Where to buy spices cheap?

Discussion in 'Singapore Food Guide' started by xLioneLx, Jan 4, 2010.

1. xLioneLx

xLioneLx Alpha Male

Hi all mothers/forum members,

Like all of you, I like to cook. I mainly like eating western food so I use spices like paprika, granulated garlic (powder type), mixed pepper, coarse black pepper corn, cayenne pepper etc etc. All the frequently used spices to cook western food.

Usually, I will buy from NTUC/cold storage where they sell McCormick small spice bottles imported from USA. They are quite expensive for a small bottle so I'm thinking if there is any where else that sells these spices cheaply in SG. Any idea anyone?

I will appreciate any comments/suggestions.

Thanks!

2. pipilili

pipilili Member

Mustafa!:001_302:

3. shadowoflight

shadowoflight New Member

This is a good place to start:

Cheap Organic Spices Singapore

I bought a 470g packet of whole cloves for about US$15.

To put that into perspective, a bottle of McCormick whole cloves is about S$15 for 20g (or thereabouts)

Used them for making pomanders. I have so much leftover now I've no idea what to do with them lol.

Pomanders also needed ground nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Bought Simply Organic from the same site...for about half the price of Cold Storage incl delivery

As for the whole cloves, I got Frontier Naturals. They also got large packs for many other spices if you need them en masse.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  4. Happygal168

Happygal168 New Member

Hi where can i buy cayenne pepper in singapore? Can someone help me cos I need it urgent

5. Kweichin

Kweichin New Member

I bought from NTUC serangoon north ave 1 last Friday.
    I saw NTUC online have stock too.
    If not, iherb.com

6. Happygal168

Happygal168 New Member

Hi thank I found it at a bigger ntuc , thank kweichin

7. lara clark

lara clark New Member

you can check this place out !

Anthony The Spice Maker
    Blk 335 smith street #b1-169 Chinatown complex, 050335

i believe they'll have majority of the things youre looking for at a relatively cheap price!