Where you put your newborn babies to sleep on?

myangela

Hi all, just need to get some input here...

where is the best place to put your newborn baby to sleep on?

Same bed with baby's parents? or children's bed? baby cot?
Hi

My 1st dd slept in baby cot... I find cot not convenient.. so my dh managed to get a queen size matteress to let her sleep on..
So now my 2nd dd sleep on matteress which i don't have to worry of them falling onto the floor.

:twink::twink:

-SRI-

mattress.. coz i don have bed.. only use mattress.. haha.. save space..

yeah!! Amulet gave birth oredi...:001_302: wats ur bb name?

after my sis deliver, my mum insisted sis to slp on the bed cz the mattress is thicker..so easier for her to stand up n back pain is reduced due to epidural..if slp on mattress on the floor , it'll will be difficult for her...u ok slp on the floor wit mattress?

Amulet

yeah!! Amulet gave birth oredi...:001_302: wats ur bb name?

after my sis deliver, my mum insisted sis to slp on the bed cz the mattress is thicker..so easier for her to stand up n back pain is reduced due to epidural..if slp on mattress on the floor , it'll will be difficult for her...u ok slp on the floor wit mattress?
i got post in the other sub forum.. :D

im ok with sleepin on the flr la.. unless the sitting up part from initiate days.. but sitting up from bed is as awful.. doesnt make much diff. haha..

Porukadotzu

wa, really Thank God!

I got a totally free baby cot today! haha....

so i guess i will put the baby there..:tlaugh:

Amulet>> I used to like to sleep on the floor also, untill one day I woke up with lizard laying next to me....since then i got trauma with lizard and mattress on the floor.....:001_302:

-SRI-

i got post in the other sub forum.. :D

im ok with sleepin on the flr la.. unless the sitting up part from initiate days.. but sitting up from bed is as awful.. doesnt make much diff. haha..
hahaha..icic..i tink my mum too paranoid la...all cannot...nw i oso kena cz preg ma..today she don allow me to eat ytd rice or ytd leftover gravy...but for me ok lei..still can eat wat...nt rotten yet...

Porukadotzu

hahaha..icic..i tink my mum too paranoid la...all cannot...nw i oso kena cz preg ma..today she don allow me to eat ytd rice or ytd leftover gravy...but for me ok lei..still can eat wat...nt rotten yet...
ya better try to eat fresh food rather than leftover...so ur bb can absorb the vit too....leftover food don't hv the goodness anymore, just fill up ur tummy only.:tlaugh:

-SRI-

ya better try to eat fresh food rather than leftover...so ur bb can absorb the vit too....leftover food don't hv the goodness anymore, just fill up ur tummy only.:tlaugh:
oic...ic...thks Poru..nw i noe...but i juz feel bad cz mum eat leftover food while i eat the fresh one..like very bad lei...like torture her indirectly...haiz...my mum is such a gd mum...hope i can be like her minus the endless naggings...:001_302: i muz tell my child hw gd n sacrifices his/her grandma hv made for me n bb....:red:i want my bb to appreciate her too...

Porukadotzu

oic...ic...thks Poru..nw i noe...but i juz feel bad cz mum eat leftover food while i eat the fresh one..like very bad lei...like torture her indirectly...haiz...my mum is such a gd mum...hope i can be like her minus the endless naggings...:001_302: i muz tell my child hw gd n sacrifices his/her grandma hv made for me n bb....:red:i want my bb to appreciate her too...
thats what mum do i guess...:tlaugh:

my family also like to eat reheat food leftovers frm lunch/dinner...sumtimes also food that been in fridge for almost 1 week hahaha.... my mom always cook lunch quite alot so can re-heat during dinner, so its nt troublesome at nite...hehheheee

but then my inlaws the type who cook just enough to eat per meal so there's hardly leftovers...when my hv explain why then i also think its true...

leftovers just to fill the tummy, but no goodness, but fresh food fill tummy and surely hv vits. So now i'm lecturing my fam to follow my inlaws haha..

Amulet

hahaa.. becoz she care ma.. thats why abit more kancheong lo..

hi mummies,

my gal sleeps in cot soon after she born but change to sarong after a mth and nw she is 7mths old she will wan sarong bt once in a while she might wan her cot too. i place alot of bumper(i sew myself, as i can insert more cotton wool/sponge) ard the rails juz in case she knock herself :)

leey

hi mummies,

my gal sleeps in cot soon after she born but change to sarong after a mth and nw she is 7mths old she will wan sarong bt once in a while she might wan her cot too. i place alot of bumper(i sew myself, as i can insert more cotton wool/sponge) ard the rails juz in case she knock herself :)
Agree,get that ;
We put the baby in the bady bed,

seem the safest to it.

-SRI-

For me newborn, i'll let my bb slp in the rocker... so i can see him/her more clear..can monitor...but at nite will let bb slp in bb cot... if sarong i scared ltr bb nt much breathing space...hee...

leaf

both my bbs slept in the bed next to me . for dd1 i put her in a playpen/bed thing, and i KEPT waking up and leaning over to look at her/pick her up, and it was hell with the horrible backache i had. so i simply put her in bed next to me instead(i did both confinements in a single bed) for dd2 i didn't even take the cot out of storage. it was simply easier to feed the babies if we co-sleep.

when i got back home with dd1, baby sleeps with me on my Q bed. made sure not to put her next to dh - scared he will crush her. haha. but after a while noticed he does not move much so i relaxed. with dd2 - had to make sure jiejie does not kick her in her sleep :| otherwise we all sleep happily together on a Queen+supersingle mattress on the floor.

1 advantage of no raised bed - baby falls at most 6 inches as oppsed to 2 feet. they seem to tend to fall a lot when they get mobile :(