Wholesaler in Waterloo Street area (SiBeiLor)??

kohym

Alpha Male
Any mummies here know the address and tel no. of this baby clothes wholesaler at Waterloo street area, near the famous Goddess of Mercy Chinese temple?

I heard that they sell baby clothes very cheap but for bulk purchase only (at least half dozen).

I know they are not open on weekends so I appreciate mummies can point me in the right direction :) thanks thanks :)

iBaby_Mum

Cheap & Reasonable baby clothes & items:
You can check out at "Shen Kwong Trading Co."
Think this shop is kind of like a wholesaler type of shop.
In my personal view, the baby clothes there are simple/plain & more for at home wear.
Some are per pack of 6 pieces (same design) for $10 or $12.
I bought a pack of baby hanky (12ieces) there for $3.

Anyway, you can check it out at Blk 269 Queen Street #01-246 (S) 183269, Tel Tel: 6338 3260.

The blk is just opposite the Guan Ying Temple near OG in Bugis area.
The shop is located at the corner, few steps away from a public toilet.

iBaby_Mum

My elder son has always been wearing their clothes since baby. My mother always buy there. He is going 5 years old next Jan.

My newborn is wearing their white pants and tops too. Might need to go down again to buy a bigger size soon as he is growing real fast. :)

To me, if you are not fussy with NO Design and PLain. 100% Cotton clothes from them are very good for baby and kids.

For me I like it no fuss no frills, so no need to worry whether it pokes the baby with those printings/or emboridery etc. Of course, Natural Fabric!

carrot^

Alpha Male
With your back facing the Goddess of Mercy Temple at waterloo street, Walk all the way into the opposite building, turn left and walk all the way to the end. You should be able to see the shop. Since it's wholesale, there bound to be quite a fair bit of ppl there so have to be patience to wait for them to service you.

kohym

Alpha Male
My elder son has always been wearing their clothes since baby. My mother always buy there. He is going 5 years old next Jan.

My newborn is wearing their white pants and tops too. Might need to go down again to buy a bigger size soon as he is growing real fast. :)

To me, if you are not fussy with NO Design and PLain. 100% Cotton clothes from them are very good for baby and kids.

For me I like it no fuss no frills, so no need to worry whether it pokes the baby with those printings/or emboridery etc. Of course, Natural Fabric!
yes yes yes, that's what i want to find.

pure white, simple, no frills, no design homewear kind! :)

kohym

Alpha Male
For new born, half dozen of each design enough? my mum tells me to buy those baby top with ribbon to tie the sides one, like bathing robe pattern.

what is the advice here?

autumn82

For new born, half dozen of each design enough? my mum tells me to buy those baby top with ribbon to tie the sides one, like bathing robe pattern.

what is the advice here?

If u're gonna dump the clothes in the machine w/o netting, advice don't get those ribbon type. Coz the ribbons will "run" :tlaugh: Tat happened to me. :p

pink_daisy

what is the advice here?

if u get those with buttons, the buttons might rub and hurt your baby's cord... last time, i oso get those with tie ribbon type.. after the cord drop off then i let my baby wear tops with buttons..

pink_daisy

If you're gonna dump the clothes in the machine w/o netting, advice dont't get those ribbon type. Coz the ribbons will "run" :tlaugh: that happened to me. :p
last time i handwash all my baby's clothings coz the clothings always got the milk stain...including those mittens and booties... somemore, it is said the washing machine itself has alot of germs n dirt inside (coz our adult's clothings got so much sweat n dirt already and everything throw inside the washing machine) so not so gd for the baby's clothings to be washed tgt..i only start to throw everything inside the machine when baby abt 6mths old but still separate wash baby's clothings from ours..

iBaby_Mum

Hi, the cord will drop in 1 week. I receive the wrap with strings from people. I bought 6 pieces white tops from them. Enough as they don't change so much.

I dun like the wrap with strings type actually. i bought those with buttons. Actually DR says the baby won't feel any pain at the cord. if worried, one granny i met at the swimming pool told me to get a cord binder.

you cover the area and wow la, any type of clothes alo can wear. but make sure it is DRY!.

i didn't buy from the shop that you all bought from but most of my newborn tops are t-shirt style... put over the head.. as well as romper style... the buttons are at the bottom nappy area so won't bother baby at all. easy to wash, dry and wear.

Lynnie

Kimono type u don't have to worry about buttons coming off and baby swallowing it accidentally.
I prefer the button type though, but my baby has been tugging at her clothes since 2 mths +, and putting everything into her mouth. Gotta be careful ...

iBaby_Mum

I think the new born is not able to put things in their mouth yet :p
Anyway, just get a few style to try out. We have many styles too and we love bodysuits and rompers.
Slightly harder to wear, but will keep diaper in place and the clothe will always be in place (not roll up).

But definitely DO NOT buy design with long sleeves and pants WITHOUT FULL FRONT SNAP!.

If not you will have a hard time putting on the clothes and taking them off.
Ya, I have 1 piece which I only wear it once.

autumn82

last time i handwash all my baby's clothings coz the clothings always got the milk stain...including those mittens and booties... somemore, it is said the washing machine itself has alot of germs and dirt inside (coz our adult's clothings got so much sweat and dirt already and everything throw inside the washing machine) so not so good for the baby's clothings to be washed together..i only start to throw everything inside the machine when baby about 6mths old but still separate wash baby's clothings from ours..
:tlaugh:I'm a lazy mum, so just dumped into machine. :001_302::001_302::001_302::001_302:

iBaby_Mum

Yes! Me too. Lazy Mum.
I just make sure I get those baby clothes detergent and don't mix it with our clothes for washing.

However, my mother will handwash the baby clothes and even my son's clothes!

One thing to note:
Baby must be exposed to the natural enviroment with germs in order to get the immunity. So they will be strong when they get mixing with other kids in school. So try not to be too extreme :elvis:

autumn82

Yes! Me too. Lazy Mum.
I just make sure I get those baby clothes detergent and dont't mix it with our clothes for washing.

However, my mother will handwash the baby clothes and even my son's clothes!

One thing to note:
Baby must be exposed to the natural enviroment with germs in order to get the immunity. So they will be strong when they get mixing with other kids in school. So try not to be too extreme :elvis:
:err: I don't even use baby detergent to wash my kids clothes since NB. :tlaugh:Just our normal detergent but I don't mix our clothes with theirs. :)