Which is a good primary school at Sengkang?

Justina

Dear daddies/mommies,

Pardon me as I'm not brought up in Singapore but my daughter will be attending primary school soon. I had always heard of parents vying for a place for their child(ren) in this case but I am not sure of which 'good' school in the first place? How do you judge what is a good school? By PSLE results? What about other criteria(s)? I'm staying at Sengkang and my daughter is interested in North Vista Primary. Advise greatly appreciated.

stonston

Dear daddies/mommies,

Pardon me as I'm not brought up in Singapore but my daughter will be attending primary school soon. I had always heard of parents vying for a place for their child(ren) in this case but I am not sure of which 'good' school in the first place? How do you judge what is a good school? By PSLE results? What about other criteria(s)? I'm staying at Sengkang and my daughter is interested in North Vista Primary. Advise greatly appreciated.
North Vista is new school. First cohort havent take PSLE, so no results to compare.

Popular schools in SK is Nan Chiau & CHIJ (Nativity). There's alot of 'criterias' to consider before choosing the school, else you'll only be met with disappointments.

Different people have different perspective of 'good school'. Some look at results. Some look at parent communication. Some look at character development. Some look at school culture. Some look at principals/teachers. It's really up to you. Visit the school and decide if their school values/goals/mission is what you want for your child.

RenLaoShi

Alpha Male
Same old topic. :) Hi This is Ren Lao Shi (FKA yumiao). I was a teacher from one of the SengKang schools.

To know whether the school is good, I would like to give you 3 suggestions.
1. To ask around, see whether the parents like the school rules and policies.
2. To ask the kids, or some other ways to find out whether the kids are enjoying their lives in the school.
3. To ask the school, how is the performance in PSLE result. Is that in upward or downward. How is the result compare with similar schools.
4. If you can, ask the teachers from that school and see how do they find out about the school.

Good luck.

koalarie

Same old topic. :) Hi This is Ren Lao Shi (FKA yumiao). I was a teacher from one of the SengKang schools.

To know whether the school is good, I would like to give you 3 suggestions.
1. To ask around, see whether the parents like the school rules and policies.
2. To ask the kids, or some other ways to find out whether the kids are enjoying their lives in the school.
3. To ask the school, how is the performance in PSLE result. Is that in upward or downward. How is the result compare with similar schools.
4. If you can, ask the teachers from that school and see how do they find out about the school.

Good luck.
Agreed with the points above. That was what my mother suggested too to do rather than just finding the past records on internet and hear-say on forum. :)
But really need to be thick skin to talk with the teachers and parents of the school.