Why does most maternity wear are so girlie?

mollymolly

Its kinda boring seeing all the old womanly or oh-so-girlie maternity clothes. Sometimes I wanna look different.

I love being pregnant but I miss the days when i can play dress ups and wear any kind of clothes in any type of style that i want.

Everywhere i see is cutesy, girlie maternity clothes or the same old theme. Can anyone suggest me something different? But still feels comfortable for my growing body..

Thanks in advance :001_302:

angiebaby

you can still wear those doll dress even if you pregnant as the tight line is just under breast and our belly is not restricted, can purchase from any dress shop like osmose, this fashion, but just take note need to buy a bit longer one as the belly will pop up thus the dress will look shorter, and if normally you wear S, just buy M when you pregnant, i hate those boring dark blue or maroon maternity dress feel myself look like a bun, nowa days i wear doll dress everyday and very colorful like tropical fruits and colleagues said very refreshing and lively...:001_302:

or wear those short dress but wear maternity stocking, looks nice too! btw im almost 5 month but sometime i still wear my heels, people always say from behind cant tell im pregnant but go front like wah belly so big! hahaha

pinkapple

hahaha. I also think so leh. the maternity wear are mostly very auntie.

so for my 2nd pregnancy, i decided to buy non-maternity clothes instead. baby-doll dresses, tops, empire-line dresses. u'll be surprised what you can find for pregnant women in a normal shop. and I wonder how those non-pregnant women will look in those dresses I bought.

mixue84

I am trying not to wear so auntie but come to think of maternity clothing are mostly similar and looks a bit older.

jenny88

haha yah true most of them are too girlie to my liking, i like more sporty and laid back style. so what i do is wear all my loose tops, still can fit..

felicity

hahaha. I also think so leh. the maternity wear are mostly very auntie.

so for my 2nd pregnancy, i decided to buy non-maternity clothes instead. baby-doll dresses, tops, empire-line dresses. u'll be surprised what you can find for pregnant women in a normal shop. and I wonder how those non-pregnant women will look in those dresses I bought.
sounds like u r talking abt me! haha... because i hv lots of baby-doll tops and dresses, and empire-cut dresses b4 pregnancy! to hide my tummy lor... because i'm a fat gal... so it's good that now i can still wear them and save me the hassle of getting maternity clothes! yay! :D with those and a few preloved from friends, i've saved a lot on maternity clothings! haha~

PinkDiamonds

I also had trouble buying clothes while I was pregnant. Apparently the more classy and nicer looking ones are also more expensive. So for my first pregnancy I ended up buying 1 size up clothes.

When I had twins my tummy was so big even those maternity wear couldn't cover my tummy enough! End up, I bought those auntie looking oversize tops.

Which is why I don't have many pictures of me when I preggy! hahaha.

Smith Abigail

Just found the girlish, yet decent maternity wear which will completely an change over while going my looks. That perfectly match and complements me well. :) :D