Which baby slings is best ?

xicloudix

Hi, anyone can recommend me a baby sling? I nv used 1 before, not sure what to buy.... my baby is scared of heat...

bibiluvr

agree with cmeilim.. i'm using the momsinmind satin sling.. i have a cotton one as well but think the satin one is more comfortable.. u can refer to the momsinmind website for instructions... practice makes perfect..

xicloudix

What about MIM silk range??? currently they having offer... $25 only, very tempted to buy.... BTW does cotton sateen easy spoil?? I saw in their website need very veyr careful care

cmeilim

What about MIM silk range??? currently they having offer... $25 only, very tempted to buy.... BTW does cotton sateen easy spoil?? I saw in their website need very veyr careful care
Texture of silk is rougher than cotton sateen so the former may be harder to pull. It may also be warmer than cotton sateen.

sherz4628

I swear by pupsik baby pouch.. the size is in S, M, L and u choose according to your height and weight..no need adjust length or worry abt the rings breaking under the weight etc..

Abit more ex but if buy preloved is really a good investment..

No silk or satin material though..

gumbokins

Personally, I feel a pouch would be easier to use. Like those from Pupsik, mainly because you don't have to fiddle and adjust the rings and deal with all the extra cloth.

For me, I have a sling, because the pouch cannot fit me LOL :err:

bbloelim

i went to view the pupsik website..n even see hw they demo the sling..
quite interested in getting tat..the price $40+, still quite reasonable leh..
unlike some slings i see, near $100 lo!!

pupsik pouch can get it fr mothercare right??
shd i go get it now (im in 38weeks), or aft birth??

apollo

get it aft birth. bring ur bb along and try it in the shop b4 buying. ask the SA to teach u. I didnt bring along ds when i bought the MIM sling and bk hm, though with the VCD that teach us hw to use, i still cant get it right. end up, the sling is now sitting neatly in the cupboard. haha..

Mummy to Baby V

When boy was newborn to 8kg, I relied heavily on our 2 Moms in Mind cotton sateen slings.
Easy to wash: machine wash on delicate cycle, put in laundry net.

It takes practice to learn the adjustments and different ways to carry baby. The large amount of fabric can be used to cover up when breastfeeding in public.
Our detailed review is at: Review: Moms in Mind Sarong Sling (Baby Carrier) | Mummy's Reviews

I tried Pupsik Pouch only when boy became a toddler. The advantage is no need for adjustments. Less fabric to cover up for nursing though.
Review is at: Review & Giveaway: Pupsik Studio Baby Pouch Carrier | Mummy's Reviews

bbloelim

When boy was newborn to 8kg, I relied heavily on our 2 Moms in Mind cotton sateen slings.
Easy to wash: machine wash on delicate cycle, put in laundry net.

It takes practice to learn the adjustments and different ways to carry baby. The large amount of fabric can be used to cover up when breastfeeding in public.
Our detailed review is at: Review: Moms in Mind Sarong Sling (Baby Carrier) | Mummy's Reviews

I tried Pupsik Pouch only when boy became a toddler. The advantage is no need for adjustments. Less fabric to cover up for nursing though.
Review is at: Review & Giveaway: Pupsik Studio Baby Pouch Carrier | Mummy's Reviews
aft reading your 2 links..i duno which to get leh..
at the meantime, mayb i can go take a look on the two slings, then as apollo mentioned, give birth then bring baby along to try..

Mummy to Baby V

aft reading your 2 links..i duno which to get leh..
at the meantime, mayb i can go take a look on the two slings, then as apollo mentioned, give birth then bring baby along to try..
Shopping for baby stuff is always tough... Hee...

It'd be easy to try a pouch carrier; sling would take more practise before liking its versatility.
Sling also means any family member can use it. My hubby tried using the sling, though not really his style. His favourite is soft structured carrier.
Pouch is by caregiver's size, so only people your size can use it.

If you're a frequent babywearer, then 2 carriers would be needed to rotate eventually.
Cos baby often dirty the carrier with regurgitated milk, saliva and sometimes pee.

regalpuppy

I've got 2 different baby slings but I find that the Sleepy wrap is better, it helps in supporting my back, or at least when I use it to carry my son for a long period of time I don't really feel my bach hurting so much. The normal baby sling that sling on one side will cos your back and shoulder to ache when you use for a long period of time.

Baby Wrap - Baby Carrier | Sleepy Wrap