which brand is the best??

joanneang

Hi mummies ,

i will be due in eari june,n i still looking thr which brand of millk bottle n sterilizer is good. i heard many ppl say that AVENT millk teat is too hard for newborn, n always leaking. im still consider PIGEON and NUK. any mummies used this two brand before? any comments? and can i used diff brand of millk bottle n sterilzer?

tks.

Avent milk teat is too hard? Haha.. is it?

My baby used Avent. When we fed her with Pigeon, she always vomit out the milk.. Seems like having lesser problem with Avent :)

Anyway, guess many mummies will comment is really up to individual baby. Perhaps u can buy one or two bottles from 2 or 3 brands n let baby decide later on?

Mama Ilhan

Hello mum-to-be!

Definitely BREAST is best! especially during the early months . .

But if you are asking about bottle brands . .hmm . .when i was going back to work at that time i was searching for a bottle for my son to drink my expressed breastmilk (EBM), ive tried most of the brands.

Here are my comments:
  • Avent used to be a good brand but after Philips took over many mothers complain that there's leakage even after screwing the bottle tight.
  • Tommy Tipee is good with its rotatable teat and bottle shape
  • Mothercare is no doubt an in-house brand but i like its simplicity and its bottle size, my son likes it too
  • Evenflo bottles sizes doesnt work well as the ones for 3 months and above are tall and slim and when i feed my son the milk gets "sprayed" onto his face
  • NUK is loved by most mothers because of the silicone teats- its very soft and is a good substitute for our nipples
  • MAM is good for its anti-colic function-i used it during my first month after giving birth as i was having nipple sore. But the stock is unavailable most of the time and its not available in all stores -i think its not suitable to buy if you intend to follow up with that brand
But at the end of the day, it still depends on your baby and what he/she prefers. Some mothers might want to use a particular brand but the baby doesnt feel comfortable with it. Not to worry, this is what motherhood is all about - trial an error and just be open to suggestions and tips.

Hope you have a safe and memorable delivery!! :)

apollo

for steriliser, we are using pigeon rapid steriliser

as for bottles, we used to use Avent, only few days ago, we change to Bfree. so far so good =)

xlan

personally i hvn't try any bottles before.. but i bought a few avent bottles and several NUK bottles for my 2 brothers' son... their feedback were same.. avent has leakage problem n baby tends to hv more wind after each feed.. sometimes baby puke out most of the milk.. tats the worst part they dun like avent bottle.. but on the other hand.. both of them like NUK.. the teat has really nice touch n better flow.. baby no more puking after each feed n less wind.. they practically dun hv to "burp" them tat much.. sometimes w/o any burp.. n sleep very soundly after the feed... tis is the best part they love abt NUK

so now they're "returning" the NUK bottles to me.. hahaa.. n of cos i'll be sticking to NUK too.. ;)

joanneang

how abt the NUK teats? i heard they have two kind of teats, 1 is silicone n the other 1 is latex,which is better?

and for the NUK milk bottle,they have two sizes of bottle oso,wide neck bottle n standard bottle,wat is the diff?? whch is better for newborn..

pls advice

xlan

how about the NUK teats? i heard they have two kind of teats, 1 is silicone n the other 1 is latex,which is better?

and for the NUK milk bottle,they have two sizes of bottle also,wide neck bottle n standard bottle,what is the diff?? whch is better for newborn..

pls advice
haha.. for tis i really dunno leh.. didn't really research into the details... anyway.. both nephews tried the clear silicon teat & the ugly brownish latex teat... no problem at all leh.. so we also dunno which is better.. haha..

but personally i tink the clear silicon looks more appealing to me la.. but jus the look of it loh.. hahahaa... practically i really not sure wat's the diff loh..

as for the bottles... we didn't try the wide neck before so no comments too..