed travel agent, can use them on excursion fare ... cheap and deliver to yr office + no need go down (for my ex-company)

Last edited:

LoVeS

Sigh...actually nowadays the air tickets are quite cheap, it's only the fuel surcharge that is scary.

A decade ago, our airport tax was only $25?? No fuel no war risk surcharge. Now the fuel surcharge can be equivalent to the cost of the airfare..

And it seems that it keeps increasing...in the end, i think they earn more on fuel surcharge than they earn on the airfare.
yalor even my recent air tix frm tigerairways for to n back tix are cheaper than airport tax n etc etc

veronica

even u buy other airline still got airport tax same one lor.
Ya lor. So ticket is cheap also no use. It comes to square one with taxes included.

Just like our maid levy. Levy reduced but maid's salary increased. Back to square one.

tamarind

I have taken tiger airways 3 times, no problem at all. In fact, I like it better than SQ. I also had very bad landings on SQ before.

I think in December the airlines will start selling heavily discounted airtickets, some as low as $0, for travel dates in the next year. You need to check regularly. Best to check after midnight or at 6am. This is because after 9am everyone logs in to book, the server will be so busy, you will not be able to access it.

For airlines other than budget airlines and SQ, call MISA travel Airfares.com.sg - Online Travel Store - Flights / AirTickets / Hotels / Cruises / Packages. They have quite good discounts.

sweeteepye

Think the answer will also be affected by your destination. I've done pretty much three things, go to the internet to search, at like zuji.com (for Korea, etc.) or priceline.com , or I buy direct from the airline website, like Tiger or Northwest (for Japan), or I buy from an agent like for Quantas (for Australia)
You can check out all three ways before settling on the best price. It depends on the ongoing promotions and deals. Sometimes one way is better than the other but not always.

Porukadotzu

Think the answer will also be affected by your destination. I've done pretty much three things, go to the internet to search, at like zuji.com (for Korea, etc.) or priceline.com , or I buy direct from the airline website, like Tiger or Northwest (for Japan), or I buy from an agent like for Quantas (for Australia)
You can check out all three ways before settling on the best price. It depends on the ongoing promotions and deals. Sometimes one way is better than the other but not always.
my hubby use zuji.com to get good deal tickets too..

you take Tiger/Northwest to Japan? i will kept that in mind, thanks!:tlaugh:

sweeteepye

my hubby use zuji.com to get good deal tickets too..

you take Tiger/Northwest to Japan? i will kept that in mind, thanks!:tlaugh:
oh no, I take northwest for Japan for Tokyo and Nagoya but keep in mind the latter is usually a 4.5 hr wait at Narita and you CANNOT come out - what a bummer. Try to catch their $399 deal. Seems the best. Even better than Zuji.com. :) But also check out if there are deals from agents for airfare and accommodations. But we just do whatever arrangements ourselves lately.

Christin4385

http://www.jetradar.com is the only place I go to search flights now, after consistently finding them to find the best deals. They don't 'promote' any particular airline, but are totally transparent, plus they include the extra fees and taxes that you know you have to pay but many other 'comparison' sites leave off. This is helpful, as you can make a fair assessment of which is the best price.

Last edited: