Why is my 2 mth baby drinking lesser than usual?

lushtear

Hi all, My 2 months 2 weeks gal usually drinks 110 to 130 ml 7 times a day but these couple of days, i realise she is not drinking as much.. she is only drinking around 60 to 80 ml. I'm so worried bt her weight gain. She is not fussing but when i tried to put the bottle in her mouth again, she will try to or vomit some of the milk out.. Have u mums experienced this?? Will this pass? Tot she is suppose to accomplish 5 ounce when she is 3 months old. How to reach that in this state?? *Worried!!!*

Renzie

Mine too, she's just reaching 2 months and her milk intake is reduced. Usually she can finish 90-120ml every 2 hours, but recently, she's only taking in 50-70ml before dozing off again, and when I tried to give her the bottle again, also same, sometimes successful, sometimes not.

Ashbaby

My DS was like that when he was 2 mths old. He can even go w/o milk for 12 hours. Slowly he grow out of it. I think its a passing phase. My neice and gf's daughter also like tt.

shopaholic

Yes, most likely just a passing phase. My boy also experienced that. At first I was quite happy that he was increasing his appetite but at a certain point in time, his appetite dropped and hovered around 100-120ml at 2.5mths. He's still gaining weight and he's still happy. I was advised that there's no problem and indeed, he increased his milk intake gradually a few weeks later.

Hope this helps.