Which hospital you've been to? Share? :D

MrsNeo

Every mothers/mothers-to-be definitely have good and bad experiences in the hospital where you've delivered your baby.

Hope everyone would share your views/experiences/complaints (bad and good) about the hospitals you are currently in or have been before. :001_302:

Last edited:

jedamum

Delivered both boys at Mt E.
Love the environment there..machiam stay in hotel like that. lol
But not particularly pro-bfg there, but i am not particular about that too. :)
Like the overall experience there.

sarahteddy

Me had first one at Mt Alvernia. Cosy and friendly. Very Pro-Breast feeding. Even lend you their breast pump for free. Will go back there for 2nd one.

simplyjo

Had my 1st at Gleneagles, 2nd at Mt Alvernia & last one at Gleneagles again.

Overall, I feel Mt Alvernia is still the best - the staff, the service, environment, parking & support are much better than Gleneagles.

naze

My first delivery was at Mt A, the services are good. I like their confinement soup also.

LoVeS

Yeah i totally agree wif the mummies above tt Mount Alvernia is the best. I haf bad experience wif KKH regardless gynae or PD so i am totally TURN OFF by them. If having 2nd will still go back Mount Alvernia as they r really so nice n friendly nurses tt r more than willing to help u as n when u needed n VERY patience wif us. I feel tt service is very important during the stay in hospital especially for mummies having c-section as u will b staying for at least 2-3days there.

babypris86

Loves, i also had a very very bad experience with KKH.... i felt they kinda of sucks.. really regret choosing them....

babypris86

at 1st the doc and nurse during my monthly visit really show attitudes... even when i said i fall down once very hard on the floor... my DH fetch me to the hosptial.. and told the nurse i fall and had some bleeding... in the end they just brush us off and ask us to wait... in the end my DH got to shout at them den they push a wheel chair for me to see my doc....

next is on the day i deliver... they put a sign so BIG at their delivery suite that say only husband or one IMMEDIATE family member can go in... my husband was not there as he need to work so my mum went with me... the toopig OLD nurse actually shouted at my poor mum that she strictly cannot go in... and even said only hubby can go in... i was so piss off with the pain, so i shouted @ her... if its that so whats the sign hanging up there??? are u blind... den she keep quiet.. and still insist my mum stay outside... nvm... when i was in the delivery suite.. i asked both the doc and the 3 nurses inside.. and guess what... 4 of them... actually said that my mum CAN come in... and they ask me who is the one who don let her in....den they scold the nurse for me...........
den 3rd is when i was sent to my room... i asked the nurse to help me to the washroom cuz of the pain i had from normal birth... after that the next thing i know is i hit hard on the floor... totally black out... den i heard the nurse actually say.. sorry sorry i forgot to grab hold of u... in the end i suffered pain in the night and could not sleep... next is the BF thing.. they suppose to help me... in the end den they just put the machine there and ask me to DIY... i was like... ELLO!!! its a BIG machine lor....

in the end i was so piss off....

Supergirl

I gave birth at Raffles Hospital, very nice and friendly nurses, overall very very good experience.

I got a friend who told me that hospital staff are very "practical" they will treat people in one beded room and 4 beded room differently!

:err:

JOANNA-

Yup ! I agreed tat KKH is a TOTAL TURNED OFF ! I experienced bad services and staff's attitude really sucks . I nearly kena operate something off my body man !! As before preggy i went check up . Den luckily, preggy le i dun wanna go backed KKH liao, so i went to my Gynae tat delivered me ((x and my gynae checked is not e case lahs . Lucky never operate . even my gynae also says LUCKY !! Cos KKH is under govt so e doctors jus work under there, not running their own business ma . Unlike Private Ones running their own business . Hubby and me like my gynae alot cos he'll explain thing clearly to u and clear ur doubts, very friendly also . Tats wad every mum-to-be needs ma .

My son was delivered in Mount Elizabeth . Friendly nurses and staffs . And e confinement food was great also . :Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub:

MrsNeo

I heard that KKH the people working there the attitude is depends on the class you choose de.. is it true?? o.o

babypris86

ya they really depend de lor.....
but mine is a one bed room... so i think no matter what their attuide sucks is a TRUE FACT!!!

LoVeS

I dun agree on depending on class one. Sum nurses r juz attitude regardless wat class ward ur staying.

JenLee98

Twice, I gave birth at SGH. Ok for me.... maybe I have not been to the pte ones, so don;t know how to compare :001_302:

babypris86

I dun agree on depending on class one. Sum nurses r juz attitude regardless wat class ward ur staying.
Loves, i totally agree with you... especially old nurse.... some of the old nurses are very nice and good... but some are really attitude problem, i even witness there is a nurse i think from thailand, she was scolding her just cuz i asked her to push my baby to me... my DH, parents and frens even saw it... the poor thai nurse was almost into tears lor... I think hospital shld sent those old nurses for GEM courses...

Last edited:

Amulet

hearing all those horror stories about KKH, that why i chose to switch doc during my 14week.. will be birthing at TMC nxt month.. :001_302: i heard that TMC's wards are lovely?

Pink daisy

Yeah i totally agree wif the mummies above tt Mount Alvernia is the best. I haf bad experience wif KKH regardless gynae or PD so i am totally TURN OFF by them. If having 2nd will still go back Mount Alvernia as they r really so nice n friendly nurses tt r more than willing to help u as n when u needed n VERY patience wif us. I feel tt service is very important during the stay in hospital especially for mummies having c-section as u will b staying for at least 2-3days there.
I agree, KK service is rather lousy, but since my gynae is there am stuck throughout. My gynae is rather good, it's just their nurses and staff can be pretty ignorant and impatience