Where to get citric acid for descaling of milk bottle sterilizer?

lisa_ng

Anyone know where to get??
mayb you can try calling avent philips showroom.

or ebay seller
eBay.com.sg: Citric Acid Descaler for Avent Steam Steriliser (item 330326736439 end time May 08, 2009 06:38:44 SGT)

i remember i read about getting some lime juice to do the job. not sure how true.

i found this on the web.
If you have no Citric acid you can make up this solution, of 100ml vinegar mixed with 200ml cold water pour into steriliser. Allow to stand in the unit until any lime scale has dissolved.

onghelen

You can also go to the Philips showroom at Toa Payoh to get Avent ones. Think its is about $8 for 10 packs or something

annie03

Anyone know where to get??
Hi, you can use lemon juice to descale the milk bottle sterilizer.. 1 lemon can use for 2 times, half a lemon each... squeeze the lemon juice in a cup then pour into the descaling part of the sterilizer and leave it for 30mins, then wipe it away using a clean cloth then just rinse it with clean tap water and all the dirty particles will be gone, leaving ur sterilizer clean, 'slippery' free n fresh... this is one of the article that I have read it from motherhood magazine n till now i'm still using this method... try it, its quite useful and cheap too... =)

meiteoh

You can actually get some from the food section at Carrefour - citric acid is the component for Konnyaku jelly. Alternatively, lemon or vinegar does the job just nicely as well.

Goldiemum

Hi, you can use lemon juice to descale the milk bottle sterilizer.. 1 lemon can use for 2 times, half a lemon each... squeeze the lemon juice in a cup then pour into the descaling part of the sterilizer and leave it for 30mins, then wipe it away using a clean cloth then just rinse it with clean tap water and all the dirty particles will be gone, leaving your sterilizer clean, 'slippery' free n fresh... this is one of the article that I have read it from motherhood magazine n till now i'm still using this method... try it, its quite useful and cheap too... =)
Sorry for the ignorance but which part is the descaling part of the sterilizer?

annie03

Oh it is like a round stainless steel component or a plastic opaque round circle which is normally located in the middle of the steriliser where you put water in it to sterilise the bottles... :smile:
Sorry for the ignorance but which part is the descaling part of the sterilizer?

CJmom

Lemon works? I tried but it didn't leave the descaling part shiny ley... still can see dark scale as though it has already "eaten" into the steel. Or is this how it should be? Mine steraliser is Pigeon.

excitedparent

Hi,
i've bought some direct from philips avent. each packet is $1, excluding postage and envelop cost. if keen, pm me the quantity you r after. i'll let u know the postage cost. there's no expiry date on these.