Where to store EBM? Milk bag or container?

xue

Yes I bought the small baby dishwashing liquid. Coz my company's one.. Is those industrial strength one. :x
Mine too... You mean they sell small size ones? Hmmm, got to go shop for all these things later...
Haix, i dread going back to work.. No pumping room for bfing mummies, we got to pump in handicap toilets...
-_____________-!!!

diymummy

Mine too... You mean they sell small size ones? Hmmm, got to go shop for all these things later...
Haix, i dread going back to work.. No pumping room for bfing mummies, we got to pump in handicap toilets...
-_____________-!!!
You still got handicap toilet. I pump in normal toilet. When people come in and do a big one, there's a "nice aroma" in the toilet.

I bought the small one, Pigeon brand, from Isetan. You might want to try Kiddy Palace coz I also recall seeing the small bottles there as well.

xue

You still got handicap toilet. I pump in normal toilet. When people come in and do a big one, there's a "nice aroma" in the toilet.

I bought the small one, Pigeon brand, from Isetan. You might want to try Kiddy Palace coz I also recall seeing the small bottles there as well.
LOL!!!
kk, THX!! :001_302:

allycat

I pump 4 times in office. Boss understands so it's ok. Sometimes got meeting then bo bian... Pump 2 or 3 times but breast quite painful.

I put my pump in a big tupper ware. Air tight. After pump, I wash then put in tupperware, pour in boiling water, let it sit for few minutes then pour away the hot water and seal up the tupperware. At next use, I just take out and use.

I usually put my milk in the fridge, not freezer coz I utilise within 24 hours

Milk in fridge can keep up to 48 hours

Frozen milk up to 3 mths.

Frozen milk can be thawed in the fridge.
Wow, how did you manage to pump 4 times? I can only pump 2-3 times in office and dear son has to be supplemented with 1-2 times of FM. Supply is really low these days and I dont have any stock in the freezer.

she is 4mths+.. hmmm, probably i will go get the container...
By the way, do i need to bring those baby dishwasher to wash after i pump or i can just rinse water then sterilize with hot water?
I'm using the normal detergent (diliuted) at both home and office. No problem so far. Like diymummy, I also pour in hot water in the tupperware after wash, pour the water away after a couple of minutes, seal the container and leave it in the mini bar till next use. My colleages are nice enough to clear the mini bar for my personal use while they fight for space in the 2 doors fridge :001_302:

xue

I'm using the normal detergent (diliuted) at both home and office. No problem so far. Like diymummy, I also pour in hot water in the tupperware after wash, pour the water away after a couple of minutes, seal the container and leave it in the mini bar till next use. My colleages are nice enough to clear the mini bar for my personal use while they fight for space in the 2 doors fridge :001_302:
the hot water must throw away in a couple of minutes? Sometimes i forget, i left the pumps in the hot water until the next pumping session! oh dear! will it spoil my pump??

Chameleon

Hi

Would recommend Nanny Breastmilk Storage Bags, excellent, extra-durable and most economical.

Last edited:

my beauty loft

Breast Milk / Food Trays ~ BP Oct 2010

Breast Milk / Food Trays for our babies.

Freeze baby food or breast milk into single serving cubes
Simplifies feedings: one cube equals one serving

Reduce waste: defrost only what you need
No mess: spill-proof, stackable, and dishwasher-safe

Each package include 2 trays and 2 lids
Trays are specially designed to simplify feedings and reduce waste of baby food or breast milk. All you do is pour expressed breast milk or pureed baby food in the milk / food trays, put them in the freezer and freeze. Once frozen, you can take out these frozen milk / food and store into zip lock bags which every family has.

The neat thing about the trays is they have covers, so there are no spills, no mess, and no odors. Each Tray makes 12 pre-portioned servings which measure about one ounce (30ml), which is a single serving of baby food or breast milk for a baby.

Breast Milk cubes are the perfect answer to many situations. Since cubes defrost quickly, they are great for topping-off bottles, thinning baby food, or just adding a little extra nutrition to your baby's cereal. You'll only thaw what you need - convenience for Mom, Dad, or any caregiver.

They won't spill, and are an easy stackable way to safely store breast milk and pureed baby food. Gone are the days of storing breast milk in glass bottles and caps which takes up alot of space and is not stackable. The heavy duty construction allows quick release of the frozen food cubes. And they are dishwasher-safe, so clean up is a breeze.

Trays are FDA-approved food-safe plastic. #4 LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene) and #2 HDPE (High Density Polyethylene).Contains no PVC, Bisphenol-A, or Plasticizer.

Zip-lock milk storage bags can be quite costly, hence the tendency to pour four to eight ounces into it instead of leaving it barely-filled. The entire bag must be thawed and since breastmilk cannot be refrozen once thawed (even warming then cooling then warming again is a “no-no” because of early spoiling and even more destruction of valuable nutrients), usually several ounces get thrown away. Think about that for a moment…several ounces thrown away…that can really add up over time.

Here are just some simple numbers to consider……

If you were to waste only two ounces of breastmilk in one day.
That equals 10 ounces wasted in one work week!
That adds up to 40 ounces wasted in one work month!
You have now wasted 480 ounces in one year!

Each package include 2 trays and 2 lids = SGD $35 NETT with FREE shipping and normal postage

Kindly visit below website or email mybeautyloft@yahoo.com.sg
http://mybeautyloft.multiply.com/photos/album/5/Breast_Milk_Food_Trays_BP_Oct_2010

Bummblebee

Breast Milk / Food Trays ~ BP Oct 2010

Breast Milk / Food Trays for our babies.

Freeze baby food or breast milk into single serving cubes
Simplifies feedings: one cube equals one serving

Reduce waste: defrost only what you need
No mess: spill-proof, stackable, and dishwasher-safe

Each package include 2 trays and 2 lids
Trays are specially designed to simplify feedings and reduce waste of baby food or breast milk. All you do is pour expressed breast milk or pureed baby food in the milk / food trays, put them in the freezer and freeze. Once frozen, you can take out these frozen milk / food and store into zip lock bags which every family has.

The neat thing about the trays is they have covers, so there are no spills, no mess, and no odors. Each Tray makes 12 pre-portioned servings which measure about one ounce (30ml), which is a single serving of baby food or breast milk for a baby.

Breast Milk cubes are the perfect answer to many situations. Since cubes defrost quickly, they are great for topping-off bottles, thinning baby food, or just adding a little extra nutrition to your baby's cereal. You'll only thaw what you need - convenience for Mom, Dad, or any caregiver.

They won't spill, and are an easy stackable way to safely store breast milk and pureed baby food. Gone are the days of storing breast milk in glass bottles and caps which takes up alot of space and is not stackable. The heavy duty construction allows quick release of the frozen food cubes. And they are dishwasher-safe, so clean up is a breeze.

Trays are FDA-approved food-safe plastic. #4 LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene) and #2 HDPE (High Density Polyethylene).Contains no PVC, Bisphenol-A, or Plasticizer.

Zip-lock milk storage bags can be quite costly, hence the tendency to pour four to eight ounces into it instead of leaving it barely-filled. The entire bag must be thawed and since breastmilk cannot be refrozen once thawed (even warming then cooling then warming again is a “no-no” because of early spoiling and even more destruction of valuable nutrients), usually several ounces get thrown away. Think about that for a moment…several ounces thrown away…that can really add up over time.

Here are just some simple numbers to consider……

If you were to waste only two ounces of breastmilk in one day.
That equals 10 ounces wasted in one work week!
That adds up to 40 ounces wasted in one work month!
You have now wasted 480 ounces in one year!

Each package include 2 trays and 2 lids = SGD $35 NETT with FREE shipping and normal postage

Kindly visit below website or email mybeautyloft@yahoo.com.sg
[URL]http://mybeautyloft.multiply.com/photos/album/5/Breast_Milk_Food_Trays_BP_Oct_2010[/URL]
We totally disagreed with the above. How can frozen breastmilk be kept in normal ziplock bags? Bags used to store breastmilk have to be pre-sterlised and BPA-free! Normal ziplock bags are for domestic and commercial used ONLY. Even though you are promoting your milk trays, it is not nice to put milk storage bags down! Your calculation of wastage of breastmilk using milk bags are hotwash!! Milk storage bags these days are affortable and not as expensive as you painted to be. We, nursing mums know how to maximise each milk storage bag and you can rest assured no breastmilk is wasted by using milk storage bags. Dont't promote your products at the expense of other products. Please practice fairness and integrity. Every nursing moms have their own preference in the storage of their precious breastmilk, be in glass containers or milk bags.

my beauty loft

We totally disagreed with the above. How can frozen breastmilk be kept in normal ziplock bags? Bags used to store breastmilk have to be pre-sterlised and BPA-free! Normal ziplock bags are for domestic and commercial used ONLY. Even though you are promoting your milk trays, it is not nice to put milk storage bags down! Your calculation of wastage of breastmilk using milk bags are hotwash!! Milk storage bags these days are affortable and not as expensive as you painted to be. We, nursing mums know how to maximise each milk storage bag and you can rest assured no breastmilk is wasted by using milk storage bags. Dont't promote your products at the expense of other products. Please practice fairness and integrity. Every nursing moms have their own preference in the storage of their precious breastmilk, be in glass containers or milk bags.

Hi Bummblebee,

its ok that you do not wish to join or buy from my spree, since its up to indivduals! i am not opening threads for discussion, its just a spree, pple who agree they buy dun agreed dun buy, i didnt point a foint or force them, so pls be gentle in the words you are having! what with fairness or integrity?you as a nursing mother of how many kids? doesnt mean i am not a mother ? in fact i have 2 kids all grown up and i am very happy to tell u tat i breastfeed both of them till they are 2 yrs old, so stop telling me abt what nursing mother dos and donts, as i think i know it better than you are! if you happen to live in states, i can tell you tat nursing mothers all store in normal zip lock bags. Just that singapore is a conservative country, things are more stingent.

i can safetly tell you, my 2 kids use milk trays and zip lock bags. and they are so healthy etc. sad to say, babies in 10-20 yrs ago in a much harsher environment dun even have this BPA or sterilsised thingy, and what makes it so sure that BPA / sterlised so proven to be 100% baterial free? then might as well dun express milk, just latch on directly, make sense? that will zero down to 100% free baterial.

fyi, singapore hospitals are promoting milk trays and milk trays are patent in US. singapore are selling at SGD $39 - $50. If its not safe, then why are singapore hospitals promoting it and the storaging part?

there is no rite or wrong in how mummies want to store their milk, what i am writing is just a comparsion. There are facts that milk bags do leak, how long do u defrost a 150ml milk bag against 5 cubes of milk ~ of coz cubes defrost faster! which is a fact, u can do an experiment on your own.

if an oversupply of bm mummy, she will need more than 30-50 bags of milk bags, as the bb only drinks 100ml - 140ml during the 1st 2-3 mths. how many milk bags will she need if she has 400-500 ml of bm per pumping session for both breasts? u can calculate rite? I can tell u i have some mummies who are in this situation, over supply of bm and milk bags / glass bottles doesnt help at all. they have 2-3 freezers at home just for storing their bm.

whether milk trays are hot wash anot, there are mummies who buy and use it since 1-2 yrs ago. like i said its all up to individuals preference, so pls do not be sarcastic in my thread. i am just doing my spree to help certain mummies who share my view to cut dwn on cost.

Bummblebee

Hi Bummblebee,

its ok that you do not wish to join or buy from my spree, since its up to indivduals! i am not opening threads for discussion, its just a spree, pple who agree they buy dont agreed dont buy, i didnt point a foint or force them, so pls be gentle in the words you are having! what with fairness or integrity?you as a nursing mother of how many kids? doesnt mean i am not a mother ? in fact i have 2 kids all grown up and i am very happy to tell you that i breastfeed both of them till they are 2 yrs old, so stop telling me about what nursing mother dos and donts, as i think i know it better than you are! if you happen to live in states, i can tell you that nursing mothers all store in normal zip lock bags. Just that singapore is a conservative country, things are more stingent.

i can safetly tell you, my 2 kids use milk trays and zip lock bags. and they are so healthy etc. sad to say, babies in 10-20 yrs ago in a much harsher environment dont even have this BPA or sterilsised thingy, and what makes it so sure that BPA / sterlised so proven to be 100% baterial free? then might as well dont express milk, just latch on directly, make sense? that will zero down to 100% free baterial.

fyi, singapore hospitals are promoting milk trays and milk trays are patent in US. singapore are selling at SGD $39 - $50. If its not safe, then why are singapore hospitals promoting it and the storaging part?

there is no rite or wrong in how mummies want to store their milk, what i am writing is just a comparsion. There are facts that milk bags do leak, how long do you defrost a 150ml milk bag against 5 cubes of milk ~ of coz cubes defrost faster! which is a fact, you can do an experiment on your own.

if an oversupply of breast milk mummy, she will need more than 30-50 bags of milk bags, as the baby only drinks 100ml - 140ml during the 1st 2-3 mths. how many milk bags will she need if she has 400-500 ml of breast milk per pumping session for both breasts? you can calculate rite? I can tell you i have some mummies who are in this situation, over supply of breast milk and milk bags / glass bottles doesnt help at all. they have 2-3 freezer at home just for storing their breast milk.

whether milk trays are hot wash anot, there are mummies who buy and use it since 1-2 yrs ago. like i said its all up to individuals preference, so pls do not be sarcastic in my thread. i am just doing my spree to help certain mummies who share my view to cut dwn on cost.
Xiaoris,

I have a few issues with certain points you made in your reply.

Firstly, you said that your thread was just for a spree, not for any discussion. That is YOUR opinion but when you placed your thread in a non-sales thread sector, it is open to discussion! However, what I was attempting to communicate to you earlier on, in my reply was that you should not misinformed mothers for the sake of selling your milk trays. I agreed with you totally, you are not forcing anyone to buy, no one can be forced for that matter, but you are using incorrect facts to persuade people to join your spree. That was my main point.

Secondly, you mentioned that you are a mother and hence would know more than me. I see this as a personal attack! I am similarly a mother too. You asked me how many children I have, saying that you have 2 children who are all grown up already. The number of children a person has, or even experience, does not necessarily translate to having good breastfeeding practices. Granted, you might feel your method of storing EBM is the best, but you should not put other forms of EBM storage down. That was what I was trying to tell you – Different mothers have different preferences, and there is no need to insinuate your methods are better than ours. Again, you missed my point.

Thirdly, you alleged how ALL mothers in the US stored their EBM in normal zip lock bags. Ignoring the blatant use of generalisation. please be aware that just because people in the States used normal zip lock bags, it does not translate to it being a correct practice. Many people might do it, but the many people might be wrong. You stated how due to conservativeness of Singapore, things are more stringent. But don't you agree that when it comes to our babies, safety is the most paramount concern? Do you not agree that care and caution should be practiced?

Fourthly, I have many bones to pick with you saying how “then might as well don't express milk, just latch on directly, make sense? that will zero down to 100% free bacterial.” If that is the case why are you promoting your milk trays? Yet again, you are completely and utterly missing the point. The fact is that the modern women has to juggle between the workplace and the home and that to be able to still enjoy the many joys and benefits of breastfeeding, she requires many tools to make it convenient and SAFE for her and her baby. Your statement of how you “might as well don't express milk” is pretty contradicting and offensive!

Furthermore, you yet again bring up your point about motherhood and breastfeeding for DECADES ago. As you said, this was in the past. As society progresses, as science and technology advances, mothers have found better ways to breast feed. You said that babies used to live in a harsher environment, yet do you not agree that as much as possible, it is best to let our children grow up in safe environments and reduce they so called “harshness” you speak of? Regarding the BPA, scientists have found that plastic contains many harmful and cancer-causing chemicals. A simple Google search will tell you that. Commercial zip lock bags are not BPA-free. In simpler terms, they are unsafe. Sterilisation may not mean it is 100% bacteria free, but it does greatly reduce the amount of bacteria, some of which might be harmful to babies. I cannot say the same for the use of zip lock bags.

Moreover, whatever you accused milk storage bags of, your combination of milk trays and zip lock bags have the same disadvantages as well. There are milk storage bags that leak, but most in the market are extra thick and have double zippers to prevent that. However, zip lock bags do leak too as well, and more often. You also mentioned an over-supply of breastmilk will lead to an increase in the usage of 30 to 50 milk bags and the need to buy 2-3 freezers. That being the case, if nursing mums are using milk-trays, how many milk-trays they have to buy given the same scenerio you painted? Clearly, I do not comprehend what were your points as they totally lack coherence. And yes, I DO know how to calculate, there is no need to be so rude, bearing in mind you are PROVIDING A SERVICE here!

Lastly, I agreed with you some nursing mums and hospitals do use milk trays. I did not said that milk trays are not safe, please don't put words in my mouth. In fact, I have nursing friends who are using milk trays. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST MILK-TRAYS! I did not say milk trays are hot wash. I said your points were hot wash. Similarly, I was not being sarcastic. In case you do not know, sarcasm means that there is a discrepancy in what I say versus what I mean. Nevertheless, I do not wish to debate with you any further after this as evidently, you keep missing the point and only reply with flawed arguments. There is no need to reply to my comments. As far as I am concerned, case closed, I have said my piece.

Last edited:

a mum

Do you know where I can rent a freezer for breast milk storage? I just want one dedicated to this purpose. My home fridge is usually stocked up with meet and stuff, so no space for breast milk storage.