Which school to choose?

kimyen

My gal is K1 this year.
Will have to register her for P1 next year.

Having another boy at toddler.

Am staying at CCK (Nearby Lot 1).

Which school to choose?

1) Singapore Chinese Girls' School (I used to be in this school)
2) South View Primary School (My hubby used to be in this school)

Which school do I choose?

KOOLMUM

My gal is K1 this year.
Will have to register her for P1 next year.

Having another boy at toddler.

Am staying at chua chu kang (Nearby Lot 1).

Which school to choose?

1) Singapore Chinese Girls' School (I used to be in this school)
2) South View Primary School (My hubby used to be in this school)

Which school do I choose?
Hi

I would suggest you choose South View since it is closer to home and siblings can be together. For SCGS, only yr girl is eligible. Travelling can be a headache and the kid will be more tired compared to another kid whose home is closer to the school.

Actually u r so fortunate that both schools still exist. For me, my school has closed down, hubby studied in m'sia so my gal went thru balloting & thank god she got in. There were 60 places and 200 kids vying, imagine the anxiety....

Hope u find the above useful :)

kimyen

Hi

I would suggest you choose South View since it is closer to home and siblings can be together. For SCGS, only yr girl is eligible. Travelling can be a headache and the kid will be more tired compared to another kid whose home is closer to the school.

Actually u r so fortunate that both schools still exist. For me, my school has closed down, hubby studied in m'sia so my gal went thru balloting & thank god she got in. There were 60 places and 200 kids vying, imagine the anxiety....

Hope u find the above useful :)
Thanks for your advice.

honuleni

Hey I agree with koolmum, the distance between school and home should be lesser. Canadian International School is a renowned international school in lakeside area. . Canadian International School is a renowned international school in lakeside area, which is pretty near choa chu kang as well.

kimyen

SCGS being a SAP school isn't it a better choice than those of a neighbourhood school?

Standard is definitely higher.

MomKiasu

I have been through this before with my eldest son, there were different choices of school around my area. I did a lot of thinking and decided that the best course of action is to send them to the most convenient location to make their already hectic lives easier. It does not matter where you send them to as long as they have the right attitude towards life.