Why not Europe?

serenelm

ya i loved italy (milan) when i followed my dh on his biz trip... really beautiful architecture.... din do much shopping thou cos too expensive... oni bought a gucci sling bag n furla wallet (cheaper than SIN)... nvr bought clothes at all... wld love to go paris if i hv chance... heehee...

we took thai airways there (even thou dh's co usually provide SQ for staff) cos it's cheaper for my ticket... abt S$1.4k+... way cheaper than SQ at S$2k... used the savings for hotels n meals...

Sweetalk

Alpha Male
Been there 2 years ago, very nice place! Everyone is so relax down there and you can see office ppl having their coffee in the cafe during office hr
Not like here where everything is so tense.
Not to go in Nov or Dec unless you can tahan coldness

lulu_booboo

Europe is very pretty. well, some cities more than others i think.
I work in London, which is a lovely city to walk around. a lot of big green parks, fantastic when summer time, everyone will just lie on the grass and enjoy the sun.

I've worked in milan too, which is, in my opinion, one of the ugliest city... i see loads of vandalism, buildings are grey. The duomo is very pretty but that's abt it. alot of wonderful shops though, and when on sale, branded goods are really worth getting!

been to paris -lovely romantic city... love the cafe culture, beautiful streets but hotels are really small and expensive

madrid - interesting, good shopping, EXCELLENT night life - can party whole nite and gorgeous spanish men!! (tat was when i was still single)

barcelona - lovely streets, great restaurants, wonderful culture. Delicious tapas and beer. and hotels there are the best value for money

prague - romantic, romantic, romantic!! i went during christmas time, wonderful christmas markets, great atmosphere. Beautiful architecture. And the pple are the friendliest i have ever met!

rome - beautiful, alot of well known old architecture which is well worth a look. Good food but you have to avoid the tourist restaurants.

Sweetalk

Alpha Male
Ya tat's right! Paris hotel is small esp 3-4 stars type.
My hb and i were staying in a 3 stars hotel (no choice budget constraint) and guess what? the lift can only fit in 2 ppl!, we have to go up first, wait upstair and then let the respt placed our luggages for the next trip....nv been in a lift so small...
But the bf is homely....it is in the basement and everyone were just sitting together eating bread, bread and only bread....hahahaha

leey

Ya tat's right! Paris hotel is small esp 3-4 stars type.
My hb and i were staying in a 3 stars hotel (no choice budget constraint) and guess what? the lift can only fit in 2 ppl!, we have to go up first, wait upstair and then let the respt placed our luggages for the next trip....nv been in a lift so small...
But the bf is homely....it is in the basement and everyone were just sitting together eating bread, bread and only bread....hahahaha
Yes,
it is.My sister has a tour on France.
People are nice and strong family feel.

Me raise 2 hands and 2 legs to agree that Europe has the best places for tour.

1) London: Beside the beautiful parks, it's good for shopping, musicals,
museum tours. People there are very friendly and warm, always give
way to mother with child, help me to lift the stroller up the
stairs/escalator.
Dismal weather during winter though, best go during spring where
flowers bloom!

2) Paris: relaxed cafe culture as mentioned before, love the Rive Seine
cruise, arty farty culture

3) Rome: rich history and grand architecture, very warm Italians!

4) Vienna: rich culture, beautiful sceneries (snowing in
Vienna very romantic!)

5) Prague: my all-time favourite, think it's more romantic than Paris, more
"provincial" than the other European counterparts. Love the Charles Bridge
where artists paint, peddlers sell souvenirs, gardens, quaint little cafes
Autumn there is beautiful!

6) Brussels: yummy chocolates!