where to find anti-fungal cream??

joeyz

i suspect my boy having eczema on his right feet knuckle and a red round cirlce patch on his upper back body. I tried apply ezerra cream prescribe by doc for his feet but didnt seem to hv any effect thn i bought physiogel / mustela cream, and am monitoring it.

Any mummies know where can i buy anti-fungal cream? Also, are these anti-fungal cream Popular i.e. brands are Miconazole, Clotrimazole, Ketoconazole, and Terbinafine safe to apply on babies??

Last edited:

diymummy

Hi Joeyz,

My boy gets those red circle patches too and it's rough.

The Ezerra cream you using is it a steroid cream? I'm currently using Elomet prescribed by the pd. My pd also presribed Desowen but that's not as strong so I use it when the patches appear on the face.

Physiogel is a moisturizer and it's good you're using it in conjunction with steroid craems because steroid creams are very drying in nature and could heal eczema but it might come back because of the drying of the skin.

Remember to only use the cream sparingly. If the situation don't improve in a week, do bring your baby back to the doc. Steroid creams can cause skin thinning if used continuously for a period of longer than 6 mths.

Try to keep your baby moisturised to prevent the patches from reoccuring.

Usually the patches should clear up in a week. You should be seeing improvements in 3 days from the first administration of the steroid cream.

HTH.

camom

But why do you want to buy anti fungal cream? If suspect got fungi, then better bring bb back to see doc. For a child below 1yo, I rather play safe and see doc for even minor ailments than self medicate.

joeyz

Hi Joeyz,

My boy gets those red circle patches too and it's rough.

The Ezerra cream you using is it a steroid cream? I'm currently using Elomet prescribed by the pediatrician. My pediatrician also presribed Desowen but that's not as strong so I use it when the patches appear on the face.

Physiogel is a moisturizer and it's good you're using it in conjunction with steroid craems because steroid creams are very drying in nature and could heal eczema but it might come back because of the drying of the skin.

Remember to only use the cream sparingly. If the situation dont't improve in a week, do bring your baby back to the doc. Steroid creams can cause skin thinning if used continuously for a period of longer than 6 mths.

Try to keep your baby moisturised to prevent the patches from reoccuring.

Usually the patches should clear up in a week. You should be seeing improvements in 3 days from the first administration of the steroid cream.

HTH.
well, i am not sure is it a steroid cream but it state help dryness n moisturise the skin. the doc told me it will help eczema. i m confused also as i do not hv any medical knowledge.

Thanks diymummy for clarification, now i've a better understanding of physiogel, i thought it can help curing rashes.

my boy have rough rashes around his mouth area, upper, side (right and left) and lower chin area.. tat time when i took him for his jab, the doc said it is milk rash, jus used cool boiled water to clean it, but after a month, the redness subside but my son skin around there is rough.. sigh..

diymummy

The roughness will take a while to subside.

My son gets it too. They will grow out of it. For the milk rash just remember to try to keep his mouth area clean at all times.

apollo

my son has fungus on his diaper area and pd prescribe us a cream. but the cream needs doc to prescribe, cannot buy over counter. i think better bring ur baby to a doc, get the doc to check what's wrong b4 applying any cream on him =)

PinkDiamonds

Fungus and eczema is different issue.

I think the eczema cream the doctor prescribed is either a moisturizer or hydrocortisone, which is a form of steroid cream. If the doctor thought the eczema is mild, then he may have just prescribed a very mild cream for the eczema.

I don't think you should try to self-medicate with anti-fungal cream as it may be too strong for your baby's delicate skin. If things are not improving, go back to the doctor or visit another one for a second opinion.