Where to go ???

actan1

Alpha Male
Dear all parents ,

Just checking where do u all bring your baby for outing??
My gal is coming to 1 year old soon. Thinking of bringing her somewhere to celebrate her birthday but dun know where to...

Any suggestion ??? Thanks

Auston
:Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub:

cocraze

Dear all parents ,

Just checking where do you all bring your baby for outing??
My gal is coming to 1 year old soon. Thinking of bringing her somewhere to celebrate her birthday but dont know where to...

Any suggestion ??? Thanks

Auston
:Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub:
Outing as in for your family only? Just to celebrate or with extended family?
Just you hubby and 1yo gal?

pkshl

for me, im bringing my son for a photoshoot @ studio loft the day before his birthday. on actual birthday, ive ordered a cake to celebrate at home. just me, my hb & my dog . no extended family involved cos sure alot of comments.

actan1

Alpha Male
Dear all

Thanks, Maybe I just bring her to the Zoo together with my wife in the morning..
Then buy her a cake in the evening and take some pictures...

AugBoyz

Dear all

Thanks, Maybe I just bring her to the Zoo together with my wife in the morning..
Then buy her a cake in the evening and take some pictures...
I wun suggest the zoo coz for 1 yr old they probably still cannot enjoy it. And the heat may get into them thus making them cranky n uncomfortable.

cocraze

I wun suggest the zoo coz for 1 yr old they probably still cannot enjoy it. And the heat may get into them thus making them cranky n uncomfortable.
I do agree with AugBoyz's point of view about the heat. Unpredictable weather these days, so I agree that it may not be as enjoyable to plan a whole day (or even just whole morning) outing with the little one.

Depending on how your gal is like. Does she enjoy sitting in stroller and watching things happen outside the stroller? Or does she need to be carried in arms after sitting in stroller for a while? It will make all the difference to you parents, as it will be tiring....

Also, I think it may not be so worthwhile to go to the zoo as the 1yo may not be able to enjoy watching the animals as yet. My experience also with the Spore zoo is that the animals are usually sleeping in the day due to the heat. so it may just be bushery and greenery to watch :) Its quite a distance to get to the zoo, and troublesome if you dont drive.

Personally, for me , If I were to plan such an outing, I would go somewhere where there is a mix of venues, as contingency in case of rain, bad weather, grouchy baby etc.

Places I can think of:
a. Botanic Gardens (yes, still subject to good weather, but at least got sheltered food court and shelters around the gardens to take a rest from the weather)
b. Henderson wave (can make a stop at Hort Park)
c. Marina Barrage
d. Discovery Centre (Science Ctr)