Who is using Medela Mini Eletric Plus?

allycat

Hi, I'm leaving my heavy duty pump in the office (and its really heavy in terms of weight) and am thinking of getting Medela Mini Electric Plus as a spare to use at home or when I'm travelling. Has any mommy used it and what do you think of it?

I'm looking for one that is easy to be assembled and light weight. Any other recommendation? TIA.

angelwendy

Hi, I'm leaving my heavy duty pump in the office (and its really heavy in terms of weight) and am thinking of getting Medela Mini Electric Plus as a spare to use at home or when I'm travelling. Has any mommy used it and what do you think of it?

I'm looking for one that is easy to be assembled and light weight. Any other recommendation? TIA.
Hey allycat.. when i bf my boy.. i'm using this brand... i love it... is quite good..

Humpty

I'm using it too. Got it because during confinement hubby went out to buy everything. My request for a medela double pump became this.

So far so good. Very lightweight and portable (runs on batteries too). Easy to clean and assemble (2 funnels, 2 valves, 2 membranes, 2 bottles, 2 tubes). I use it at least 2-3 times daily. Hope it will continue to last when I start pumping at work.

I have not tried other pumps so can't really compare. But this one gets the job done though I've got to use hand compressions while pumping to complete the sessions.

Its rather noisy though. Have to stuff a pillow on top of the motor to muffle the noise. Otherwise if baby is sleeping in the same room, he will wake up.

chiro

im using this too, was told by the previous owner tat the servicing centre said tat the pump can only be used once a day otherwise motor will burn out.i have been using it three times a day for 6 months until the suction becomes weaker one day and i resorted to using 2 single pumps at one time.more convenient hehe.dunoo why my twin pump motor and bottles tend to topple. Maybe i clumsy.

2 drawbacks of medela plus is that its noisy and got back flow problem, meanin, when you pump, you need to lean your body abit forward so tat the milk will go down the bottle, otherwise it will travel to the motor and affects suction at the end of the day. Suggest you buy freestyle, heard tat can even lie down to express milk , its handsfree, quiet and got lcd backlight panel tat can remember your preferred suction type.you can either buy second hand or buy those imported set

allycat

Looks like its not a good idea to get it then. I left my UniMom in office and have not experience any back flow problem.

kathtan

I have a mini electric plus, used less than 4 months. Comes with a shoulder bag and extra breast shield and valves. Letting go at only $80, bought more than $200 from Robinson. Condition: 8/10 as lightly used during the 4mths period, coz not successful in breastfeeding twins. Anyone interested can view condition first. Pm or text me at 93866091 for quick deal.