which 1 is better for breast pumps? avent or medela?

mrsmorgan

im using avent isis uno.. gd enough for me though sometimes i wish to hav a double pump cos really tiring to pump 30mins each side=1hr for both! i really like e "petals cushion" n that i can set my own pace.. oh but how i wish it was a little quieter..

allycat

30 min per breast? That's a long time. I usually pump (dual pump) about 10 min to get about 120 ml - 160ml.

cmeilim

30 min per breast? That's a long time. I usually pump (dual pump) about 10 min to get about 120 ml - 160ml.

ya dual pumping usually tends to be more efficient as both breasts are stimulated at the same time and the let-down from both sides is encouraged at the same time.

allycat

By the way, for those mommies who pump at their work station, how do you go hands free or you dont??

allycat

Fantastic. You're putting the bottles in the pump stand? If they're on the table, wont they be unstable?

cmeilim

Fantastic. You're putting the bottles in the pump stand? If they're on the table, wont they be unstable?

oh no, i put the bottle on my keyboard ledge. my keyboard ledge is the retractable type - can retract under my table (like in computer furniture). it takes a bit of balancing and adjusting to make sure i won't have too major movement during pumping, but still manageable. so far i have never dropped the bottle while pumping. =)

bbloelim

this is my 1st pregnancy.
but i have already start looking for breast pump.
still wondering which is better..? seems many different types around.

my sis using medela during her 1st pregnancy few years ago..duno which type, tats really noisy lo..even im chatting with my friend on the phone, my phone heard it, and thought someone is cutting the grass late night. haha..

skyunicorn

I have a Avent Isis Uno and the medela freestyle.
The Avent works well, I don't like the manual mode as the top keeps popping out. Electric mode is fine. I later bought the freestyle as another mummy said, single pump takes a long time to pump and I was desperately trying to up my supply so pumping every 2hours. With single pump 30mins each side is 1 hr, so 1hr later have to pump again !
the freestyle lets me be handsfree with a nursing bra so I can still surf net and do other things so time passes faster and therefore I could do the power pumping easily.

now I don't pump already I latch baby on all the time and I am very thankful for the medela for helping me build up my supply (initially not enough have to top up with formula) and giving me time to heal from my sore nipples so that I have the courage to try latching him again. now i dread going back to work as that means I can't latch him as often :bsad:

so not that the avent is not good, but dual pumping and handsfree are invaluable to me. the avent has a duo pump too and you can buy the easy expression bustier to go handsfree too :D

bleeeee

Hi all,

Is the avent isis iq duo called the twin electric pump? That's all I see at the shops and Philips webbie..

This has both electric & manual mode right?

Lea Lu

If you like to know whats the difference between medala and avent, you can buy this 2 and alternate when u use, so that you can clean it properly with sterilize.